Obama's Catholic hospital decision (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:20:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama's Catholic hospital decision (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama's Catholic hospital decision  (Read 7890 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: February 02, 2012, 04:22:41 PM »

And if the Catholic Church now drops health coverage for their workers, they will bleed talent. Those who are in demand enough will leave leading to a lower quality of care. Of course they already lose a lot of talent due to their archaic rules on birth control pills. Trust me, I know.

But protecting the rights of women workers is important too. I wish they didn't cover plan B so the line in the sand could have been clearer. It is absolutely wrong to not cover birth control. Completely and utterly wrong.

Birth control is not exactly expensive. Of all the aspects of compensation to be a stickler about, it would be quite funny indeed if that was one of them!

Haha, true. People bitch about it all the time though. I know that for a fact but I doubt someone is going to not accept a job because of it. Although if you have a choice....

And if the Catholic church decides to drop their health plan, they will lose talented people. That makes sense, doesn't it?
more sense than Obama's all-or-nothing insurance requirement.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:34:21 PM »

It's not just  those who oppose birth control that are upset about this of course.

Imagine, once was a time respecting people's rights of conscience was considered the liberal position.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 03:41:26 PM »

It's not just  those who oppose birth control that are upset about this of course.

Imagine, once was a time respecting people's rights of conscience was considered the liberal position.

What about those on these health insurance plans who don't believe in the Catholic church's line on birth control and would like for it to be covered? Where is their right of conscience?
What I would like for you to do for me has nothing to do with following my conscience.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 01:13:06 PM »

To me this is a simple problem to fix. If the catholic church does not want to pay for things like this or compromise their mission and the integrity of their institution STOP ACCEPTING FEDERAL FUNDS.

Indeed, and I should think that these purported fiscal conservatives would be lauding any decision that reduces federal expenditures.
As much as you might like Catholic hospitals to refuse Medicare and Medicaid, this decision has nothing to do with that.  The law isn't dependent on accepting federal funds.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 03:55:45 PM »

I hope it becomes a political football. This is absolutely ridiculous. It's just birth control. Let them make this into a big deal, no ones going to care. And it can only backfire. At the same time you have racists speaking at CPAC and no one seems to be concerned about that. What a f'in joke.

Oh and plan B is not an abortifacient. It's not RU-486. These bunches of retards commenting on something they know nothing about is insane. The catholic church should stick to the bible.  They don't get to decide what is an abortifacient or what the mechanism of action of a drug is, medical professionals do.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies