Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:19:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting  (Read 86042 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: May 11, 2012, 09:20:23 PM »

Napoleon
[X]Yes []No

Young Tweed
[X]Yes []No

Oakvale
[X]Yes []No

[1]Napoleon
[2]Young Tweed
[3]Oakvale
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2012, 08:06:36 PM by Adam Griffin »

I hope I'm not intruding upon a vote here...

==================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

IDS Legislature candidate Adam Griffin speaks to supporters at first press conference

June 3, 2012 - Glenn Hotel, Atlanta, GA

Less than 48 hours ago, I officially announced my candidacy for the IDS Legislature in the upcoming June Class B Elections. It is with this decision that the Labor Party of Atlasia can mark an historic occasion: the first Labor Party candidacy in the South in the history of the Party. While this may prove to be an exhilarating opportunity, I could not be humbler as I seek the support of Southerners from all walks of life across the IDS as we move forward in the pursuit of an ever-better future.

Being the lone member of the Labor Party currently residing in the IDS, I realize the inevitable uphill battle facing my candidacy as we seek to improve the living and working conditions of all Atlasians, with particular emphasis on those residing in the IDS. This does not deter me; in fact, it may be the single biggest force calling me to action. The attitudes of isolation and regression must be countered with the attitudes of openness and progress, no matter what the odds.

My candidacy – along with my potential election to the IDS Legislature – will always be in the pursuit of a brighter future that embodies the spirit of progressive social and economic causes. It has also been established with the knowledge that all human beings living in a modern society – particularly citizens of the South – have basic tangible rights and guarantees that cannot be denied nor provided in exchange for profit by private entities. Furthermore, all citizens of Atlasia residing in the South have the right to the ideals of self-determination, social and economic mobility, personal choice regarding their bodies and minds and freedom from totalitarian rule.

If elected, some of the broader ideals with which I wish to assist include:

• The establishment of a competitive electoral environment within the South that takes into account the aspirations and desires of the common citizen.
  • The regulation of the economy and free-market sectors through one of two options: direct market competition by the government, or progressive taxation.
  • The full realization of universal human rights, including but not limited to: worker's rights, women's rights, LGBT rights, minority rights, water rights, food rights, mobility rights, reproductive rights, the right to transparent information and the right of the individual to engage in whatever personal behavior desired, so long as said behavior does not directly impact another individual or society at-large in a negative or harmful way.
  • The concept of social order and equality, through which all citizens of Atlasia are tied together and which must be realized in order to provide an equal playing field for all citizens in their social and economic endeavors.
  • The elimination of all restrictions – whether enacted, proposed or perceived; economic, social or ideological in nature – that segregate and isolate the South from the rest of Atlasia, which shall not be misconstrued to refer to the abolition of a Southern identity.

Being a pragmatist, however, I realize that any campaign, candidate or elected official needs to have concrete goals in mind in order to affect change. My number one goal in my first term as IDS Legislator will be to introduce legislation obligating the members of the Legislature, in conjunction with a standing committee, to fully update all IDS-related information via the Atlas Wiki by no later than August 15, 2012. In environments such as this, access to information from times gone by is crucial for quick, accurate decision-making from our elected leaders and well-established citizens. It is also vital to new citizens who wish to learn about the process that has led us here, but cannot find all the relevant information in one location.

My second goal as Legislator will be to review all current laws on the books in order to determine whether there are duplications, redundancies or superficial aspects to current law that are less than necessary. I will then issue a report with my findings for consideration, with the goal being that the IDS Legislature will repeal any such legislation meeting the above criteria.

I look forward to speaking with many of you over the coming weeks and hearing your questions, concerns and comments. I hope to be just one part of a greater trend in Atlasia in which the needs and ambitions of both the people and the Labor Party are realized in totality.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 08:29:50 PM »

Adam, I like your press release, but I'd recommend making it its own thread.

Thanks, Nathan. I wanted to make sure the Labor Party got the first peek. My Campaign HQ is up and running.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 03:30:19 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Griffin elected to IDS legislature, becomes Labor's first southern elected official

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 04:58:56 PM »

Congratulations indeed!
It's important to build up credibility and experience for our members, especially those who are newish to Atlasian politics.

Congrats!
Seems our party is indeed making some strides, even if they are small steps.

Thanks, everybody! Now to work on some legislation and recruiting more Labor members in the IDS. I still have no idea how I won, especially considering I'm the sole Labor member in the IDS. Had any vote been different, I most likely would not have made it. Any help, advice or encouragement for the future will be much appreciated.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 10:51:37 PM »

What about "No dibs on our Dibbles!"?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 12:50:54 AM »

Congratulations indeed!
It's important to build up credibility and experience for our members, especially those who are newish to Atlasian politics.

Congrats!
Seems our party is indeed making some strides, even if they are small steps.

Thanks, everybody! Now to work on some legislation and recruiting more Labor members in the IDS. I still have no idea how I won, especially considering I'm the sole Labor member in the IDS. Had any vote been different, I most likely would not have made it. Any help, advice or encouragement for the future will be much appreciated.

Despite the right-wing leanings of the region, partisanship is pretty weak here. That's why a purely regional party focused on regional issues was able to gain so much traction here. With enough Southern pride, a good work ethic, and a little luck, anyone can succeed in the IDS.

Based on myself being elected, that does seem to be the case. I have a good work ethic and plenty of Southern pride, so hopefully luck will stick around. Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 01:49:37 AM »

One thing you might want to consider is recruiting non-players to join and register in the Pacific Region.  I'm not even sure if the Pacific Legislature is filled due to the inactivity. :/

Isn't the Pacific Legislature universal?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 02:18:44 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2012, 02:22:00 AM by IDS Legislator Griffin »

One thing you might want to consider is recruiting non-players to join and register in the Pacific Region.  I'm not even sure if the Pacific Legislature is filled due to the inactivity. :/

Isn't the Pacific Legislature universal?

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that.  It's still practically vacant in a sense, though. Tongue

Yep. I think there's a correlation between the fact that the two regions with universal legislatures are also the two regions with the lowest population and activity.

Morgieb, you may want to look at this image I threw together a couple of weeks ago to get an idea of the power structure in the region:

You'd pretty much have to run for Governor or Lt. Governor to get your start in the Pacific, or see about the vacant judicial slot if it's still open. Any election in the Pacific would be favorable for you unless you had more qualified Labor competition; a large plurality of the region is Labor.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 03:21:32 AM »

The Pacific already has a Governor and a Lt. Governor, but it still needs someone to really spark activity there.  PMing non-players to promote the region would be a great way to start off.

I got motivated to replicate my signature image so everybody can whore out their space! Cheesy

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 12:06:11 PM »

Those are some... interesting images. Are those marijuana plants and migrant workers?

Maybe? Tongue Or maybe it's hemp and good, hard-working non-migrant workers. Who knows?

I think the Pacific sign represents illegal immigrants stealing hard-working Atlasians' jobs. The Midwest one looks weird, though. Why is the sky orange?
Also, Mr. Griffin, the new Northeast Lieutenant Governor is a Whig.

They're all supposed to look a little weird. I liked the original image (which had an orange sky) so I played around with it. Also, yes, some of the seats on that power graphic have changed (notably, Lt Gov of NE & my seat) but I won't be creating a new one until July 10, as it'll be a once-per-month thing for me.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 08:03:37 PM »

I am going to file an amicus brief on behalf of the respondent in the ridiculous Supreme Court case Young Tweed v. Department of Federal Elections. I make no secret of my previous support for Tweed back when he had balls and made some degree of sense but this is just cowardly and absurd. Normally I wouldn't consider this an emergency but the Supreme Court is already acting sufficiently frivolous as to have granted certoriari so there's no telling what they might do.

Regardless of our own political sympathies and the regrettable intraparty disputes of the past I urge us to come together in support of Atlasian democracy. I'd like to be able to file my brief in the name of the Standing Committee of the Whole of the Labor Party of Atlasia. If anybody objects to this within the next two hours (as of the original posting time) I will open an emergency vote. I urge however that the Party allow her Chairman to file in her name on behalf of the candidate whom she already endorsed and who was duly elected by the people.

I agree. We made an endorsement, and we owe it to the candidate to stick to that promise.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 08:43:17 PM »

Myself as well.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 10:29:58 PM »

I like Nathan's description, too. Also, if folks are willing to give me another hour or so, I may have a party logo to edit into this post. Not sure if it will be warmly received, but something would still be a lot better than the nothing we've got right now I suppose!

Edit: Here's something I slapped together today using whatever bits and pieces of things I could easy find (or already had on hand). For reference, the stars in this case are colored according to patches of their flags as opposed to designated regional colors on Atlasian maps. Any thoughts?

I like it. I've been toying around myself for a bit with some images I've had and used in campaigning. Don't mind the large sizes.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 01:42:51 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2012, 02:01:24 AM by IDS Legislator Griffin »

I am fond of the fourth especially - most of the others being eyecandy too. But not having Hawaii or Alaska with the mainland, which I know would be awkward to incorporate but are pretty noticeable to have gone, rules them out I reckon. I agree it could use something printed on the ribbons by the way, but I'm not savvy enough with graphic design to pull that off. Maybe you could though? Hmm... Either way, I will be glad if our party gets something in the way of a logo!

You also forgot Puerto Rico. Tongue Here's a couple more for consideration:

Those are nice but could use some additions, like your core principles on the ribbon-things, and a soldier standing in the building, and also State of Georgia at the top and 1776 at the bottom.

And you also forgot the stars. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 02:47:40 PM »

I am still open to persuasion. As of this moment, my preference is for this one.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 10:25:11 PM »

I'm assuming voting's closed?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 12:30:28 AM »

That's fine by me. If you want, I can update the Wiki page.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Labor_Party
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 10:09:03 PM »

Just a heads-up on a smaller event: I will be seeking re-election to the IDS Legislature.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 05:07:17 AM »

How many candidates do we have currently? Xahar, Seatown, Snowstalker?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 06:58:16 PM »

This party is a disorganized, comatose mess. Can we PLEASE get peoplle talking in here?

I would like to recommend that we hold a vote to officially endorse 3 candidates from the following list:

[ ] BaconKing (LIB-GA)
[ ] Franzl (LIB-IL)
[ ] Marokai Blue (LAB-IA)
[ ] NVTownsend (LIB-NV)
[ ] Seatown (LAB-WA)
[ ] Snowstalker (LAB-WV)

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 08:52:32 PM »

Clarence (Whig)
[ ] Aye
[X] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Seatown (Labor)
[X] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Snowstalker (Labor)
[X] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Hagrid of the Deep (Whig)
[ ] Aye
[X] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Xahar (Национа́льное движе́ние «Алия́ Муста́фина»)
[X] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Hashemite (Национа́льное движе́ние «Алия́ Муста́фина»)
[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay
[X] Abstain

AndrewTX (Independent)
[ ] Aye
[X] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Marokai Blue(Labor)
[X] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

SJoyceFla(IB)
[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay
[X] Abstain
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2012, 03:40:29 AM »

Clarence (Whig)
[ ] Aye
[X] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Seatown (Labor)
[X] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Snowstalker (Labor)
[X] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Hagrid of the Deep (Whig)
[ ] Aye
[X] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Xahar (Национа́льное движе́ние «Алия́ Муста́фина»)
[X] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Hashemite (Национа́льное движе́ние «Алия́ Муста́фина»)
[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay
[X] Abstain

AndrewTX (Independent)
[ ] Aye
[X] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Marokai Blue(Labor)
[X] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

SJoyceFla(IB)