Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:26:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting  (Read 85222 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: April 28, 2012, 11:41:16 PM »

I'm flattered but I intend to stay on the Tweed ticket. I suppose I might consider joining your party if it would help obtain an endorsement. Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #426 on: April 30, 2012, 09:53:40 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2012, 03:33:00 AM by Governor Napoleon »

I strongly encourage our parties to work together in this election or risk letting a vote split help a less active and/or more right wing ticket slip in. I think there is too much at stake in this election for that risk to be worthwhile.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #427 on: May 05, 2012, 03:57:50 AM »

Bumping this thread.

I'll be done with finals soon.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #428 on: May 05, 2012, 04:43:50 AM »

The obvious needs to be said: we are all behind snowy right?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #429 on: May 05, 2012, 06:01:56 AM »

How 'bout WinDis? I think he's in y'all's party.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #430 on: May 05, 2012, 10:29:54 AM »

I hereby ask my party for its support.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #431 on: May 05, 2012, 10:54:17 AM »

I will also seek this party's support.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #432 on: May 05, 2012, 10:59:17 AM »

I'd also like to put my name forward for the Labor Party's support.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #433 on: May 05, 2012, 11:53:19 AM »

I too will seek the Labor Party's endorsement.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #434 on: May 05, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »

I think most of the Labor Party members know my longtime left-wing record in Atlasia, as well as Napoleon's leadership qualities. We're counting on you, guys Smiley
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #435 on: May 05, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »

I think most Labor members like Napoleon but would prefer an alternative to neoliberalism.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #436 on: May 05, 2012, 12:24:04 PM »

I think most Labor members like Napoleon but would prefer an alternative to neoliberalism.

Atlasia is not America and equating the two political situations would be a poor idea.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #437 on: May 05, 2012, 12:27:15 PM »

It's probably not in my best interests to defend my opponent (and a rival for the party's endorsement), but I'd agree that characterising Napoleon as simply "neoliberal" is overly simplistic and is just an appeal to dogma.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #438 on: May 05, 2012, 12:28:01 PM »

Of course it is. But this is politics.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #439 on: May 05, 2012, 12:28:46 PM »

Meanwhile, I'm not going to throw barbs, but I believe the Labor Party should endorse the candidate that can unite Atlasia. Not saying that's me but...Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #440 on: May 05, 2012, 12:32:56 PM »

But it shouldn't be. This infighting some on the Left seem to be clamoring for will destroy us (just like last time Oakvale ran Wink ). Have you ever seen me approach Labor candidates like that? The most criticism I ever had for a Labor candidate was when the party ran an inactive and out of touch candidate for this nation's highest office. And, that member disappeared just as I expected. I would hate to go through these same motions once more, but apparently some of us have forgotten the midterms of two weeks ago and are set on tearing the Left apart when the Right has put together a stronger ticket than meets the eye.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #441 on: May 05, 2012, 12:47:56 PM »

It's still early days in the campaign yet, so our platform hasn't been fully rolled out, but I'll make my pitch. I'm not a member of the Labor Party, and I'm proud to be the independent candidate in the race, but I think there's a lot of common ground.

The Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket supports clean, renewable energy to bring Atlasia into a future free of fossil fuels.

We support replacing upfront college tuition  fees with a progressive graduate tax over a period of decades so that every child can have the opportunity to go to college.

We support Atlasia's universal healthcare system, and believe "reform" should be just that - not code for privatisation by stealth.

We support a pragmatic, multilateral foreign policy, favouring diplomacy and leaving UN-sanctioned military inervention as a last resort.

We believe in reforming and reshaping Atlasia's infrastructure, both as a form of vital economic stimulus in this turbulent period and as a crucial investment in the nation's future - as President, I will pass an infrastructure stimulus package allocating money to the regions to improve our roads, bridges, electricity grid, rural broadband, etc, etc.

While I've got a long record  of working with those from across the political spectrum, that does not mean I will compromise on my fundamental principles - as President, I will veto any attempt by the conservative Senate to infringe on a woman's right to choose or to gut our social safety net. It's important for a President to work with the Senate, but retain their principles.

If members of the party have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them. Smiley

PS: I agree with Napoleon that infighting on the Left would be a very move electorally - if there'd been a decent transfer pact last year Ben or I would have won on the strength of left-wing votes - this time around I think all left-of-center candidates can agree that we should all give high preferences to each other. Smiley
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #442 on: May 05, 2012, 12:59:54 PM »

As a member of the party, I think this 20RP12 fellow seems like an appropriate endorsement. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #443 on: May 05, 2012, 01:22:08 PM »

Comrades, I address this party today in hopes of earning your valuable endorsement for this critical presidential election, an election which leaves us at a fork in the road with more at stake from our choice than ever before.

In the April Senate elections we witnessed the rise of the far right beyond the expectations of even the wildest imaginations. The Right has nominated someone honest about his intentions and committed to moving his agenda forward. In other words, Clarence is not a quitter and if we hope to win, the Left must unite behind a ticket that can match his passion and fervor, or even surpass it. I stand before you today because I believe I am the only candidate in this race who can fight this fight, will fight this fight, and will win this fight.

My friend 20RP12, whom with I worked across party lines to accomplish reform in the Northeast region while we were both political amateurs, offered some words about my candidacy that I really appreciated and would like to reemphasize here because it really grasps at the heart of this race.

Napoleon is a left-winger who garners bi-partisan support for being active and fulfilling his promises.
A President must be a leader- someone we can trust to be upfront with us,  stick to his word, and never give up. I have seen this best this game has to offer and the worst this game has to offer but I can proudly say I never quit on her and will never quit on her as President. Snowstalker's ticket is entirely Labor and Oakvale's entire ticket is former Liberal leadership (in retirement?). My ticket bridges the gap and unites the Left by brining together founders of the Liberal and Labor parties on one ticket. We have a real record of getting things done. My proposal to increase the minimum wage is about to pass despite a conservative-leaning Assembly. In the Senate, I didn't accept the premise that it was to be a slow-paced institution: instead I brought my own passion and energy forth and worked to pass numerous bills, which I will demonstrate through the campaign.

I hope this party will join me in this fight to win. This may be our last chance.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #444 on: May 05, 2012, 03:02:17 PM »

My friends, this Presidential race is shaping up  to be one of the most competitive elections in our nations history.  Out of six declared tickets, two contain party members, and a third contains a former party member and founder.  No less than five tickets contain former JCP members, and as of this posting, four have announced that they seek our party's endorsement.

I would urge the party not to rush the endorsement process.  We are now the largest party in Atlasia, and as such, our endorsement is a valuable commodity which candidates should fight to earn.  Let us not cast our endorsement votes strictly on the basis of intangibles such as party membership and personal loyalty to friends.  At this critical moment in Atlasia, let us take the time to determine who is best equipped to face the challenges we are currently encountering.

I suggest two things: 1) that our endorsement vote be held no sooner than Memorial Day weekend, and 2) that our official party endorsement contain an endorsement for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th preferences.

Thank you,
Former President Fritz
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #445 on: May 05, 2012, 03:25:26 PM »

This might be an interesting opportunity to test the new primary legislation.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #446 on: May 05, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »

I think I speak for Tweed when I say our ticket would be honored to receive a high preference endorsement from this party.

Also, if you guys are talking about winnability or whatever, don't forget who got Napoleon, Oakvale, etc. elected to the Senate... Wink
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #447 on: May 05, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »

Awww Napoleon Tongue Cheap shot Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon