Whig Party Convention (2-7 February): Voting on Party Symbols (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:18:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party Convention (2-7 February): Voting on Party Symbols (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Whig Party Convention (2-7 February): Voting on Party Symbols  (Read 8256 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« on: February 02, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »
« edited: February 02, 2012, 06:48:02 PM by Jerseyrules »

I'm jerseyrules of the IFP and I'd greatly appreciate your endorsement for governor of the Northeast this election.  I'm strongly pro-capitalism, and I'm a strong advocate of civil liberties.  I'm opposed to outright repeal of the NE blue laws, and believe that individual communities should be able to decide their own rules regarding them.  I'm also greatly in favor of a balanced Budget, and keeping spending at or below inflation level.  I'm not a wingnut on abortion, though I believe that the morning after pill is a much preferable alternative to outright abortion, and especially partial-birth.  I would veto any cap-and-trade bill that crosses my desk, and I am adamantly opposed to it, though I am for private incentives for donations to green energy and wildlife preserves as an alternative.  While I'm against state income taxes on top of federal taxation, I believe my compromise bill with a maximum of 10% taxation is better than tax hikes proposed by the Speaker recently, some of which are well over 30%
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 06:49:09 PM »

Anyone sane prefers alternatives to abortion, whether out of conscience or concern for women's health. I'd like to point out that the Northeast already has a balanced budget requirement in the Constitution and all budgets under my administration will comply with that.

But, would you hold spending at or below inflation without raising revenues to accomplish it?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 06:50:54 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2012, 06:53:25 PM by Jerseyrules »

I appreciate a good debate, and while the gentleman from Connecticut may have lost his way on certain issues, I believe he is entitled to his opinions Wink.  Btw, I have nothing against you, Napoleon, and I'm happy to be your opponent this election.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 07:30:42 PM »

Clarence has announced.his.resignation from the IDS legislature. He ail be missed. It looked like he would have been a great Whig leader.

A great loss to us all...
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:20:06 PM »

Not to be pushy, but will there be a "primary" or "convention" for who gets your nomination for NE governor?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 11:12:33 PM »

Not to be pushy, but will there be a "primary" or "convention" for who gets your nomination for NE governor?

I'd wait until we hear from SimFan.

Okay
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 08:07:19 PM »

Signing in....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies