Romney pledges to launch an armada of galleons if elected. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:42:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney pledges to launch an armada of galleons if elected. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney pledges to launch an armada of galleons if elected.  (Read 2390 times)
Link
« on: January 28, 2012, 06:48:51 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think Castro summed it up best...

I was concerned about Cain, Bachmann, or Palin getting the nuclear button but it appears they were just a distraction to keep us from realizing the true lunacy of Mitt Romney.
Link
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 07:23:36 PM »

Yes, because Commie anti human rights dictator Castro is such a credible and realiable source for commentary on the American political scene.

However, if you wish to idolize Commie Castro, hang on his every word, and worship as your  hero, you are completely free to do so.

Don't let me stop you.

Whoa.  Not the reaction I was expecting.  You do realize I have at various times agreed with things Newt Gingrich has said and I have agreed with things that Romney has said.  I don't think that means I "idolize" them.  I was on another thread earlier today defending Romney from an unfair attack.  I'm not a robot dude.  If someone is right I acknowledge it.  It doesn't mean I agree with everything they say or do.

You have to admit that Romney's statement shows a complete lack of understanding of military matters.  This is why you shouldn't assume a business man will automatically make a good president.
Link
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:37:49 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2012, 09:47:15 PM by Link »

Whoa.  Not the reaction I was expecting.  You do realize I have at various times agreed with things Newt Gingrich has said and I have agreed with things that Romney has said.  I don't think that means I "idolize" them.  I was on another thread earlier today defending Romney from an unfair attack.  I'm not a robot dude.  If someone is right I acknowledge it.  It doesn't mean I agree with everything they say or do.

You have to admit that Romney's statement shows a complete lack of understanding of military matters.  This is why you shouldn't assume a business man will automatically make a good president.

You're the one who said that Castro summed it up best, meaning better than anyone else, better than any American could have.

Figure of speech.

For someone who agrees with some things Romney has said, you are now saying he, and all Republican candidates, are idiots, just because some Commie anti human rights dictator says so.

Concrete thinking.

Seriously what is with you and the English language?  You mean to say you've never called a guy that went to Harvard or Yale an idiot?  You don't actually mean the person has an IQ less than 90.

And what is with this Commie stuff?  The Cold War is over.  Guess what?  We won.  They aren't coming back.  Geez.  And you wonder why the rest of us and frankly the rest of the world are terrified of people like you.  Castro is a petty dictator living on an island.  Why does he bother you so much?  What's embarrassing is as bad as that guy is he is one of the only prominent people that can speak the truth about the situation. Frankly I'm embarrassed that he landed such a blow on our political process.

Now do you have anything to say about Romney's proposed flotilla from the turn of the last century or do you want to re-litigate the Cold War?

For someone who agrees with some things Romney has said, you are now saying he, and all Republican candidates, are idiots, just because some Commie anti human rights dictator says so.

Mmmm... no.  I am calling Romney's defense bona fides bunk because he just compared an Aegis cruiser to a steam ship.
Link
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 10:07:56 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2012, 10:16:18 PM by Link »

Mitt does the Navy a pretty grave disservice by implying it's not already ludicrously powerful.

Don't worry.  He takes a swipe at the Air Force too.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

VS

I would take a 10 year old stealth bomber over 40 brand new B-17's any day of the week.  Is Mitt Romney Rain Man?  How could you compare the number of B-17's to the number of B-2's in the stable?  The Harvard Business School is very suspect.  Is this just epic political trolling on a grand scale or is Romney suffering early onset dementia?
Link
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 10:15:26 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2012, 10:19:07 PM by Link »

Whoa.  Not the reaction I was expecting.  You do realize I have at various times agreed with things Newt Gingrich has said and I have agreed with things that Romney has said.  I don't think that means I "idolize" them.  I was on another thread earlier today defending Romney from an unfair attack.  I'm not a robot dude.  If someone is right I acknowledge it.  It doesn't mean I agree with everything they say or do.

You have to admit that Romney's statement shows a complete lack of understanding of military matters.  This is why you shouldn't assume a business man will automatically make a good president.

You're the one who said that Castro summed it up best, meaning better than anyone else, better than any American could have.

Figure of speech.

Concrete thinking.

Seriously what is with you and the English language?  You mean to say you've never called a guy that went to Harvard or Yale an idiot?  You don't actually mean the person has an IQ less than 90.

And what is with this Commie stuff?  The Cold War is over.  Guess what?  We won.  They aren't coming back.  Geez.  And you wonder why the rest of us and frankly the rest of the world are terrified of people like you.  Castro is a petty dictator living on an island.  Why does he bother you so much?  What's embarrassing is as bad as that guy is he is one of the only prominent people that can speak the truth about the situation. Frankly I'm embarrassed that he landed such a blow on our political process.

Now do you have anything to say about Romney's proposed flotilla from the turn of the last century or do you want to re-litigate the Cold War?

Mmmm... no.  I am calling Romney's defense bona fides bunk because he just compared an Aegis cruiser to a steam ship.

You are the one who injected the Commie Castro and his statement about the GOP candidates, stating he summed it up best, and you now try to pass this off as a figure of speech.

"[Insert name] said it best..."  Is a figure of speech whether you use it in reference to Castro or anyone else.  It does not mean you literally surveyed all 7 billion people on the planet and chose the wittiest response.

Now do you have a comment about Romney's military hardware valuation models?
Link
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 10:42:28 PM »

Obama stands in a position of strength on foreign policy (Bin Laden, Libya, Iraq ending, tough stand on piracy etc.).  This issue has long been a GOP winner.  For decades the perception is that D's are hopelessly weak and therefore Mitt is pulling out anything out to try to rekindle this.

It is a simplistic attack, however, the large expected decrease in the number of fighters and the aging strategic bomber fleet are issues to analyze. I think there will be a big shift toward relatively inexpensive UCAVS so the US will have to be prudent to maintain the technological and strategic edge.

Yes my assumption was it was just the usual recycled meme of "Dem's weak.  Me strong."  I just don't know why a man who allegedly made his money analyzing the value of things would make such an imbecilic comparison for two branches of our armed forces.  Sarah Palin could have done that.  Romney is better than this.

You and other posters in this thread have brought up some good and very serious points.  You are correct.  We do have a lot of aging hardware in our military as evidenced by the F-15 that broke up in mid flight.  We really need to evaluate our military.  Well first our military needs some down time.  Then we need to take inventory.  Then we need to figure out what our future missions are going to be and retool for them.  This is a very serious matter.

And as others have said we need to figure out how we are going to pay for it.  We can't just say we are going to purchase more super carriers, cut taxes on the rich, and magically balance the budget.  This is my fundamental problem with Romney.  If if you think Obama is doing a bad job with the economy is there any evidence that Romney is going to do a better job?  Tax cuts for the rich and more military spending has been tried since the 1980s.  It's the reason we are in such bad shape now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies