Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:56:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 38
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting  (Read 85500 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: May 11, 2012, 12:09:20 AM »

I admire Nathan's ability to enter the thread and settle things with only one post while a good multi-member debate was going. It seems that every one collectively decide to step back and say "okay, that's that" as he demonstrated authority with a much lighter approach than the rest of us were taking. Very impressive.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #501 on: May 11, 2012, 12:38:47 AM »

...May I appoint you as Proctor to put together and declare an endorsement vote to be held over the next...shall we say, three calendar days (ending, perhaps, 12 am or 1 am on Monday)?....
Endorsement vote:
Napoleon
[]Yes []No
Young Tweed
[]Yes []No
Oakvale
[]Yes []No
Labor Endorsement order Preference(Only candidates that receive over 50% of the vote):
[]Napoleon
[]Young Tweed
[]Oakvale
Voting ends 6AM EST on Monday.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #502 on: May 11, 2012, 01:07:32 AM »

This is exceedingly minor, but shouldn't candidates be in alphabetical order?

Wink
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #503 on: May 11, 2012, 01:09:35 AM »

This is exceedingly minor, but shouldn't candidates be in alphabetical order?

Wink
This isn't an official election Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #504 on: May 11, 2012, 03:20:58 AM »

What about 20RP12?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #505 on: May 11, 2012, 03:22:23 AM »

I didn't expect a lot of people voting to endorse him, but you can write him in.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #506 on: May 11, 2012, 03:51:56 AM »

Just one word about the last Senat at-large elections because I see that this topic has been brought up again and again: One very important reason why Labor only managed to get one single seat was the fact that many of your Liberal "friends" chose to give their first preference to Andrew instead of your candidates. Had more members of the Liberal Party actually cared about that left-wing solidarity that they now demand from you, you would have at least 2 at-large Senators now.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #507 on: May 11, 2012, 05:23:47 AM »

Endorsement vote:
Napoleon
[X]Yes []No
Young Tweed
[]Yes []No [X]Abstain
Oakvale
[X]Yes []No
Labor Endorsement order Preference(Only candidates that receive over 50% of the vote):
[1]Napoleon
[3]Young Tweed
[2]Oakvale

Sorry, Oakie!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #508 on: May 11, 2012, 05:46:59 AM »

I didn't expect a lot of people voting to endorse him, but you can write him in.

He's the only Labor ticket running in a Labor election; I'd expect him to be on the ballot. (Napoleon is Liberal/IB, Oakvale is two independents, Tweed is CPoA/ELF, Clarence is Whig/IB, RP is Independent/Labor).
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #509 on: May 11, 2012, 07:51:08 AM »

Endorsement vote:
Napoleon
[X]Yes []No
Young Tweed
[]Yes []No [X]Abstain
Oakvale
[X]Yes []No
[1]Napoleon
[3]Young Tweed
[2]Oakvale

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #510 on: May 11, 2012, 09:57:15 AM »

Endorsement vote:
Napoleon
[X]Yes []No
Young Tweed
[X]Yes []No
Oakvale
[X]Yes []No
[1]Napoleon
[3]Young Tweed
[2]Oakvale
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #511 on: May 11, 2012, 02:47:30 PM »

1. This party never even tentatively endorsed Tweed. I tentatively endorsed Tweed because I was given to understand that he had a better idea of what he was doing than he did. There was, rightly, a rebellion within the party and I, I think rightly, backed down when I realized that I was wrong and most of the party was right.

this I do not like.  if I ran a contained and boring campaign like my opponents it would be easy to wear a veil of teflon, never make an error.  I will make errors!  but I will act, I am nebulous, not a formed commodity packaged for the June election.  try, fail, try again, it works, try again.  Permanent Revolution to Trotsky, 'Begin at the Beginning' from Lenin.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #512 on: May 11, 2012, 02:52:16 PM »

Napoleon

[X]Yes []No

Young Tweed
[]Yes [X]No

Oakvale
[X]Yes []No

[1]Napoleon
[3]20RP12
[2]Oakvale
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #513 on: May 11, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »

My vote is to endorse the following, in this order:

1. Napolean
2. 20RP12
3. Tweed
4. Oakvale
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #514 on: May 11, 2012, 07:50:56 PM »

Just one word about the last Senat at-large elections because I see that this topic has been brought up again and again: One very important reason why Labor only managed to get one single seat was the fact that many of your Liberal "friends" chose to give their first preference to Andrew instead of your candidates. Had more members of the Liberal Party actually cared about hat left-wing solidarity that they now demand from you, you would have at least 2 at-large Senators now.

I'm impressed, trying a bit of boat rocking eh?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #515 on: May 11, 2012, 09:20:23 PM »

Napoleon
[X]Yes []No

Young Tweed
[X]Yes []No

Oakvale
[X]Yes []No

[1]Napoleon
[2]Young Tweed
[3]Oakvale
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #516 on: May 11, 2012, 09:32:57 PM »

Just one word about the last Senat at-large elections because I see that this topic has been brought up again and again: One very important reason why Labor only managed to get one single seat was the fact that many of your Liberal "friends" chose to give their first preference to Andrew instead of your candidates. Had more members of the Liberal Party actually cared about that left-wing solidarity that they now demand from you, you would have at least 2 at-large Senators now.

Honestly I completely agree with this, despite the fact that I'll be first preferencing Napoleon and have the most confidence in him of all the candidates, it always has bothered me that when it comes to "Left wing solidarity" all it really means is "support the centrist left." That being said, however? I don't see what this has to do with anything.

Also I'd just like to note I'm really happy that Nathan has backed off of his past support for Tweed, as I very nearly left the party when he did. Tongue

Napoleon
[X]Yes []No

Young Tweed
[]Yes [X]No

Oakvale
[X]Yes []No

[1]Napoleon
[2]Oakvale
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #517 on: May 11, 2012, 09:36:51 PM »

Endorsement vote:
Napoleon
[X]Yes []No
Young Tweed
[X]Yes []No
Oakvale
[]Yes [X]No
[1]Napoleon
[2]Young Tweed
[N/A]Oakvale

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #518 on: May 11, 2012, 09:47:29 PM »

Why not Oakvale?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #519 on: May 11, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2012, 09:58:44 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Honestly I completely agree with this, despite the fact that I'll be first preferencing Napoleon and have the most confidence in him of all the candidates, it always has bothered me that when it comes to "Left wing solidarity" all it really means is "support the centrist left." That being said, however? I don't see what this has to do with anything.
I'd like to respond, whether or not you are talking about the Liberal Party specifically or past left-wing parties, but I think Andrew won votes from Liberals and center-left independents for a number of complex reasons, including the complacency set it from expecting Labor would win at least two seats in both left-wing parties, and the following understanding that having a pragmatic centrist would have been superior to a Whig, and that it is worth giving him a leg up over the far-right. Snowstalker was also supported strongly by Liberals.

A big reason, for my vote, and others, too, I'm sure, is President Polnut's endorsement. While I did vote for Snowstalker over Andrew in another race, and supported the two equally with my PAC, I had a natural inclination to support the President; I also hope that supporters will respect my endorsements if I am elected. The Liberals are also concentrated in the Northeast where Andrew served as our Governor recently and has many personal connections. It is also likely a factor at play with Snowstalker, where we've supported him. I also had assumed this was Snowstalker's (and your?) reason for voting for Cincinnatus over Nathan back in the day (I voted for Nathan first each time he ran for Senate).

These expectations of victory were not unreasonable. We didn't think Labor's turn out would collapse despite running three candidates and their candidates' lack of a GOTV effort translated to less active Liberals too. The call for "Left wing solidarity" as you term it, is a reaction to this disappointment, and this disappointment is not because of Andrew's victory, either. In fact, despite all the problems at hand, Snowstalker lost by a single vote, give or take. I even spent two hours digging through the votes and electoral law holding out hope for seeing he made it through. In no part is it a hypocritical call for support where it is not reciprocated. I've personally assisted Labor candidates and Labor officers in the Northeast Region. Though some may perceive me as leaning toward the center, my record on worker's rights speaks for itself and I think that with how much is at stake in this election, you can trust Kalwejt and I with the support of this party. I feel there was a lesson to be learned from April.

Consider this a response to both Marokai and ZuWo's instigating statements. I also thank you for your support at this point, I appreciate it and look forward to keeping the fight going during this campaign and if I am fortunate to have the opportunity, four months after this campaign.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #520 on: May 11, 2012, 10:01:30 PM »

Napoleon
[X]Yes []No
Young Tweed
[X]Yes []No
Oakvale
[]Yes []No [X]Abstain

[X] Abstain
I am torn between two of the candidates, and therefore cannot make any official preferences of endorsements at this time.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #521 on: May 12, 2012, 12:10:50 AM »

He defines neoliberalism.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: May 12, 2012, 03:06:12 AM »

....lol
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #523 on: May 12, 2012, 04:12:19 AM »

Just one word about the last Senat at-large elections because I see that this topic has been brought up again and again: One very important reason why Labor only managed to get one single seat was the fact that many of your Liberal "friends" chose to give their first preference to Andrew instead of your candidates. Had more members of the Liberal Party actually cared about hat left-wing solidarity that they now demand from you, you would have at least 2 at-large Senators now.

You call it "boat rocking", I call it "stating the obvious" because what I said can easily be verified in the voting booth thread. I sympathize with the Labor Party to a certain extent because it is the counterpart of the Whig Party; while the Whig Party occupies the right pole of the political spectrum, the Labor Party is on the left, and the other parties are all more or less clearly identifiable in between. Indeed, for relatively extreme parties like the Labor or the Whig Party it can be frustrating to be expected to support self-declared moderate center-left or center-right candidates when, at the same time, these moderates are not ready to support you when it matters for you.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #524 on: May 12, 2012, 04:47:16 AM »

You call it "boat rocking", I call it "stating the obvious" because what I said can easily be verified in the voting booth thread. I sympathize with the Labor Party to a certain extent because it is the counterpart of the Whig Party; while the Whig Party occupies the right pole of the political spectrum, the Labor Party is on the left, and the other parties are all more or less clearly identifiable in between. Indeed, for relatively extreme parties like the Labor or the Whig Party it can be frustrating to be expected to support self-declared moderate center-left or center-right candidates when, at the same time, these moderates are not ready to support you when it matters for you.

I think Atlasia is slightly less prone to complete party loyalty.

The fact is, the last election showed that the progressive/left/centre, generally realised that we should work together.

I personally think the Labor Party should make it's own determination, based on its own needs. But, like the last election, realise the reality of the situation, and how easily the situation could backfire.

I'm in no position, and nor would I, if I were in a position, to tell the Labor Party what to do. I've done what I can as President to make sure those who preferenced me highly in the last election did not regret it... too much.

So, it's a big call for the Labor Party - as it will be for me personally when I make my call later in the month.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies