Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:27:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting  (Read 86259 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: February 03, 2012, 11:08:22 AM »

If the party doesn't mind, I would like to ask Earl (and any other possible candidates who would like our endorsement) to publish a short summary of their platform here. And, if willing, to answer a few questions from us. Just so we know exactly what we're getting in to. Smiley

It's worth a try - democracy is great! I formally and humbly ask for your endorsement. Tongue

My and Jbrase's platform:

- Fiscal reform: Federal tax cuts for individuals and corporations
- No unnecessary regulations for businesses
- A generally non-interventionist foreign policy, though we follow Iran's nuclear ambitions with a close eye
- Pro life
- Embracing game reform; we would like to reinstate the "Game Reform Committee" and support reform measures such as the separate election of the Vice President

Probably the wrong audience, but hey, at least we gave it a try! Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 03:51:56 AM »

Just one word about the last Senat at-large elections because I see that this topic has been brought up again and again: One very important reason why Labor only managed to get one single seat was the fact that many of your Liberal "friends" chose to give their first preference to Andrew instead of your candidates. Had more members of the Liberal Party actually cared about that left-wing solidarity that they now demand from you, you would have at least 2 at-large Senators now.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 04:12:19 AM »

Just one word about the last Senat at-large elections because I see that this topic has been brought up again and again: One very important reason why Labor only managed to get one single seat was the fact that many of your Liberal "friends" chose to give their first preference to Andrew instead of your candidates. Had more members of the Liberal Party actually cared about hat left-wing solidarity that they now demand from you, you would have at least 2 at-large Senators now.

I'm impressed, trying a bit of boat rocking eh?

You call it "boat rocking", I call it "stating the obvious" because what I said can easily be verified in the voting booth thread. I sympathize with the Labor Party to a certain extent because it is the counterpart of the Whig Party; while the Whig Party occupies the right pole of the political spectrum, the Labor Party is on the left, and the other parties are all more or less clearly identifiable in between. Indeed, for relatively extreme parties like the Labor or the Whig Party it can be frustrating to be expected to support self-declared moderate center-left or center-right candidates when, at the same time, these moderates are not ready to support you when it matters for you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies