Whig Party National Conference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:56:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 51682 times)
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« on: January 27, 2012, 09:32:25 PM »

I might join if I get involved in the game.

Great party idea, though.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 08:41:29 PM »

May I join as a non-elected member? I'll run for the next opening that occurs in the IDS.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 09:27:21 PM »

I've seen you've done that, so welcome to the club of the cool community of Atlasians!

Thanks, man. Just tel me how to vote initially and I'll take it from there.

This will be fun. I agree with most of SimFan's proposed platform, and I love the name. This is going to be a great movement.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 09:35:57 PM »

I've seen you've done that, so welcome to the club of the cool community of Atlasians!

This will be fun. I agree with most of SimFan's proposed platform, and I love the name. This is going to be a great movement.

As in what to vote for or how?

How? You'll be presented with ballots during the convention, on which you will vote. You can make nominations.

For what? That's up to you. Smiley

I meant whom to vote for, as in the presidential elections.

Thanks man, once again. Smiley
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 09:41:11 PM »

As in what to vote for or how?

How? You'll be presented with ballots during the convention, on which you will vote. You can make nominations.

For what? That's up to you. Smiley

I meant whom to vote for, as in the presidential elections.

Thanks man, once again. Smiley

We should vote for the only candidate, who happens to be our candidate- ZuWo!

I'm Zany for ZuWo!
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 10:43:53 PM »

I'm going to suggest at the convention, beginning tomorrow, that we take a moderated approach to our platform, as well as focus more on game reform. Just throwing it out there, so don't be shocked. Wink

I disagree. A bland message of game reform would mot be worthy of our centre-right ideals.

What suggest is to put our main focus on game reform while also reaffirming our support for tradition.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 11:04:20 PM »

Before the convention, here's some points I believe that need to be in the final platform.
  • We believe that although the rights of the indivigual are sacrosanct, we believe that the family is the fundamental social unit on which the community is based.
  • Life is perhaps the most important civil right any human possesses. Thus, we seek to guarantee legal rights to the indivigual beginning from conception.
  • Our current executive branch is outdated, and in desperate need for reform. We support the direct, seperate election of the vice president and other cabinet members in to make sure the best and brightest, rather than pawns of the president, serve in such capacities.
  • We believe firmly in the Atlasian concept of federalism. The recognition of rights of the several regions to govern in their own affairs is necessary for the maintenance of liberty for the citizens, as well as a check on the power of the federal government.
  • We believe that equality of opportunity trumps equality of outcome. The later tends to lead to tyranny, and the loss of indivigual liberties.

Okay, SimFan. We won't get too excited.

Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 11:17:09 PM »

MasterSanders, I agree with all but the third point- the cabinet should be able to trusted and able to consult the President. I also agree that abortions should be left to the regions, although I would like to see some kind of condemnation, even if (and preferably) a mild one.

I'm good with that.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 01:07:43 PM »

I think if we make abortion, especially at the federal level, a top issue of this party, unfortunately, we'll be setting ourselves up for political suicide.

That may not be right, but that's how it is.

I don't think anyone wants to make it front and center. We just need to keep a plank that affirms our pro-life stance.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 01:16:25 PM »

I think we should advocate at the federal level for abortion to be a regional issue and at the regional level to ban/heavily restrict abortion. While we don't need to turn this into a one-issue party, I don't think we have much to gain by completely shying away from taking a stand. I don't think it's much of a secret that most of this party's membership is pro-life.

I agree. Reaffirm our pro-life stance while pushing for game reform.

You think we could entertain a plank that would grant members the right to join several caucuses?
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 03:39:14 PM »

I think if we make abortion, especially at the federal level, a top issue of this party, unfortunately, we'll be setting ourselves up for political suicide.

That may not be right, but that's how it is.

I don't think anyone wants to make it front and center. We just need to keep a plank that affirms our pro-life stance.
I got the indication from ZuWo that abortion should be one of our main concerns.

I think abortion can be an issue for the Right To Life Caucus to pursue, but not the party. That's how the RPP pretty much handled it.

I believe our opposition to abortion should be a central issue to this party in that we unequivocally state in our platform that we oppose it, but I agree that it is an issue we should handle at the regional level.

I guess nearly 100% of the party members are pro-life anyway, so we should communicate that to the Atlasian people. This ain't the RPP, we should not aim at becoming a big tent party. Wink

ZuWo, I believe we could build a broad coalition if not a big tent if we present a bold platform of game reform. I agree with Isaac on pushing for.certain changes in the game, such as popular election of the vice president. As I mentioned earlier, an easier way to build multi-partisan coalitions on certain votes before the Senate would be to allow participants to be in several caucuses at once. We might create a sort of "Contract with Atlasia," showcasing our proposals to fix the system.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 04:02:18 PM »

I totally agree with your stance on game reform. I, too, support a separate election of the Vice President and would like to allow people to be members of several caucuses. Indeed, I believe game reform should be an important plank of our party. I just want to make sure we don't deny our conservative views on issues such as abortion just because most Atlasians disagree with us on them. Our pro-life stance should appear in our platform, that's all I am asking for.

Absolutely.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 05:39:34 PM »

Hold it!

ZuWo, I agree that we should include a pro-life plank in the platform.

Isaac, I agree that our single focus should not be on social issues.

Look, we can have our cake (pro -life plank), and eat it too (broad appeal through game reform).
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 06:09:37 PM »

Besides a platform, could.we draw a list of practical, short-term proposals?
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 09:58:35 PM »

My brain hurts...

Could we amend the law that would allow for wartime conscription?
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 10:13:30 PM »

Wait!

Let's not get distracted over whether our servicemen need moral teaching, or whether gays should be banned. Let's discuss the party's official position on the Anti-conscription bill.

I say we should work for a compromise that would allow for a draft only in wartime.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 10:19:05 PM »

Wait!

Let's not get distracted over whether our servicemen need moral teaching, or whether gays should be banned. Let's discuss the party's official position on the Anti-conscription bill.

I say we should work for a compromise that would allow for a draft only in wartime.

I say we work to defeat it and if we have to settle for a compromise then so be it...

That is my mentality with all this and in life- push for what you want and if need be settle, but don't push with delicate hands. Come heavy or not at all

If a compromise can not be reached, then yes, Clarence, we should vote against it.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 10:21:21 PM »

Wait!

I say we work to defeat it and if we have to settle for a compromise then so be it...

That is my mentality with all this and in life- push for what you want and if need be settle, but don't push with delicate hands. Come heavy or not at all

If a compromise can not be reached, then yes, Clarence, we should vote against it.
Amen

Clarence, I admire your attitude.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 10:27:13 PM »

I think Clarence is right- let's push back as hard as we can, even if we don't get a full defeat, we can force a compromise.

Let's also be sure to codify our position on this in the platform.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 07:30:33 PM »

I propose, since we have Clarence as a Whig Senator, to begin drafting a formal platform.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 09:50:25 PM »

I also agree with this platform.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies