The basis of Mormonism is no more illegitimate than the basis of any relgion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:59:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The basis of Mormonism is no more illegitimate than the basis of any relgion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The basis of Mormonism is no more illegitimate than the basis of any relgion  (Read 8855 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: June 27, 2012, 08:00:04 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why? I am "cut off" from "God" now, and whatever condition I am in, the word "torment" simply does not accurately capture my satisfaction with my life. In fact, it is totally off the mark. Is being cut off from God after one leaves this mortal coil, different from when one is on this mortal coil for those that believe there is some sentient existence for one, after one's body returns to dust? Is this just religious boilerplate, that one copies and pastes, or is there more to it?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 10:41:39 PM »

Being human is a function of God in your view. Without it, you have no emotions (other than loneliness I guess, which rather than hope, is what remains in Pandora's Box), even though other animals do. I get it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies