Remember When JFK Kissed the Pope's Ring, and Made the Pope the King of America? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:13:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Remember When JFK Kissed the Pope's Ring, and Made the Pope the King of America? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Remember When JFK Kissed the Pope's Ring, and Made the Pope the King of America?  (Read 7921 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: January 30, 2012, 04:59:11 PM »

I know the clumsy point you're trying to make... Catholicism does not equal Mormonism (microscopic representation, and the weight of stereotyping - polygamy/magic underwear). I personally think there are many reasons to have issues with a Romney presidency, but his Mormonism isn't one of them.

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 05:30:38 PM »

Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints believe in Jesus Christ and all that entails, and that's enough for most Christians as evidenced by Romney's GOP victories in New Hampshire and Florida. Being Mormon is certainly more mainstream than most alternative lifestyles, so I would keep that in mind the next time you want to go on an anti-Mormon diatribe.

Florida will be the key... if Romney does well enough in the Pan-Handle among Evangelicals, then that will show they're less-concerned with what he believes, rather, in electability.

But if you're going to react with righteous indignation when someone brings it up... you're being extremely blinkered.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies