The Romneys Converted Mitt’s Dead Atheist Father-in-Law to Mormonism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:13:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Romneys Converted Mitt’s Dead Atheist Father-in-Law to Mormonism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Romneys Converted Mitt’s Dead Atheist Father-in-Law to Mormonism  (Read 9463 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: January 27, 2012, 01:04:16 PM »

Approve. I too have converted my dead Catholic ancestors to my personal brand of worshipless pantheism.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 07:57:03 AM »

Intolerance and religious bigotry are so ugly.

They led to the deaths of 6,000,000 Jews.
And hundreds of Mormons and possibly slightly more Gentiles in the 19th century... though it's fair to say that without Mountain Meadows, the Mormons' casualties would far exceed their detractors'.

And it's pretty clear the issue of past and possible future persecution is there, somewhere, deep in the Mormon cultural subconsciousness. Can't blame them, of course.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 07:58:59 AM »

You know what's less normal than religious beliefs? Hint: Go ask Santorum.

Bigotry against Mormons is just as ugly as any other type of bigotry.

wat

No one's forcing Mormons to be Mormon (except other Mormons). Other types of bigotry are worse because you don't choose to be black, or Hispanic, or gay, or Jewish (culturally), or....
You no more choose to be culturally Jewish than you choose to be culturally Mormon. Perfectly comparable really.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies