Obama up 7 against Romney in Ohio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:50:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Obama up 7 against Romney in Ohio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama up 7 against Romney in Ohio  (Read 6061 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: February 01, 2012, 03:26:16 PM »

Looking deeper into the results, I can't see how Obama loses this election.  He has a 61% approval rating in this state with people who classify themselves as moderate, meanwhile the favorability among moderates is Gingrich -53, Romney -33, Santorum -31, Paul -29. 

Worse yet, Obama leads Gingrich, Paul and Romney among seniors, which McCain carried by 11 points in a 2008 losing effort and Bush by 16 in a narrow victory.

Yep, the centre seems to be holding nicely for the president

I'd expect that, since about 40% of America self-identifies as conservative and over 30% as moderate, meaning that there are more moderates who would be to the left of a theoretical American 'mean' (self-identification-wise if not policy-wise) than right of it. It's still good to know, particularly with how it translates on to the 'independent' political bloc.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 04:09:43 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP doesn't win anymore presidential elections.

I'm trying to figure out if this sentence is hyperbolic, if you have a perspective on the future of the party system that I might not, or if it's supposed to be an indication that the whole comment is less than entirely serious.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:20:14 PM »

I think they will have the White House in 2016, they have a very good field while the Democrats would be a bit weaker.

Who does the GOP have who's any good?

Chris Christie and Marco Rubio, among others, are considered 'good' for reasons that elude me but which polling seems to bear out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies