Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:30:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting  (Read 85944 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: February 04, 2012, 06:57:55 PM »

Hi guys,

I just want to let you all know I've decided not to run for re-election as Pacific Senator, and I encourage you all to run a candidate for Pacific Senator. Sbane is cool and it's not the end of the world if you don't, but please don't assume it will be a competitive election since I'm not running.

Also, run a candidate for President... Earl is kind of a dick, I can't vote for any ticket with a cat strangler on it, and the other two are right-wingers. NOTA is looking like the best option at the moment. Sad
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 07:41:29 PM »

Hi guys,

I just want to let you all know I've decided not to run for re-election as Pacific Senator, and I encourage you all to run a candidate for Pacific Senator. Sbane is cool and it's not the end of the world if you don't, but please don't assume it will be a competitive election since I'm not running.

Also, run a candidate for President... Earl is kind of a dick, I can't vote for any ticket with a cat strangler on it, and the other two are right-wingers. NOTA is looking like the best option at the moment. Sad

Bgwah/BK write in? Smiley

I am also increasingly concerned...

Unfortunately I think Bacon King is term-limited. Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 10:44:26 PM »

So, you guys are all changing your votes because bgwah comes in here and calls me a dick?

Where does this come from? Is this because I wouldn't join the "Jesus Christ Party"... even after persistently pursuing me to do so?  Well, it's one thing to attack my policies, sir, but it is disgraceful to attack my character! Shame on you!

But, it is to be expected. When I first ran for office, over six years ago, I was a political neophyte. I was appalled at the dirty tricks of politics back then. But, I have grown a thick skin over the years and I can take it. Well, I won't personally attack bgwah, because I am above that.

I was talking about you with someone. We agreed that you put up this faux-nice guy persona but at the end of the day you're just kind of a dick. Sorry.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 10:56:16 PM »

A question--do we actually have anybody who WANTS to run for President in the party?

Antonio/Fuzzy, for a stronger Atlasia.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 11:42:44 PM »

If this party endorses Napoleon, it obviously has no reason to exist.

Vote for Tweed, comrade.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 11:53:19 PM »

Recent polling shows Clarence and Tweed tied. The left traditionally under polls, too. Furthermore, that was with Liberals voting Clarence in the poll to make it look like our ticket should drop out and endorse them. I do not agree with your conclusion.

Furthermore, Xahar is right about one thing. One of the main points of JCP dissolution was to have more competition. That goal is not met if all left-of-center parties simply endorse one ticket.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 12:25:54 AM »

If you're in it to win it, you should be after Tweed/Bgwah voters' second preferences. Having Liberals claiming they will preference Clarence higher than us is counterproductive.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 12:55:34 AM »

I, for one, will not be preferencing the Tweed ticket

Anyway, Tweed has said he's open to preferencing other candidates despite his personal dislike of the IRV system. I'm sure he can be convinced to give his second preference to the Napoleon/Kalwejt ticket. Mutual second preferencing is the best bet for both tickets and for all progressives.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 01:09:43 AM »

Anyway, Tweed has said he's open to preferencing other candidates despite his personal dislike of the IRV system. I'm sure he can be convinced to give his second preference to the Napoleon/Kalwejt ticket. Mutual second preferencing is the best bet for both tickets and for all progressives.

This is what I've been trying to argue for.
I don't think anybody wasn't going to preference Napoleon/Kalwejt in their second preference who is voting for Tweed(except for Tweed himself). We need to find an acceptable left candidate for the entire Labor party that will campaign however.

Why don't you think Tweed is campaigning? Our ticket has been campaigning longer than any other. Tweed's campaign videos are a unique and heartfelt form of connecting with voters unused by any candidate.

Okay, but my statement was before he said that.

So, does that mean we'll get your second preference? Grin
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 11:23:46 PM »

Your party need not be divided. I urge an endorsement of the Tweed/Bgwah ticket!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 11:41:16 PM »

I'm flattered but I intend to stay on the Tweed ticket. I suppose I might consider joining your party if it would help obtain an endorsement. Wink
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »

I think I speak for Tweed when I say our ticket would be honored to receive a high preference endorsement from this party.

Also, if you guys are talking about winnability or whatever, don't forget who got Napoleon, Oakvale, etc. elected to the Senate... Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies