Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:48:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South  (Read 21123 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: May 03, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »

I'd like to add for the record that the Oakvale/Cincinnatus campaign is staunchly pro-regional rights, given my record as a Governor and Cincinnatus' long history in regional politics, and we will be delivering some remarks elaborating on that position in the coming weeks, although obviously I think you've already got your endorsements wrapped up. Wink
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »

This case can not be compared to Bush v. Gore, are you serious? That case had legitimate electoral law questions in an election wherethe results could not be completely decided otherwise. Tweed clearly lost this election and has not raised any constitutional or legal provisions that support his case.

I said it's Bush v. Gore level; it has to do with who won an election, not whether or not the federal government continues to exist.

Though if Tweed won his suit, the federal government would be completely delegitimized, as the Supreme Court would establish its prerogative to annoint its chosen candidate (as it happens, the most left-wing candidate) winner.

Tweed's more akin to a far-right candidate than the most left-wing, I think.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies