Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:30:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting  (Read 86284 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« on: September 01, 2012, 10:07:48 AM »

Hey everyone, I just registered as a Labour Georgian, completely randomly and un-stragetically : I live in France after all... So what's next for me ?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 08:56:41 AM »

_Actually_, as I am IRL a radical leftist living in a tough rightist place, I figured I could use my IRL experience to try that challenge here. How it will end up I don't know.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »

How about we went to Providence, RI ? I hear it's been one of the first cities in the country having been industrialized, and while there are not much industries anymore, we also do have to show we defend all kinds of workers, including public sector, which is a major employer in the city. Plus it's one of the most left-leaning cities in Atlasia.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 06:11:06 PM »

I'm good with Birmingham, AL. I mean, there seems to be a surge in Labour party membership in the South Tongue, so we might as well try and confirm that !
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 03:15:52 PM »

Convention Location

[X] Birmingham, AL, IDS

Endorsements

I abstain on all endorsements, cause I really don't know every one enough.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 06:27:51 PM »

This is Labor. At any given time, 73% of us are high on cocaine.
I'm on cheap beer : much more working class...
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 08:54:25 AM »

And as my campaign for Southern Region Legislature has successfully ended, I hereby welcome you to a more and more working class and liberties friendly region !

If you'll allow me, I'll address a speech at the Convention in a few days for both thanking my fellow citizens and push forward a few of my agendas.

I agree on the 4-month term for Party official positions, of which I could see a Chairperson, a Vice-chair, a Secretary General (in charge of logistics and recruitment). Maybe we could elect a Politburo of our own that could propose a platform that would be voted by our Congress or Convention.

I think we should have our Party elections two weeks after the Presidential elections. That way we could by then have analysed what went right and wrong during said campaign, and therefore make the necessary changes (or continuities). Less than two weeks might lead to unwanted results where an unsuccessful candidate could get thrown away in despair.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 04:54:44 AM »

Wow what a piece of work !

And I see you used some of the denominations I had used. In my mind, it was more the Secretary General that had the role of whip, for me it's a most strategic role, one that knows basically every member, knows when to address them by PM if they don't show up for a vote, makes them proposals of offices to run for that fit into the party's strategies, and is also able to browse the whole forum a bit to recruit new members. (in that prospect, maybe we should contact Spanish Moss and explain the game, he could be a good recrue) It is a role best fitted for someone who spends a lot of time on the forum, and is here frequently, and preferably who has some seniority in the game and the party to know everyone. I know I wouldn't run for it now !

If the Vice-Chair is in charge of political strategy, he has to look into each region to see what's going on, what is being discussed and voted, and adapt the party's stances on that. I don't know who it will be, but in order to elaborate our first platform I think we might consider having a three person committe working on it, otherwise it might prove too much work for one only.

And then the Chair is in charge of the whole, impulsing momentum to the party, proposing the main orientations, and settling disputes or difficulties.

I have other things but I have to go eat now, so I'll stop by later Wink
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 04:15:02 PM »

Do we have to automatically endorse people in every election ? I mean our candidates are ok, and sometimes other parties' candidates why not, but does it need to be a rule ? As it's written in the by-laws, it seems as if we're required to endorse as many people as there are seats available in each election.

Also, there are two other alternatives to the election of the Politburo that we might consider :
- 3-member tickets are running as a bloc (Chair, VC, SG), one member cannot be on two different tickets, we vote on the tickets, that would as a consequence reduce the number of candidacies, or even prevent that we ever had two tickets running against each other, which can strengthen party unity but also reduce internal debate and renewal
- we have a separate election for each position, a member can or cannot run for different positions, which would maximize the amount of candidacies, but could get a bit frustrating if someone who ran for all three positions gets two of them and has to choose, or gets one whereas someone who dedicated oneself to a position in particular doesn't.

Again I really think the Vice-Chair is a more political as in ideological role, and Secretary General deals with logistics and personnel. The Chair of course deals with both and rules.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 09:58:07 AM »

You'll say I'm picking, but are we deciding for the 3-position ticket solution ? I was more on the side of separate ballots for each position, as Seatown expressed, but I had stated all the possible ways of doing this. What do our comrades think ?

Your section on the by-laws says "party platform" in it : copy/paste malfunction I guess.

Maybe next 3 federal elections ban for a Labor running as an independent is a bit too much, as in 4 months a lot of water can run under bridges. Maybe just a ban on the next regular election to the position that member seeked and the next regular federal election might be enough.

I think we should maybe have some kind of By-laws Application Control Committee, and a Disciplinary Committee to discuss potential exclusions. Every serious Party got these. Maybe the first one could be entrusted solely to the GenSec, but the second should be a independent one, and no Politburo member should sit there. Maybe we should only write in the possibility to gather such a committee should there be a disciplinary hearing to organize and how it should be composed.

That's all for now, please all react so we can move on. Our convention seems to be in the foreplay stages still... Wink
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 09:02:21 AM »

CHAIR
[1]Griffin

VICE-CHAIR
[1]Marokai
[2]Snowstalker (incumbent)

GEN-SEC
[2]Barnes
[1]Seatown

I would like to apologize to my fellow Labourites for the scarcity of my appearances right now. I'm currently moving and until all is finished on October 10th, I'll be quite busy. However, I would like to propose the future GenSec and Vice-Chair my candidacy to both the platform committee or the by-laws committee. I'm not the leader kind of politician, more of the "shadow worker" kind, so I think I could be of much more use drawing up our party's stances and rules.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies