Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:10:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 38
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting  (Read 85187 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: May 27, 2012, 11:28:48 AM »

Did Snowy ever technically return to being Vice-Chair (or leave, for that matter)?

I don't think anybody's sure, although we do not have any Vice-Chair who isn't Snowy...
We have got to be the most internally dysfunctional party right now. We didn't even manage to run anyone for the Pacific governorship.

Nor the Whigs. Tongue
Was NVT's run orchestrated by you guys or did he just decide to do it? If the latter, then no one did.

I only PMed one person to ask them to run for it (Oakvale)- and he's not even a registered Liberal anymore.  I'm not sure if someone else asked him to, though.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #551 on: May 27, 2012, 11:31:15 AM »

Did Snowy ever technically return to being Vice-Chair (or leave, for that matter)?

I don't think anybody's sure, although we do not have any Vice-Chair who isn't Snowy...
We have got to be the most internally dysfunctional party right now. We didn't even manage to run anyone for the Pacific governorship.

Nor the Whigs. Tongue
Was NVT's run orchestrated by you guys or did he just decide to do it? If the latter, then no one did.

I only PMed one person to ask them to run for it (Oakvale)- and he's not even a registered Liberal anymore.  I'm not sure if someone else asked him to, though.
Then may I have the honor of anointing the recent Pacific Gubernatorial Special Election the Alfred F. Jones Award for Lame Electioning?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #552 on: May 27, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »

Nor the Whigs. Tongue

Then may I have the honor of anointing the recent Pacific Gubernatorial Special Election the Alfred F. Jones Award for Lame Electioning?

Yeah. Tongue  And now that I think of it, neither party recruited a candidate for Lieutenant Governor, either.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #553 on: May 27, 2012, 11:34:28 AM »

Um, if there's uncertainty, I'd like a vote on Vice Chair (which I will be running for) Smiley.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #554 on: May 27, 2012, 11:49:16 AM »

Can I also nominate Seatown for Whip? Does such a position exist?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #555 on: June 01, 2012, 02:37:24 PM »

Hopefully this party will survive. I also hope we nominate a candidate next time, but oh well.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #556 on: June 03, 2012, 06:14:19 PM »

I'm starting to wonder if we're the only people here...

I'm just screwing Nate and Seaboy over here and opening a vote for Vice-Chair:

[ ] Snowstalker
[ ] Write-in

[X] Snowstalker
[ ] Write-in
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #557 on: June 03, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »

[X] Snowstalker
[ ] Write-in
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #558 on: June 03, 2012, 07:47:52 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2012, 07:50:26 PM by Nathan »

We actual already went through this exercise...I think? Or at least, I'm looking back through the thread and we decided that Snowstalker didn't really vacate the position, or something; something that would have been a lot clearer if he'd given some indication of acknowledging that we were doing it.

Either way, I don't think officially reelecting him Vice-Chair, assuming that it needs to be done or isn't to be counted as having been done already, is going to make him more active.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #559 on: June 03, 2012, 07:57:22 PM »

I am not inactive on Atlasia, nor do I feel I vacated the position. Nevertheless, I shall vote:

[X] Snowstalker
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #560 on: June 03, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2012, 08:06:36 PM by Adam Griffin »

I hope I'm not intruding upon a vote here...

==================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

IDS Legislature candidate Adam Griffin speaks to supporters at first press conference

June 3, 2012 - Glenn Hotel, Atlanta, GA

Less than 48 hours ago, I officially announced my candidacy for the IDS Legislature in the upcoming June Class B Elections. It is with this decision that the Labor Party of Atlasia can mark an historic occasion: the first Labor Party candidacy in the South in the history of the Party. While this may prove to be an exhilarating opportunity, I could not be humbler as I seek the support of Southerners from all walks of life across the IDS as we move forward in the pursuit of an ever-better future.

Being the lone member of the Labor Party currently residing in the IDS, I realize the inevitable uphill battle facing my candidacy as we seek to improve the living and working conditions of all Atlasians, with particular emphasis on those residing in the IDS. This does not deter me; in fact, it may be the single biggest force calling me to action. The attitudes of isolation and regression must be countered with the attitudes of openness and progress, no matter what the odds.

My candidacy – along with my potential election to the IDS Legislature – will always be in the pursuit of a brighter future that embodies the spirit of progressive social and economic causes. It has also been established with the knowledge that all human beings living in a modern society – particularly citizens of the South – have basic tangible rights and guarantees that cannot be denied nor provided in exchange for profit by private entities. Furthermore, all citizens of Atlasia residing in the South have the right to the ideals of self-determination, social and economic mobility, personal choice regarding their bodies and minds and freedom from totalitarian rule.

If elected, some of the broader ideals with which I wish to assist include:

• The establishment of a competitive electoral environment within the South that takes into account the aspirations and desires of the common citizen.
  • The regulation of the economy and free-market sectors through one of two options: direct market competition by the government, or progressive taxation.
  • The full realization of universal human rights, including but not limited to: worker's rights, women's rights, LGBT rights, minority rights, water rights, food rights, mobility rights, reproductive rights, the right to transparent information and the right of the individual to engage in whatever personal behavior desired, so long as said behavior does not directly impact another individual or society at-large in a negative or harmful way.
  • The concept of social order and equality, through which all citizens of Atlasia are tied together and which must be realized in order to provide an equal playing field for all citizens in their social and economic endeavors.
  • The elimination of all restrictions – whether enacted, proposed or perceived; economic, social or ideological in nature – that segregate and isolate the South from the rest of Atlasia, which shall not be misconstrued to refer to the abolition of a Southern identity.

Being a pragmatist, however, I realize that any campaign, candidate or elected official needs to have concrete goals in mind in order to affect change. My number one goal in my first term as IDS Legislator will be to introduce legislation obligating the members of the Legislature, in conjunction with a standing committee, to fully update all IDS-related information via the Atlas Wiki by no later than August 15, 2012. In environments such as this, access to information from times gone by is crucial for quick, accurate decision-making from our elected leaders and well-established citizens. It is also vital to new citizens who wish to learn about the process that has led us here, but cannot find all the relevant information in one location.

My second goal as Legislator will be to review all current laws on the books in order to determine whether there are duplications, redundancies or superficial aspects to current law that are less than necessary. I will then issue a report with my findings for consideration, with the goal being that the IDS Legislature will repeal any such legislation meeting the above criteria.

I look forward to speaking with many of you over the coming weeks and hearing your questions, concerns and comments. I hope to be just one part of a greater trend in Atlasia in which the needs and ambitions of both the people and the Labor Party are realized in totality.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #561 on: June 03, 2012, 08:14:41 PM »

I am not inactive on Atlasia, nor do I feel I vacated the position. Nevertheless, I shall vote:

[X] Snowstalker

I think the concern is that you haven't been active within this thread. Then again, I haven't been the best at that either.

I don't feel you vacated the position either.

Adam, I like your press release, but I'd recommend making it its own thread.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #562 on: June 03, 2012, 08:29:50 PM »

Adam, I like your press release, but I'd recommend making it its own thread.

Thanks, Nathan. I wanted to make sure the Labor Party got the first peek. My Campaign HQ is up and running.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #563 on: June 04, 2012, 01:20:29 PM »

Shall we hold a convention this cycle?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #564 on: June 04, 2012, 03:10:39 PM »

Why not?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #565 on: June 04, 2012, 10:14:32 PM »

Wait why is there voting going on?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #566 on: June 05, 2012, 05:27:08 AM »

Confirming once and for all that Snowy is Vice-Chair.

Voting expired yesterday, but it doesn't matter. Snowy is completely and totally Vice-Chair.

...I suck at proctoring.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #567 on: June 18, 2012, 12:39:09 AM »

Congratulations to our own Alfred F. Jones, the new Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast! Ho there for the national elections!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #568 on: June 18, 2012, 03:30:19 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Griffin elected to IDS legislature, becomes Labor's first southern elected official

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #569 on: June 18, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »

Congrats!
Seems our party is indeed making some strides, even if they are small steps.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #570 on: June 20, 2012, 03:03:49 AM »

Congrats!

Congratulations indeed!

It's important to build up credibility and experience for our members, especially those who are newish to Atlasian politics.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #571 on: June 20, 2012, 04:34:18 PM »

Congratulations to our own Alfred F. Jones, the new Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast! Ho there for the national elections!

That's actually Simfan.

And Congrats Adam!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #572 on: June 20, 2012, 04:58:56 PM »

Congratulations indeed!
It's important to build up credibility and experience for our members, especially those who are newish to Atlasian politics.

Congrats!

Thanks, everybody! Now to work on some legislation and recruiting more Labor members in the IDS. I still have no idea how I won, especially considering I'm the sole Labor member in the IDS. Had any vote been different, I most likely would not have made it. Any help, advice or encouragement for the future will be much appreciated.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #573 on: June 20, 2012, 05:56:40 PM »

That's actually Simfan.

Is it? I guess congratulations to him, then, and to you for your full term.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #574 on: June 20, 2012, 06:02:29 PM »

That's excellent!

Many congratulations.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 38  
« previous next »