Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:38:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting  (Read 86018 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 01, 2012, 07:55:04 PM »

x Pyrofox
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 04:45:26 PM »

Yeeah, um..
Even if some of us consider our party composed of "real left wingers" because our political ideology is a bit different than that of the Liberal Party, such a slogan would divide and confuse the fine workers of Atlasia to an unnecessary level, when there are much bigger issues which could be addressed in a slogan. Not to mention, such an action grants legitimacy to other, more unified groups which all of us would like to see defeated.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 02:54:51 AM »

Sounds like an excellent slogan, Nathan Smiley

On an unrelated note, since the inaugural convention has been over with for some time now, do you all think we should re-name this thread as our headquarters, or start a new one? Or does it not matter..
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »

Of course Labor members should vote for Labor members but between Tweed and Napoleon I feel like there's the potential for a major Labor Left-Labor Right split that I'd really like to avoid.
Absolutely. The left already has three candidates, and there's sure to be one or two more at this rate. If the right were to unite behind one well known user, they could blow us away. I'm afraid that this Senate election might be foreshadowing June.

I've yet to decide on a single candidate to support and/or endorse as I like bits and pieces of everyone's platform. After a few weeks, I suppose I'll stick with a single candidate.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »

Welp, looks like even less votes than we thought are actually being counted in this election. 68 votes, folks. 51% of Atlasians voted. That's half of all registered voters. My vote wasn't even counted because of some outdated requirement at a time when we should be trying to include, not exclude, and encourage as many votes as we can. If we don't start pushing some serious efforts to change as soon as possible, Atlasia as we know it will die. If it comes to that, I won't hesitate to support revolution.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 10:23:40 AM »

Abstain.
I want to wait for some debates or discussions between the candidates before we start endorsing, even if we support Napoleon already.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »

Disappointed because of the dismal turnout or the fact that the resolution just squeezed by?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 10:01:30 PM »

Napoleon
[X]Yes []No
Young Tweed
[X]Yes []No
Oakvale
[]Yes []No [X]Abstain

Labor Endorsement order Preference(Only candidates that receive over 50% of the vote):
[X] Abstain
I am torn between two of the candidates, and therefore cannot make any official preferences of endorsements at this time.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »

Congrats!
Seems our party is indeed making some strides, even if they are small steps.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies