Election of 2012: Looking Forward
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:54:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election of 2012: Looking Forward
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Election of 2012: Looking Forward  (Read 12584 times)
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2012, 09:59:18 AM »
« edited: February 16, 2012, 06:39:20 AM by Indy Prez »

Just. It's a lot like the House situation in 2000. Senate remains Democratic with only two losses.
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2012, 09:31:50 AM »

Governor Daniels give his concession speech from the front steps of the Indiana State House:

"Earlier tonight, I congratulated the President on his victory. We spoke of the immense challenges the American people are going to face over the next four years, and the need for us to find the common ground that will bridge the partisan gap in Washignton and all across this land. To all the young people out there, I would like to thank you for all your efforts in this greatest of contests and leave you with this: this is not the last of us. You will fight the good fight for generations to come."

Ron Paul, not mentioned in the above, also concedes from his Lake Jackson home:

"Thank you America! I have valued all of your support over my career as a champion for liberty in the Congress but this is where my career ends. However, the mission is greater than the man. We won the youth vote in this election, but it just wasn't enough. But one day you will all grow up, maybe start a family, have a full-time job after college and then the libertarian voting bloc will be the largest voting bloc in the country and that is when we'll take this country back.
 I did just get off the phone with both of our opponents in this race, with the President, and though he means well it was still a gracious call and I accept the results. Governor Daniels was also courteous and I understand the resentment some of his supporters hae to us but this should make them take us seriously."

The President gives his victory address on the steps fo the Lincoln Monument:

"What has unfolded tonight is the next chapter in our American story. Tonight's victory was a small one in comparison with what we will achieve in the next four years. I know that old campaign slogan may be a little rusty now but as my campaign manager likes to say: "if it ain't broke..."
 Have we drafted legislation that will comprehensively reform the way Wall Street practises it's business over the past four years? Yes, we have. Have we gotten our servicemen and women out of unnecessary harm's way in Iraq? yes, we ahve. Have we made it easier for middle and lower income families to buy health insurance and saved lives? yes, we have.
 Can we make it still easier for less wealthy folks to have health coverage over the next four years? Yes, we can. Can we have democracy flourish over the globe even more over the next four years? yes, we can. Can we build a new American energy base and transport system for all Americans over the next four years? yes, we can. Can we make sure every American family can aford college education? YES WE CAN!
 Will we accomplish all of these things and more over the next four years? YES WE WILL! God bless you and god bless America!"
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »

As Obama's Inaugural Address nears, former Speaker Newt Gingrich crawls out from under his rock to warn the world of the four years of left-wing radicalism the electorate has incurred.

Also, Vice President Biden's health is said by some to be waning.
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2012, 01:42:43 PM »

20/01/13

"I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
 So help me J... God."

This slight hesitation will be Fox News fodder for months to come, with pundits propagating postulations that the President paused to portend the secular objectives of his second administration. The jittering J is interpreted as his consideration of replying with 'John' (G Roberts, instead of God).

Other than that, and a thousand-strong throng of Teabaggers assembling on the mall, the Address goes off without a hitch.

"In this last election, or the very last election for those of you on the Mayan calendar, yeah I'm still here (warm chuckles)... the American people have reaffirmed our mission to rebuild this nation....
 We will take decisive action to fight the poverty which pervades our society and reach out to those dark corners of the world to form new, stronger alliances."

The speech receives much milder applause unlike his first, with less vague pleasantries and a more aggressively liberal tone. Commentators interpret this as a declaration of the 'Obama docrine': letting other nations do the job of settling conflicts through negotiation and a new healthcare/stimulus bill.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2012, 05:59:10 PM »

This is great, but can we see some pictures?
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2012, 05:35:57 AM »

I don't have Photoshop so I don't see how pasting some pictures anyone can look up on Google will serve my narrative.

If i did have such technologies at my disposal, you'd be seeing a skinny (well, almost) Chris Christie at the Superbowl in 2014.

However, they would add some colour to my posts. Could you tell me how it's done?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2012, 07:03:58 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2012, 07:45:53 PM by Jerseyrules »

I don't have Photoshop so I don't see how pasting some pictures anyone can look up on Google will serve my narrative.

If i did have such technologies at my disposal, you'd be seeing a skinny (well, almost) Chris Christie at the Superbowl in 2014.

However, they would add some colour to my posts. Could you tell me how it's done?

[img] [ /img] and put your pictures link in between.  However, you must make sure that it's the only thing on the page, ex. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/Robert_Todd_Lincoln_-_Harris_and_Ewing.jpg.  Just no space between the [ and the /
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2012, 09:33:39 AM »

22/01/13

In the first press briefing of the second term, Jay Carney announces the President's plans to visit the Provisional Syrian head of Government and acting leaders of the new Arab democracies s well as Iran to discuss ways to bring lasting peace to the region.

Republicans call it a dangerous appeasement but he brushes the dirt off.
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2012, 01:26:22 PM »

So barhoun Ghoulian turns out to be a standup guy. So good infact that Obama pushes for UN membership for all the Arab Springers. He also opens talks with North Korea for the release of two American journalists, with Billary as special envoy. With the Iranian elections only six months away, the President will visit Iran to twist Ahmadinejad's arm westerly.
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2012, 03:29:06 PM »

"The United States will reach out to its new allies in this region and work together to develop a consensus on the best way to go forward."

Back home, the President will deliver his State of the Union, in which he announces his rejection of the Keystone Pipeline and focus on "creating jobs without destroying America". Boos ripple throughout the audience a la Joe Wilson.

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2012, 01:32:12 AM »

Yay!  Pix!  Great update, btw.
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2012, 07:01:55 PM »

In Cuba, the capitalist reforms of Raul Castro are starting to take effect and Obama drops in to negotiate a possible lifting of the Embargo with the recently-appointed leader, flaring Cuban-American sentiment back home to the point where Senator Marco Rubio feels its necessary to make a speech:

"For the last fifty years, the United States has sent a strong message to Castro, that we will not tolerate or negotiate with him as long as he oppresses the Cuban people. President Obama has thrown this standard out of the window and I hope more Americans will stand up to the new lows of this administration."

Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2012, 07:21:39 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2012, 04:11:14 PM by Indy Prez »

On the home front, the President will make clear his intent to discontinue the Bush tax cuts and works on a fiscally sensible budget.

In what will become known as the 2nd Scramble for Africa, Russia and the US will fight for the new Arab nations membership in OPEC and UN, respectively.

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2012, 01:23:14 AM »

I like Rubio, but he should STFU on Cuba.  (mutters) piss me off....

(normal voice) Great TL!
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2012, 06:51:08 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2012, 04:10:04 PM by Indy Prez »

Cuban lobby-backed Republicans and Democrats in Congress try to dissappropriate funds for Obama's future foreign visits if, in the words of David Rivera FL-25, "our President continues to shake hands and take pictures with murdererous dictators."

Vice President Joe Biden is asked for comment, and replies "Well it can't be much worse than shaking hands with Dave or any other members of Congress." Quickly realising it isn't funny, Biden drops the Hollywood smile and retreats with "No, but Raul Castro isn't a murderer or a dictator and we believe he is a reformer seeking to overthrow the regime which has been in place for so long. They've, the anti-Cuban lobby've got it all wrong."

Speculation of an imminent resignation request is rife in DC and JRB uncharacterisitically shuns the spotlight for weeks.

Meanwhile, elections transpire peacefully in Iran thanks to Obama's boot-to-the-throat sanction threats and the more liberal candidate Ali Larijani emerges as the new President. All world leaders call to congratulate him.

Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2012, 07:14:25 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2012, 04:11:56 PM by Indy Prez »

The paps huddle outside No 2 Observatory Circle for the Vice President's forthcoming announcement. Soon, a solemn yet confident VP emerges from the mansion and stopping at the gate, reads from a prepared statement:

"Good evening. Throughout my long legislative and executive career, I have garnered a reputation for verbal missteps. Tonight, I want to apologise to all of the people my remarks have offended. Dave Rivera, if you're watching, I hope you know I didn't mean it. I was being stupid. As we all can be at times. But I'm going to continue in my service of this country as Vice President and this administration stands with me. Just to clear that up... Goodnight, and thanks. Keep doing your job, keep making me apologise for stuff I say."

At this point he comically covers his mouth then smiles that big Biden grin before walking back to the mansion.

Back at the White House, Obama watches angrily as Biden speaks without notifying the administration, nullifying their plans for his resignation and selection of Hillary for Vice President.
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2012, 11:51:36 AM »

On one humid June day, Fidel Castro will topple over in a coughing fit after inhaling deeply on a good cigar. He is pronounced dead shortly thereafter.

1926-2013

President Obama will make a call of condolence to President Raul Castro before publicly announcing another visit to Cuba to discuss the lifting of the embargo and closing of Guantanamo.

The right balks and Rubio/Rivera hit the stump to citicize the President again, which will backfire on them when they receive a flurry of constituent letters in favour of the President's mission.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2012, 02:31:29 AM »

Stop being stupid Marco!  I liked you in 2010 but your being a prick!
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2012, 02:42:31 PM »

North Korean negotiations on behalf of Billary succeed when Kim Yong Nam agrees to release all hostages, disband the nuclear program and generally continue down the path of liberalization in return for further humanitarian aid.

The rest of 2013 is dominated by Obama's gradual lifting of sanctions on Cuba (which pass House & Senate easier than expected), the EU's on Iran and further economic recovery through lower oil prices and geopoltiical stability.

But will it last?
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2012, 04:27:01 PM »

Bashar al-Assad is sentenced by the new Syrian government to life in prison for crimes against humanity, heralding a new year of peace in the Middle East and around the world. The President's approval ratings are in the high 50s but his domestic agenda hasn't even gotten off the ground. He looks to offset this image of pragmatic caretaker by drafting a budget to Congress.

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »

Billary?  Wink
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »

Hill and Bill (StateSec/FmrPrez: one-two punch, no?) are the special envoys.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »

Hill and Bill (StateSec/FmrPrez: one-two punch, no?) are the special envoys.

Ah Wink
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2012, 06:12:23 PM »

"For the first time in more than fifty years, Americans can freely travel to and from the United States. This would not be possible without the trieless efforts of President Raul Castro."

-Obama's SOTU

President Castro bows to the President and Congress, who in turn entreat him to a standing ovation. Senator Marco Rubio will remain seated throughout, in a move which will only further excerbate tensions between himself and the GOP leadership, leading the pundits to speculate of a likely primary challenge in 2016.

Meanwhile, President Obama's sensible budget will pass with surprisingly little pork attached. He will then announce an ambitious plan to overthrow the American public school system: the Federal Quadmester, with longer school days
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2012, 07:05:25 PM »

Republicans lick their lips at the first piece of legislation to savage in a long-time. It goes down predictably.

The Midterms see little change take place as the House and Senate remain respectively Republican and Democrat-controlled.

Meanwhile, a counter-protest movement of conservative Muslim men will take to the streets in Iran, Iraq and Syria packing heat.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies