Remember When JFK Kissed the Pope's Ring, and Made the Pope the King of America? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:53:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Remember When JFK Kissed the Pope's Ring, and Made the Pope the King of America? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Remember When JFK Kissed the Pope's Ring, and Made the Pope the King of America?  (Read 7927 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: January 30, 2012, 04:47:47 PM »

Yeah, I thought so...

Like JFK, Romney will be a President of all Americans, and he will obviously not allow his religion to get in the way of his professional duties.

I think this anti-Mormonism is quite ugly and really ought to stop.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 05:23:29 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2012, 05:37:11 PM by Politico »

Not directed towards any member on here in particular:

Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints believe in Jesus Christ and all that entails, and that's enough for most Christians as evidenced by Romney's strong GOP victories in New Hampshire, Florida, and everywhere else Romney is going to win. Being Mormon is certainly more mainstream than living an alternative lifestyle, so I would keep that in mind the next time you want to go on a bigoted anti-Mormon diatribe.

There is no place for bigotry in this campaign race.

Full disclosure: I am non-religious, and could really care less about aspects of Mormonism because I know Romney is going to be a competent president who gets the job done well while representing all Americans. This is about electing the next POTUS, not the Pope. Romney is a faithful, loving family man who donates to numerous charities and does a lot of volunteer work. He seems like a good guy who should not be discriminated against based upon his religious beliefs.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 06:12:05 PM »

The megathread is far more anti-Gingrich than pro-Romney. Besides, I have suggested it be locked after Romney locks up Florida. No point in continuing a thread about Gingrich after he is irrelevant.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »

Hahahaha! The bigot card! How childish. A candidate's religion is fair game. If a candidate's religion led them to believe that certain minorities in our country were lesser humans or denied the holocaust (not saying Romney believes in either), it is the public's right to know because their religion will affect and shape their decisions in office, whether it be foreign or domestic policy. It is fair game to inquire if Romney legitimately believes in the historical inaccuracies that are a foundation for many believers of his faith. If he does, I would question his competency in choosing absurdity over reason.

I am not "anti-Mormon." I am against absurdity. I have many friends who are Mormon but reject a lot of the bs that is in its history and texts.

Let's get real. Romney did not get where he is by being an unintelligent individual. If you want to go this bigoted and ugly route, with a dose of John Edwards' "Two Americas" class warfare, you are more than welcome. But I can assure you that it is not going to bode well for Obama and Co., especially less than four years after "hope and change."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies