Whig Party National Conference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:54:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 52351 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: May 12, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »

Vote is officialy closed!
Next Whig convention will be held in Bird-In-Hand, PA!

Out of curiosity, is this a joke? Or is the convention really being held in Lancaster County?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 12:24:11 PM »

You'd better be outraged at the path your Liberal Party is taking because if you guys continue to recruit libertarians, centrists and leftists at the same time it will become less and less clear what your party stands for. Wink

I believe it would result in a party best described as "moderate liberalitarian".
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »

Perhaps- we value diversity of opinion and having many candidates compete in the arena of ideas...we don't want to shut out other candidates (or an entire party) for a coronation ;-)

It'd make sense to have a primary, just so the Whigs could have the same "unitedness" the left is pursuing with their Oakvale-Napoleon-Tweed preferencing contest, in an orderly fashion.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 04:35:38 PM »

You'd better be outraged at the path your Liberal Party is taking because if you guys continue to recruit libertarians, centrists and leftists at the same time it will become less and less clear what your party stands for. Wink

I believe it would result in a party best described as "moderate liberalitarian".

Perfect for someone like you! Wink

'Twould, were I not a Southerner.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 05:29:24 PM »

Since 20RP12 joined after he announced his candidacy, I would prefer that we simply not endorse a candidate, but I'd like to see both Clarence and he urge their supporters to make the other their second choices.

Why not just endorse both of them? Sort of like "the Whig Party officially endorses 20RP12 and Clarence for the Presidency, and encourages its members to weigh the merits of each when determining which shall get their first preference and which shall get their second"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies