Obama's Catholic hospital decision (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:47:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama's Catholic hospital decision (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama's Catholic hospital decision  (Read 7892 times)
MSG
MSG@LUC
Rookie
United States

« on: February 07, 2012, 10:27:23 PM »

To me this is a simple problem to fix. If the catholic church does not want to pay for things like this or compromise their mission and the integrity of their institution STOP ACCEPTING FEDERAL FUNDS. You dont get something for nothing. When two groups who hold different ethics and morals enter into an agreement one side is going to have to compromise their identity do you really think it will be the government. Therefore, just like people have been saying since Madison railed against Patrick Henry's supplemental pay for teacher tax it is the to the detriment of both the government and the religious groups or institutions when funds are given/accepted. Faith based initiatives ,charitable choice, and all of the other various tax payer money grabs by the religious institutions are all unconstitutional but even more they are philosophically wrong for the government and the religious institutions. Some of the strongest opponents of the F.B.I. were mega church ministers fearing a loss of their religious identity. Also anyone who supports the Hyde Adm. and F.B.I./ charitable choice and does not see how that is hypocritical makes me laugh.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies