To the new Parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:51:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  To the new Parties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: To the new Parties  (Read 7664 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 11:15:39 PM »

Why do you oppose gay adoption. Sure, some of us might prefer that gay couples not exist, but they do. I'd rather have a child growing up in a family, as non-traditional as it might be (short of crime, etc.) than in a government orphanage. Those kids that are stuck there will hardly be ready for the world when they leave at the age of eighteen, and it's better in my opinion to have them growing up in a household.

Amen...rather in a gay household then aborted
Thats, um, progressive?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 11:16:32 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2012, 11:18:32 PM by Nathan »

Nathan: What about the rights of the regions?

Rights of the regions in what respect? Within the framework of making sure that every Atlasian citizen has access to his or her own rights, immunities, life and limb, education, square meals, and opportunity to work, we're entirely in support of regions tailoring specific policies to fit their unique needs and circumstances.

What I ment is the right of the regions to disagree and not enforce or override via law the federal government when conscience and constuition dictates (ie Nullification) In the manner of how many of the states are opposed to Obamacare on the grounds of its interference with the 10 th amendment rights of the states?

They're perfectly free to do that and take it up with the Supreme Court. If the law's genuinely unconstitutional that's fine once the courts sort it out but not enforcing federal law simply on account of 'conscience' is itself unconstitutional.

To be perfectly honest I don't think this is something that most people in the SDU (NSTC) are terribly concerned about, relative to other issues.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 11:19:09 PM »

Marriage- The status of marriage should remain as it is currently. We support the idea of marriage and believe that the nuclear family, composed of two married parents* and children, is the optimal form of the family, and is most ingenious way of raising responsible children and citizens.

To be honest, I prefer multigenerational extended families to nuclear families. What are your feelings on that subject?

While we believe multigenerational families have many advantages, and are arguably superior in achieving the aforementioned goals than the nuclear family, modern society does not really have the multigenerational family as a common unit. It has our full support and shall in no way be discouraged by our platform

As for gay adoption, I think Cathcon and Clarence have stated the position of the party quite well. We are for familial stability- that's the bottom line.

Why do you oppose gay adoption. Sure, some of us might prefer that gay couples not exist, but they do. I'd rather have a child growing up in a family, as non-traditional as it might be (short of crime, etc.) than in a government orphanage. Those kids that are stuck there will hardly be ready for the world when they leave at the age of eighteen, and it's better in my opinion to have them growing up in a household.

Amen...rather in a gay household then aborted
Thats, um, progressive?

I don't see it like that. We have two married parents and children. Many liberals reject that model as outdated. We don't. Just because the parents may be of the same sex, doesn't make it progressive.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 11:20:32 PM »

I echo the statements of Cathcon and Clarence.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 11:21:30 PM »

Marriage- The status of marriage should remain as it is currently. We support the idea of marriage and believe that the nuclear family, composed of two married parents* and children, is the optimal form of the family, and is most ingenious way of raising responsible children and citizens.

To be honest, I prefer multigenerational extended families to nuclear families. What are your feelings on that subject?

While we believe multigenerational families have many advantages, and are arguably superior in achieving the aforementioned goals than the nuclear family, modern society does not really have the multigenerational family as a common unit. It has our full support and shall in no way be discouraged by our platform

As for gay adoption, I think Cathcon and Clarence have stated the position of the party quite well. We are for familial stability- that's the bottom line.

As a member of one of those few remaining stable multigenerational families (that doesn't all live in one place but whose members are in much closer contact than most aunts and uncles and nephews and nieces and cousins these days), good. I sometimes wonder if anything can be done to make the extended family a more relevant social unit again, but I haven't yet thought of anything.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 11:23:34 PM »

As a member of one of those few remaining stable multigenerational families (that doesn't all live in one place but whose members are in much closer contact than most aunts and uncles and nephews and nieces and cousins these days), good. I sometimes wonder if anything can be done to make the extended family a more relevant social unit again, but I haven't yet thought of anything.

We would be more than willing to support that movement.  I kind of feel like you should be in our party!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 11:24:34 PM »

Your party got hijacked by the far right...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 11:25:34 PM »

The CPA is center-right- more socially rightist than it is economically rightist.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 11:26:25 PM »

I've heard of a LGBT couple in California that are giving shots to their adopted son to suppress his masculinity. The worse part is that this couple professes to be Jewish. Science proves that childern are best raised in a home with a married father and mother anything else and that kid will struggle with his or her self-identity.

I firmly believe in family stability. However gay marriage and adoption is a line I will not cross.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »

The CPA is center-right- more socially rightist than it is economically rightist.

That's still further right than I'm necessarily comfortable with. Besides, the Social Democratic Union (Name Subject To Change) specifically sent for me to be its first Chairman and to the best of my knowledge there weren't even any other candidates. I can't just leave them at the altar!

I'd have to run this by my rank and file first, but I'd definitely be up for possible agreements or alliances on areas where our parties find agreement.

I've heard of a LGBT couple in California that are giving shots to their adopted son to suppress his masculinity. The worse part is that this couple professes to be Jewish. Science proves that childern are best raised in a home with a married father and mother anything else and that kid will struggle with his or her self-identity.

I firmly believe in family stability. However gay marriage and adoption is a line I will not cross.

Anti-gay adoption: Because the plural of anecdote is data!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 11:29:39 PM »

The IFP is Libertarian/Center-Right.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 11:36:24 PM »

That is a failing of the people as a couple, forcing sexuality upon him, not of gay people in general. I will propose that the CPA support legislation illegalizing the forcing of sexuality upon children.

That's still further right than I'm necessarily comfortable with. Besides, the Social Democratic Union (Name Subject To Change) specifically sent for me to be its first Chairman and to the best of my knowledge there weren't even any other candidates. I can't just leave them at the altar!

I'd have to run this by my rank and file first, but I'd definitely be up for possible agreements or alliances on areas where our parties find agreement.

Anti-gay adoption: Because the plural of anecdote is data

Well, I wish you the best of success ,and I hope we can work together for families, communities, and Atlasia.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 11:42:57 PM »

Well, I wish you the best of success ,and I hope we can work together for families, communities, and Atlasia.

Likewise. After we finish our name and blazon voting, I'll be calling for a party convention (I've suggested either Boston or Chicago) and at that point I will definitely be bringing up our possible relations with other parties, including yours.

Also, I just noticed that I used the word 'agreement' twice in one sentence in different senses in my last post. Sorry about that, everyone!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2012, 12:06:24 AM »

And both were understood. Smiley
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »

I don't know who to join.

Sad
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2012, 12:06:52 AM »

SimFan: That is a good idea. I'd also encourage a strong stance against the sex slave trade and human trafficking.
Senator 20RP12: Would you agree with regards to human trafficking and the sex slave trade?

At the moment I would consider myself as a Crossbencher betwixt both the IFP and the Communtarian/Whig Parties as I personally have so many agreements with both party platforms. If I were to formally join one over the other I would create a caucus to help promote alliances when needed.
For instance if I go Communtarian/Whig it would be a Paulite based fiscal conservative group. If I go IFP I'd have a pro-life/Family Vaues caucus to help bridge the gaps. I'm already at present part of the Pro-Life Caucus at the moment.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 12:07:33 AM »

The IFP has brownies and cupcakes! Cheesy
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 12:08:01 AM »

Evidence? Oh... and the worst part is professed Judaism?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 12:08:59 AM »

Senator 20RP12: Would you agree with regards to human trafficking and the sex slave trade?

I absolutely oppose human trafficking and the sex slave trade and I believe that we must find a way to end it. Especially when it comes to underaged girls being kidnapped for the sex trade.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 12:09:32 AM »

The Earth Liberation Front
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2012, 12:09:58 AM »

Liberal Party!
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 12:10:44 AM »

Somehow I wouldn't trust your brownies...
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 12:11:35 AM »

Shhh...just enjoy the pretty colors and mellow out to Pink Floyd, man...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 12:13:55 AM »

Shhh...just enjoy the pretty colors and mellow out to Pink Floyd, man...

Man...
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2012, 12:14:04 AM »

Maybe you'd prefer the SDU (NSTC)'s whiskey and hard candy. The creature comforts of the Working Man.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies