Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:34:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South  (Read 21152 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 28, 2012, 08:04:14 PM »
« edited: March 04, 2012, 09:01:40 PM by Yelnoc »

With the current volatility, the Imperial Dominion of the South needs a party to represent its interests.  The United Imperial Front aims to do this.  United as one we are, in the face of federal meddling.  The plank of the party beyond that penultimate goal, is up to its members.

You hear that?  Southern boys, to the bureau!  Get a'regist'rin'!

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 08:15:49 PM »

Why do you want to establish a one-party system in your region for the sake of having a one-party system?
It isn't my region.  The IDS has a long, storied tradition, with a unique identity and values.  None of the "ideological" (in quotes because only one of the recently founded parties seems to have a coherent ideology) parties, which are crafted to be maximally competitive nationally, can ever truly represent this region.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:45:08 PM »

Your logo looks like a gathering of communist immigrants. My idea would be to form an alliance with your group, so as you have autonomy in regional and senate matters, but have a good hand in Presidential elections with the advantage of being allied with a national party who would, in turn, owe the south.
Communist immigrants?  What makes you think that?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 10:27:14 PM »

Welcome Jbrase to the UIF!  We are one member away from official party status!  Come on southerners, you know you want in.  All of the other parties are boring national parties, intent on "winning the game" like countries tend to blob across the map...

...yeah, if you don't play Paradox games, you probably don't get the reference.  No matter!  Join the Imperial Front, break the monotony!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 10:40:45 PM »

Will you annex non-contiguous provinces? Because that'll make you an HP.
Lolno.  We're a regional party.  Our borders will be, by far, the cleanest.  I imagine you folk up north will be a balkanized mess. Tongue
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 08:00:05 PM »

Good ideas, PR (and yes, of course we would endorse a fellow party member).

Jbrase, if you insist. Tongue  It probably would be a good idea for me to "run the show" until we have working by-laws in place, just to prevent confusion.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 08:03:55 PM »

Hold up now.  With the names, lets agree to take "the" out of the official version of whichever we choose.  And does anybody have any other suggestions for neustro nombre?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 10:09:19 AM »

Thank you Taft.

And this Grand Imperial Party will not become subservient to any national party if I have anything to say about it.  If our interests and that of another party are convergent, we will work together.  That doesn't mean we will give up a lick of our liberty, our ability to make our own decisions, to one of the outside parties, whose goals are solely to "win the game."
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 03:56:30 PM »

Alright, that sounds unanimous enough.  Next, I want us decide on the name.  I chose the "United Imperial Front" because I wanted to create a party that could unify the south, a party that could serve as a front for our interests on the national stage.  I also didn't want to use the word "party" in the name.  I know it might sound a bit odd though, so I am open to suggestion for a name change.  Jbrase already mentioned "Imperial Bloc" as an alternate; any other ideas?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 08:01:18 PM »

Any other name suggestions?  I myself am warming to Imperial Bloc.

Another thing, guys. I am already a Whig. Can I be a member of both?
No, this is a political party.  We would love to have you, though.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 08:44:03 PM »

Sure, you can even make your regional affiliation the same (this does not effect national registration) assuming you reside in the south.  Though, as I said, we would much prefer having you as a member.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 08:56:38 PM »

I'm running for the IDS legislature as a Whig. Since our goals are identical, could I recieve this party's endorsement? I would caucus with UIF.

I would be fine with that, what say the rest of ye?

To promote southern interests at a national level.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 09:00:14 PM »

To promote southern interests at a national level.

Should we try and define that a bit more?
Yes, that's on the agenda, just after we settle on a name.  I know Jbrase and myself both support the "Imperial Bloc," what about you, Miles, tb, and Progressive Realist?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »

I'll give it another couple hours and then we'll say the name change is official by acclamation.  Now, I know we've discussed defining a platform, but I don't want to create a rigid ideology.  I feel a better exercise would be discussing Southern/Imperial values and incorporating them into a platform.

Also on the list, bylaws will need to be drafted just to assure everything runs smoothly, and we will want to make endorsements before the elections.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 05:40:24 PM »

I will inform Homely of our name change.  I just realized that now we need a new logo.  Anybody got any ideas?

Guys,

I have been appointed to the IDS Legislature. I would like to partner with the UIF to sponsor fusion legislation.

Sounds interesting; introduce it in the legislative introduction thread and we will see.

Bylaws.

There shall be one chair voted on by each convention.
A convention shall be held selecting a chairman and giving endorsements a week before each election.

Southern Interests:
Offshore Oil Drilling?
Lowering taxation upon cattle herding?
An end to the AAA! (Don't think it exists...)
We should probably make it two weeks before each Federal Election, just to give ourselves enough time.  Actually, why not two weeks before each regional election?  Stick to our guns and all that.  As to the interests, I think only one is relevant, though I think it can be expanded to a broader energy plank.  I'll try to think of more ideas.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 08:26:31 PM »

I'll take it.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 07:12:07 PM »

I told Homely to keep the Green; unless there are any objections let's just stick with it.  Below is a starting draft of Imperial Bloc Bylaws.  I'm a lazy son of a gun, so these need some flesh to their bones.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 07:22:09 PM »

That seems a bit often to hold conventions.
That is true.  But I thought it would make more sense to schedule for regional, rather than federal elections.  Perhaps it should be held two weeks before the Emperor's election?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 10:09:56 AM »

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to our newest member, North Carolina Yankee!

Now, any other ideas with el bylaws?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 07:06:46 PM »

Oh, right.  Looks fine to me.  If we run into any problems later, we can always just amend them.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 10:55:27 AM »

It's all good, till you get into the second half of Article II, of course. Tongue
Lol, thanks for pointing that out.  How 'bout he let this languish for another 24 hours and then consider it adopted?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 11:39:48 PM »

Awesome!

And by-laws have been adopted, sans Article 2, Section 2.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 02:55:40 PM »

I think we should endorse Clarence because we should endorse Clarence.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 09:10:27 PM »

Lets follow the By-Laws Tongue
I say the bylaws should be amended to read "any citizen of the IDS seeking a federal office shall be automatically endorsed by the Imperial Bloc, unless explicitly stated otherwise."  What do you guys think?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 03:55:33 PM »

Lets follow the By-Laws Tongue
I say the bylaws should be amended to read "any citizen of the IDS seeking a federal office shall be automatically endorsed by the Imperial Bloc, unless explicitly stated otherwise."  What do you guys think?

I disagree, unless they are within the party, no one should get an auto-endorsement. Someone who is hackishly anti-regional rights could end up with our endorsement simply for living in the south.
My hope was that we would be aware enough to de-endorse them.  And that's a good point, Yankee.  Let's at least amend the bylaws to not require the candidate to ask for our endorsement.  It's a nice courtesy, but I dislike hamstringing organizations in red tape.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies