Office of Senator Pingvin (Fed-TX)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:05:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Pingvin (Fed-TX)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Poll
Question: New poll (with 20RP12)
Boss Tweed

Polnut

ZuWo

Clarence

TJ in Cleve

Napoleon

Scott

Snowstalker

Benconstantine

NC Yankee

BigDaddy PA

Tmthforu94

20RP12

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Office of Senator Pingvin (Fed-TX)  (Read 42933 times)
Pingvin
Pingvin99
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2012, 02:25:52 AM »

Pingvin on Enviroment
1. Encourage states towards recycling and conservation.
2. Focus on environmental protection, not regulation.
3. Include oil and gas smokestacks in mercury regulations.
4. No new roads in the wilderness.
5. More land set aside for national forests and pay for it with visitor fees at other parks.
6. Tougher regulations on emissions and encourage hybrids.
7. Require states to meet standards on clean air and clean water.
8. Immediate 20% reduction in greenhouse gases.
9. Cap and trade must be mandatory.
10. Do not allow companies to buy out of cap and trade by implementing sentences not taxes.
11. End all whaling in Atlasian waters.
12. Federal money used to keep kennels and animal shelters open for cats and dogs is ok.
13. No human rights to animals because it is absurd and insane.

Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2012, 05:43:42 AM »
« Edited: March 30, 2012, 01:08:58 PM by IDS Legislator Pingvin »

198 steps that can make our country stronger, better, cleaner and safer Wink
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2012, 02:48:23 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2012, 12:59:07 AM by IDS Legislator Pingvin »

I wanted to come back home to Manchester today to make this speech, because it is here that I came to appreciate the miracle of Atlasia.

Today the Atlasian Dream is in danger, threatened by terrorists and tyrants from abroad and a weak economy that makes it harder to live a better life here at home.  For too many Atlasians the middle class is drifting out of reach.  

I am confident that we as nation have what it takes to meet these challenges and renew the Atlasian Dream.  We can make it as real for you students who are here today as it was for me and my generation.  But that will only happen if our leaders are ready to lead, willing to fight for what’s right for the Atlasians, and able to rise above partisan politics to put our country first.

We must rise above partisan politics and put our country first to fix our economy and restore economic growth, because a strong middle class means a strong Atlasia.

We must rise above partisan politics to unite to defeat the threat of terrorism and make Atlasia safe again.  

We must rise above partisan politics and restore independence to the Nyman, not compromise our economic, environmental, or health security for political contributors or extreme ideologies.

We must rise above partisan politics and stand up for our values here at home, because family, responsibility and faith matter more than power, partisanship, and privilege.

Today I am ready to rise above partisan politics to fight for the people.  I am ready to protect their security, revive their economy, and uphold their values. I am ready to win. And I intend to win.

In the coming days, I want to convince them that I have the strength, the vision, and the values to lead our nation to higher and safer ground.

In this campaign, I will talk about the tough fights ahead.  Strengthening homeland security.  Fixing our failing schools.  Restoring fiscal responsibility and expanding opportunity, with sensible tax cuts and sound investments that will bring back the prosperity.

I intend to talk straight to the Atlasian people. I will not hesitate to tell my friends when they are wrong -- and to agree with my opponents when they are right.

I know this will be a long journey across Atlasia for me, and we look forward to it.  Some mornings when I wake up, I may not know exactly where I am. But I promise you – I will always know exactly who I am and what I stand for.

Every day along the way I will feel blessed by God to live in a land where our dreams can become real.

My friends, we have great work to do to secure the hope of a better tomorrow for our beloved country.  Let us begin here.  Let us begin now.  And let us begin together.

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2012, 03:23:10 AM »

Pingvin on Immigration
1. 10-year moratorium on all legal immigration at a level between 150,000 and 250,000 per year
2. A 2,000-mile (3,200 km) double-line security fence between the Atlasia and Mexico
3. A federally legislated end to all social welfare benefits for illegal aliens, except for emergency medical services
4. A crackdown on major businesses that chronically hire illegal aliens and the elimination of deductibility for all wages paid to illegals
5. A policy allowing immigrants to bring in only wives and non-adult children
An end to dual citizenship in the Atlasia
6. A deportation program beginning with all aliens convicted of felonies and every gang member who is not a citizen of the Atlasia
7. Recognize English as only national language of Atlasia
8. Fund more toward teaching English to immigrants who are insufficient in English

Can you explain these points?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2012, 05:18:02 AM »

Pingvin on Immigration
1. 10-year moratorium on all legal immigration at a level between 150,000 and 250,000 per year
2. A 2,000-mile (3,200 km) double-line security fence between the Atlasia and Mexico
3. A federally legislated end to all social welfare benefits for illegal aliens, except for emergency medical services
4. A crackdown on major businesses that chronically hire illegal aliens and the elimination of deductibility for all wages paid to illegals
5. A policy allowing immigrants to bring in only wives and non-adult children
An end to dual citizenship in the Atlasia
6. A deportation program beginning with all aliens convicted of felonies and every gang member who is not a citizen of the Atlasia
7. Recognize English as only national language of Atlasia
8. Fund more toward teaching English to immigrants who are insufficient in English

Can you explain these points?
Immigration hurts economy, immigration hurts law and order, immigration hurts our culture heritage.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »

Pingvin on Indian Issues
1. Restore treaty-making (ended in 1871);
2. Establish a treaty commission to make new treaties (with sovereign Native Nations);
3. Provide opportunities for Indian leaders to address Senate directly;
4. Review treaty commitments and violations;
5. Have unratified treaties reviewed by the Senate;
6. Ensure that all Atlasian Indians are governed by treaty relations;
7. Provide relief to Native Nations as compensation for treaty rights violations;
8. Recognize the right of Indians to interpret treaties;
9. Create a Senate Committee to reconstruct relations with Indians;
10. Restore 110 million acres (450,000 km2) of land taken away from Native Nations
11. Restore terminated rights of Native Nations;
12. Repeal state jurisdiction on Native Nations
13. Provide Federal protection for offenses against Indians;
14. Abolish the Bureau of Indian Affairs;
15. Create a new office of Federal Indian Relations;
16. Remedy breakdown in the constitutionally prescribed relationships between the Atlasia and Native Nations;
17. Ensure immunity of Native Nations from state commerce regulation, taxes, and trade restrictions;
18. Protect Indian religious freedom and cultural integrity;
19. Establish national Indian voting with local options; free national Indian organizations from governmental controls;
20. Reclaim and affirm health, housing, employment, economic development, and education for all Indian people.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2012, 03:22:40 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2012, 03:37:13 PM by Alfred F. Jones »

We must rise above partisan politics if we are to heal the racial divide, not reopen old wounds, and give a new generation of immigrants their fair chance to live the Atlasian Dream.
Immigration hurts economy, immigration hurts law and order, immigration hurts our culture heritage.
These statements contradict each other, Legislator Pingvin! Please explain what you really believe on immigration.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2012, 03:31:48 PM »

Exactly how do you think Immigration hurts the economy?

There is actually a direct connection between immigration and economic growth and prosperity. Uncontrolled, illegal immigration is problematic because it floods the downscale wage markets driving already low wages down. The only way that applies to legal immigration is if the composition is too large ad proportionally composed of too many unskilled laborers.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2012, 03:33:43 PM »

Also, what is deductibility of wages paid to illegals?

Hiring illegals is against the law, so claiming a deductions for such would be tax fraud.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2012, 09:34:21 PM »

Are you claiming that we should end all immigration, allow it for only a short time longer or only advocate legal immigration? Also, as someone who is fluent in Russian and English, do you believe your multi-lingualism gives you a bit of an upper hand in the "English as the official language of Atlasia" debate, because you had to learn the language and did so?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2012, 12:45:06 AM »

We must rise above partisan politics if we are to heal the racial divide, not reopen old wounds, and give a new generation of immigrants their fair chance to live the Atlasian Dream.
These statements contradict each other, Legislator Pingvin! Please explain what you really believe on immigration.
When I was asying that immigration hurts, I mean ILLEGAL immigration.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2012, 12:50:05 AM »

Are you claiming that we should end all immigration, allow it for only a short time longer or only advocate legal immigration? Also, as someone who is fluent in Russian and English, do you believe your multi-lingualism gives you a bit of an upper hand in the "English as the official language of Atlasia" debate, because you had to learn the language and did so?
I learned the language, and encourage other immigrants to do so, 'cause it will raise their qualification and price on the labor market.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2012, 01:31:17 AM »

I seek this Senate seat as a Whig who has worked throughout his career, in business and in public office, on behalf of the principles of Lincoln, Roosevelt and Eisenhower.

At the outset of this campaign, let me say that I am not running for Senate as a regional or factional candidate, but as a national candidate. I ask all registered voters of Atlasia to join me in a common effort to bring Atlasia the principled, stable leadership we must have in the our times.

As a national candidate, I will welcome the support of all Atlasians - Whigs, Liberals, Moderates, Independents and others -- in my campaign, to give Atlasia the new leadership needed to keep our country free prosperous and second-to-none in the years ahead.

For that kind of leadership, as we have seen in recent years, good intentions are not enough.

Let there be no mistake regarding the source of our country's current problems, at home and overseas.

It is a failure tied to the philosophy of tax-and-spend that has long dominated the minds of Nyman elites.

New foundations cannot be built on these old pilings. The problems that face Atlasia today are traceable to the reckless national leadership of past years.

When I was elected to the IDS Legislature, I spoke out against that reckless leadership.

Our problems today, both at home and overseas, are rooted in that era of "guns-and-butter, tax-and-spend."

I submit that those who contributed to the short-sighted policies of that era cannot be depended on to provide workable solutions to our current national dilemma.

But in any event, those solutions will not be quick or easy.

More important, it is time for we, the Atlasian people, to stop fooling ourselves.

We have learned that good intentions are not enough in a Senator. We should know too, that rhetoric is not enough to provide the kind of leadership our country needs and deserves.

As a candidate for Senate, I am not promising

-A new deal

-A new frontier

-A great society, or

-A new foundation.

But I do pledge a new candor.

To be effective, leadership  must be based on a politics of substance, not symbols; of reason, not bombast; of frankness, not false promise.

In short, those who seek the highest office in the land must level with the Atlasian people.

That will be the underlying theme of my campaign and the spirit of a Pingvin's Senatorship.

As a candidate, and as Senator, I will speak not in terms of simple solutions but of hard choices.

The American people must be told the hard, unvarnished truth about the nature of our problems at home:

--That we cannot buy our way out of problems with expanded government programs.

On the contrary, where government expands, our problems multiply.

Our new leadership of candor must also tell the Atlasian people:

-- That the Protection of our freedoms cannot be purchased on the cheap.

--That there is no substitute for credible military strength in dealing with potential adversaries in a nuclear age.

Nor, in dealing with these problems, is there any substitute for the virtues of personal commitment and self-discipline.

At the government level, I will fight for a balanced budget and a stronger dollar.

Сonfidence, faith and pride in the Atlasian ideal -- must be restored.

I believe that my record in  public life - as a member of the legislative and  branch dealing with domestic policy – qualifies me to provide that leadership.

I can do the job - I will do the job - not with promises, not with rhetoric, but with the strength that comes to any Senators who levels with the Atlasian people and earns their trust.

In this spirit, too, I from this day will go forward to seek the At-large Senate seat and the support of Atlasians everywhere who believe that in the decade of the eighties, Atlasia must have a new leadership - a leadership confident of our strength, compassionate of heart, and clear in mind, as we turn to the great tasks before us.

Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2012, 01:41:29 PM »

I thank you for that tremendous welcome. It's great to be in Kansas.

The view many Atlasians see this morning is a sobering one. We are troubled about the direction our country is taking. Our values are under constant assault from our public and cultural institutions. We feel threatened by the random incidents of violent crime. Too many of our schools, which were once passports to opportunity, have become demoralizing places. Welfare has become a misery subsidy fostering illegitimacy and generations of dependency. And yet taxes keep increasing, and the government keeps demanding more and more authority over our lives.

None of this should come as a surprise. For much of this century power and wealth alike have flowed from grassroots Atlasians to a federal government which exploded to meet the twin crises of economic depression and global war. Yet, the lifejacket of one generation can become the straightjacket of the next. In giving  Nyman our problems close to their source, Americans have unwittingly encouraged the Federal government to become too large, too remote, too unresponsive, and too undemocratic to be representative.

However, another Atlasia is waiting - an Atlasia strong again in heart and sure of mind. I would like to lead us there.

Our problems are not too difficult to handle. It's just that our leaders have grown too isolated from places like Topeka - embarrassed by the values here. They seem to have lost the idea that we are - and must remain - one nation under God. We are bound by our heritage to a set of common values: hard work, integrity, responsibility - these values have always been the source of our strength and the glue that holds us together.

Our country must again have leaders who believe in our people and are proud of our values. We need leaders who will summon from each of us the best of our character, who will call us as a nation to our full potential. I want to be senator so I can do this for Atlasia.

My mandate as Senator would be to rein in the Federal government in order to set free the spirit of the Atlasia; to reconnect our government in Nyman with the common sense values of our citizens; and to reassert our interests wherever and whenever they are challenged around the world.

We need a Senator who will do more than say "no" to every spending cut, "no" to every attempt to return power and money to the states. We need a Senator who shares our values, embraces our agenda and who will lead the fight for the fundamental change. We need a Senator who will say "yes" to the people, and that is the kind of Senator I intend to be.

And while on the subject of creating a government that will say "yes" to the  people, let me make one fundamental belief crystal clear: we can cut taxes and balance the budget. Middle class families are forced to send too much of their hard-earned money to Nyman. We should provide a tax credit for children and remove the marriage penalty to strengthen our families. And we should cut the capital gains tax to stimulate economic growth, create new jobs, and expand opportunity for all our people.

That is just the first step, not the last.

Balancing the budget will also be a top priority; we cannot continue mortgaging our children's future. We will give people a Balanced Budget Amendment.

But that is only the beginning. Reining in the government means streamlining the entire Federal bureaucracy, getting its nose out of places the government just shouldn't be. We should work our way through the alphabet soup of government, asking this question: Is this program a basic function of limited government, or is it an example of how government has lost faith in the judgment of our people?

There are a host of other areas that cry out for reform. I will be talking about them at greater length in the days ahead. Welfare is one. The Federal system has failed. Why are liberals in Nyman so afraid to turn welfare decision-making over to our governors and regional legislatures? There is already considerable evidence that they can do much better.

Affirmative action is another Federal policy out of control. Discrimination is wrong, immoral. This is Atlasia. We should have a color blind society. But fighting discrimination should never be used to divide people by race, ethnic background, or gender.

There is one area where the Federal government must work in partnership with our state and local governments -- and that area is crime. Today, a criminal committing a serious crime has less than a ten percent chance of going to jail. And once in jail that criminal will serve only a fraction of his sentence.

We should put an end to parole for violent offenders. Put limits on the endless and often frivolous appeals clogging our courts. Remove teenagers who commit serious, violent crimes from juvenile courts and try them as adults. We should be more concerned with the rights of victims than the privileges of criminals. And we must rededicate ourselves to the war on drugs.

Finally, let me touch for a moment on our place in the world. There is one responsibility only the Federal government has, and that is to protect our freedom. We must never be reluctant about our greatness or ashamed of our national strength.

We must stop placing the agenda of the United Nations before the interests of the Atlasia. Let us remember that Atlasia has been the greatest force for good the world has ever known.

My friends, I have the experience. I've been tested, tested in many ways. I am not afraid to lead, and I know the way. Let us rein in our government to set the spirit of the Atlasian people free. Let us renew our moral convictions and strengthen our families by returning to fundamental values. Together, let us reassert our rightful place as a great nation.

We should do it for ourselves -- we owe it to our children. We must act to be worthy of the gift our ancestors sacrificed so much for: to ensure the next century will dawn on a new beginning of Atlasian greatness, prosperity, and freedom. Let us do it together. Let us begin.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2012, 12:40:31 AM »

My friends, we come to Missouri at a crossroads in our country's history.

The long Cold War between Communism and freedom ended.

But victory has not brought with it an end to history.

Beyond these shores, a new world is being born for which our government is unprepared, and we are unprepared. The dynamic force shaping that world is nationalism.

From Europe to Africa, old nations are breaking up, new nations are being born. And as we Atlasians have always stood for freedom and self-determination, we should not fear the future. We should be the first to welcome them into the family of nations. For they all look to Atlasia as the ideal of what they too might one day become.

In the Far East, however, nationalism has taken on a different and harder aspect. The rising economic power of Japan has filed a claim to displace the Atlasia as the dominant power of the 21st Century. In Europe, many of the ancient states are signing up to exchange their national birthright for a limited partnership in an economic co-op called the EC.

We Atlasians must not let that happen here.

We must not trade in our sovereignty for a cushioned seat at the head table of anyone's New World Order.

The first challenge we face, then, is economic, presented by the rise of a European super state and a dynamic Asia led by Japan. The 20th Century was the American Century, but they intend to make the 21st, the century of Europe or the Century of Asia.

So, as we Atlasians congratulate one another on the victory for freedom that we, first and foremost, won, and won together for all mankind in the Cold War, we must begin to prepare for the new struggles already underway.

All the institutions of the Cold War, from vast permanent U.S. armies on foreign soil, to old alliances against Communist enemies that no longer exist, to billions in foreign aid, must be re-examined.

Whenever there is a natural disaster, anywhere, from Armenia to Kurdistan to Bangladesh, we Atlasians will be there, first, with aid and relief. That is our tradition, a tradition that will never change. But it is time to end these routinized annual transfers of our national wealth to global bureaucrats, who ship it off to regimes that pay us back in compound ingratitude. It is time to phase out foreign aid, and start looking out for the needs of the forgotten people right here in the Atlasia.

So, today, we call for a new patriotism, where we begin to put the needs of Atlasians first, for a new nationalism where in every negotiation, be it arms control or trade, the our side seeks advantage and victory for the Atlasia.

The people of this country need to recapture our capital city from an occupying army of lobbyists, and registered agents of foreign powers hired to look out for everybody and everything except the national interest of the Atlasian people.

It is time also to take a hard look at the welfare state.

Over a quarter century we have poured hundreds of billions of dollars into public welfare programs. Whatever the motives of those who built this mammoth state enterprise, our financial loss has been exceeded only by the social catastrophe it created. High school test scores drop almost every year, as the levels of violent crime reach new heights. Narcotics have ravaged a generation. Our popular culture of books, movies and films is as polluted as Lake Eerie once was. The welfare state has bred a generation of children and youth with no fathers, no faith and no dreams - other than the lure of the streets.

To our economic crisis, however, we know the answer.

It is to end the steadily rising drain of wealth and resources to Nyman; to ease up on - not add to, Establishment - the tax burden on American business; to unleash, not tie down, the genius and energy of Atlasian enterprise. As for the predatory traders of Europe or Asia, who have targeted this or that our industry for dumping and destruction, if I am elected, they will find themselves on a collision course with the Senate of Atlasia.

When we say we will put Atlasia first, we mean also that our Judeo-Christian values are going to be preserved, and our Western heritage is going to be handed down to future generations, not dumped onto some land fill called multi-culturalism.

At the root of America's social crisis - be it AIDS, ethnic hatred, crime or the social decomposition of our cities - lies a spiritual crisis. Solzhenitsyn was right. Men have forgotten God. Not in the redistribution of wealth, but in the words of the Old and New Testament will be found not only salvation, but the cure for a society suffering a chronic moral sickness.

But as we search for the answers we all used to know, we need to take back our streets from the criminals. We need to persuade pastors and preachers to return to their pulpits to reinstruct us in the Commandments and the truths of our traditional faiths, and to leave government to the politicians. We must do what we can to reconstruct the old conscience-forming and character-forming institutions of society - family and church, home and school.

We need God's help, and we need your help.

Why am I running? Because we can no longer say it is all the liberals' fault.

What is the White House answer to the recession caused by its own breach of faith? It is to deny we even have a recession.

Well, let them come to Missouri.

My friends, we are the sons and daughters of the men and women who brought America through the Depression and crushed fascism on two sides of the world. We ourselves are the men and women who won the Cold War with Communism. We can win the future and we can hand down to those who come after us a country as great and grand and good as the one that was given to us. But first we must take our country back.

So we are taking this campaign not just to Whigs, and not just to conservatives. Every Atlasian is invited to join, the middle-class of both parties, and of no party. For the establishment that has dominated Senate for decades is as ossified and out-of-touch with people as the establishment that resides in the White House.

This race will not be about personality; and this campaign will not get into personalities.

My opponents, Alfred F. Jones and Snowstalker are men of graciousness, honor, and integrity. But the differences between us now are too deep.

They are yesterday and we are tomorrow. They are  globalists and we are nationalists. They believe in some Pax Universalis; we believe in the Old Republic. They would put Atlasian's wealth and power at the service of some vague New World Order; we will put Atlasia first.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2012, 08:31:17 AM »

Thanks for joining me.

My concerns for the future of our country are deeply held. The establishment has floundered in its effort to shrink the size of government and restore our constitutional republic.

We no longer can afford the extravagance of this ever growing and intrusive government, both at home and abroad.

We have lost our way and strayed from the free society our Founders secured for us in the Constitution, but there's no reason the principles that made us the greatest nation ever can't be restored.

We merely need to respect and follow the rule of law – the Constitution – and elect leaders determined to stand firm in its defense.

Liberty once again must become more important to us than the desire for security and material comfort.

Personal safety and economic prosperity can only come as the consequence of liberty. They cannot be provided by an authoritarian government.

To expect government to take care of us from cradle to grave undermines the principles of liberty.

Returning to the dark ages of dictatorship is no substitute for resuming the most modern and grandest experiment known to man – promoting human liberty by strictly limiting the arbitrary power of government.

Political and economic conditions today are at a crucial crossroads.

Today's problems need not lead to despair. Instead we must become energized, and use this time of turmoil to offer the Atlasian people the solution found in freedom in all that we do. We must reject the bureaucratic management of our lives and the economy.

We stand on the threshold of a true revolution of ideas. As the welfare/warfare state loses its steam, we now see how the seeds of the freedom movement over the past 40 years are starting to bear fruit.

A nation under great stress is ripe for a change.

A major change in direction is not a theoretical dream, but actually quite possible.

Central planning is intellectually bankrupt – and it has bankrupted our country and undermined our moral principles.

Respect for individual liberty and dignity is the only answer to government force, force that serves the politically and economically powerful.

Our planners and rulers are not geniuses, but rather demagogues and would-be dictators--always performing their tasks with a cover of humanitarian rhetoric.

The collapse of the Soviet system came swiftly and dramatically, without a bloody conflict – surprising many. It came as no surprise, however, to the devotees of freedom who have understood for decades that socialism was doomed to fail. Communism, like all socialism, failed intellectually and failed practically.

And so too will the welfare/warfare state fail, and then our cause will be heard. The love of liberty will not die.

Opportunity is now at our doorstep.

We need now only to mobilize the army of true believers to present the case for the principles that built Atlasia, and can make her great once again.

Today, because of our careless attitude toward freedom and the responsibilities it requires, we face a crisis that everyone recognizes but few understand.

A free society is based on the key principle that the government, the president, the Senate, the courts, and the bureaucrats are incapable of knowing what is best for each and every one of us.

They don't know how to run the economy, regulate our lives, or manage a world empire.

A government as a referee is proper, but a government that uses arbitrary force to direct every aspect of society threatens freedom.

Such governments have failed thousands of times over the centuries.

The time has come for a modern approach to achieving those values that all civilized societies seek.

Only in a free society do individuals have the best chance to seek virtue, strive for excellence, improve their economic well-being, and achieve personal happiness. It is only through this personal effort that peace and freedom can be secured.

The worthy goals of civilization can only be achieved by freedom loving individuals.

When government uses force, liberty is sacrificed and the goals are lost.

It is freedom that is the source of all creative energy.

Our goal always should be the preservation of liberty. It is much more important to protect individual liberty and privacy than to make government even more secretive and powerful.

These goals are worth fighting for.

There is hope for Atlasia.

Please support me in these efforts.

Thanks for listening.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2012, 04:52:45 PM »

Mr. Pingvin, what's your opinion on the Tweed reforms?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2012, 02:15:23 AM »

Mr. Pingvin, what's your opinion on the Tweed reforms?
Altough I support any reforms that will revive Atlasia, I hate his socialist rethorics.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2012, 02:42:24 PM »

I'm running for senate because I believe we can return Atlasia to hope and opportunity, to full employment, to real security, to an Atlasian energy program, to a balanced budget.

I want your help because no one person from the Nyman can get this done. We Atlasians are going to have to talk together, work together, find solutions together, and insist on imposing those solutions on those who don’t want to change.

There are some people who don’t mind if Atlasia becomes a wreck so long as they dominate the wreckage. But you and I know better.

We owe it to our children, our grandchildren, our country and frankly to ourselves. So let’s get together, look reality in the face, tell the truth, make the tough choices and get the job done.

There’s a much better Atlasian future ahead: with more jobs, more prosperity, a better health system, longer lives, greater independent living with power once again back with the people and way from the bureaucracies.

No one person can accomplish this. It can’t be done from the "High Office". We have to work together. We  have to get it done.

I hope you will decide to join me. Let’s work side by side. Let’s get this done for ourselves, our children and grandchildren, and for our country.

I hope you will see what we are trying to get done, and to join us in getting Atlasia back on the right track.

Thank you very much!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2012, 09:49:32 AM »

Endorsed.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2012, 01:04:55 AM »

I guess you guys know how to spend time on victory parties.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2012, 08:18:31 AM »

Congrats on your victory! It's positive to have another active conservative in the Senate. The Whig Party now has three Senators! Unfortunately, it will be very hard to defend all three at-large seats in the upcoming April election ...
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2012, 09:52:32 PM »

I'd say the Whigs have done a preaty good job in securing a portion of the Senate.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2012, 02:29:15 AM »

EDIT: Also, the supposedly mainstream conservative party is set to elect an actual fascist as their Chair? That's, uh, interesting. Anyway.

OFFICIAL RESPONSE
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2012, 12:18:36 AM »

Wow? Isn't this something? Beyond my wildest dreams and expectations.

I want to first of all thank all of my friends.

You gave me the greatest honor, which was to send me to the Nation's Capitol.

You see, I always carry our values with me wherever I go. I try to carry hopes, and dreams, and the values that flow from the most important institution right here, and that is our families.

I went into government to change the world.

The mission is to continue to pursue the economic destiny of the Atlasia and to pursue the economic destiny of every single Atlasian citizen while at the same time rejuvenating the Atlasian spirit.

We're hungry for the renewal of our American spirit, about giving us confidence again. In order to do that I believe we've got to begin to run America from the bottom up, from our families, from our communities, to the top.

You know, power in Atlasia flows from the people to the leaders. It's time to take the power back from the elite and put it back into the hands of the people, into our hands, into every family and every community and every individual.

You know, it's power from the people and power to the people. And let's start with one of the most precious opportunities that we have in Atlasia: The opportunity for every boy and girl to be able to get an education so they can pursue their dreams. Because you know, if you're black or red or yellow or white, yes, sometimes if you're black in Atlasia, they'll try to hold you back. But you know what? With skills and persistence, you can overcome.

So we have to march every day to make sure that our children have the best education. And, folks, I have to tell you, the best education doesn't come from a bunch of elite who try to tell us how to educate our children. It comes from mothers and fathers who love their children, who want to place their children in the best educational setting, a place where they will be safe and they will learn.

And finally, each and every day in every big and little way we as everyday Atlasians are going to fight to remember that at the end of our lives, we'll answer to a higher power. And if we will all march together, keeping that in mind, we will expand our hearts, we will expand our consciences, and we'll have the firmness to make for a better country, to make for a better society, to make for a better culture, and to make for the precious Atlasian family.

Join me, won't you, ladies and gentlemen, in this fight. We will not be denied. God bless you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies