Which U.S. President comes to mind first.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:05:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Which U.S. President comes to mind first.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which U.S. President comes to mind first....  (Read 4065 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: January 28, 2012, 10:05:06 PM »

Intelligent - Bill Clinton, his IQ is 186 and he is a Rhodes Scholar.  I would've said Woodrow Wilson if Wilson didn't act like a total f***ing idiot in foreign policy and ended up pissing off half of his own party by 1920.
Corrupt - Richard Nixon, for obvious reasons.  I would've said Warren Harding but that guy seemed too much like a dumb son of a bitch to win the award.
Charismatic - Andrew Jackson, why else are history teachers (regardless of grade or college) seem to love the sh*t out of him for some weird reason?
Leader - George Washington, despite a caucus (later a party) formed directly in opposition to his administration's policies he got re-elected.  Unanimously.
Honest - Grover Cleveland, he pissed off Tammany Hall AND the Free Silver crowd for chrissakes!  A man, especially a Democrat, has to be pretty damn honest to pull that off!
Liar - Ronald Reagan, because unlike Nixon he got away with it.
Sexy - John Kennedy, I don't know how it's even close (considering the competition).
Ugly - Lyndon Johnson, that man gives me nightmares.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 12:10:39 AM »

Charismatic - Andrew Jackson, why else are history teachers (regardless of grade or college) seem to love the sh*t out of him for some weird reason?

I completely know what you mean. "Anything. Anything with Andrew Jackson would be a good topic for your paper". I doubt my teacher would like his policies at all if he were there, but for some reason, some strange weird, hormone driven fetish, God-knows-what, he loves the man. I wonder if the likes Thomas Jefferson more, or if ol' Tommy couldn't surpass the sexiness of Andrew Jackson. Hmmm...

Every US history teacher who actually gave a damn about the subject I've ever had seems to have some kind of affinity for the man.  That includes my crippled black teacher I had my Freshman year in college.
I mean granted Jackson wasn't just some guy who killed Indians like many people seem to think now days, but I don't think he's the presidential equivalent of The Rock like many US History textbooks and teachers preach incessantly about either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies