Is Mormonism a Religion or a Cult (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:08:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is Mormonism a Religion or a Cult (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What say you?
Religion

Cult

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Is Mormonism a Religion or a Cult  (Read 10144 times)
BYUmormon
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

« on: February 28, 2012, 09:46:43 PM »

Certainly a religion! It might not be quite the same as other christian religions, but I'm a Mormon and this is what Mormons do:They go to church for 3 hours on Sunday, pay 10% tithing to the church(which is used to help the needy, build temples, fund BYU, and is not to pay anyone), they are certainly not polygamists(although some people who say they are mormons are), they have far higher standards than most other people I've met, and they have big families. On top of that, they follow the Bible more closely than most religions. For example the Bible says not to do excessive work on Sundays, we don't go to sports, we don't work, and we don't do other things that would diminish it's value as a day of rest. We are not secretive, look st Mitt Romney, he is a Mormon. He does all of these things. Is he part of a Cult? Anyone who says we are a cult should actually find out the whole story. I encourage anyone reading this to go to Mormon.org and sincerely pray asking god if Mormonism is true. If you're an atheist who won't try, or hates religion, then just don't look at us any differently from other Christians. I'm not saying other religions are bad, if everyone was a Christian the world would be a far better place. 
BYUmormon
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:52:08 PM »

Well most don't work on Sundays unless its something serving others like hospital work. You must know some mormons if you work with them. Do they seem like members of a cult to you?
BYUmormon
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 01:53:33 PM »

Uhh.... watch out with that last sentance.

Well maybe not for Liberals.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies