Obama's Catholic hospital decision (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:22:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama's Catholic hospital decision (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama's Catholic hospital decision  (Read 7938 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: February 03, 2012, 04:11:59 PM »

In regards to the separation of church and state issue here, I'm not sure if this is a case where it applies. Even if the hospitals are associated with the Catholic Church, they aren't really run as religious institutions - they do hire non-Catholics as I understand it. Also, if they want to invoke church-state separation they would have to stop receiving any government funding for what they do, as separation works both ways.

Yeah, lemme know when you find an obstetrician who will work for a chicken... And I'm sincerely pleased to hear that your family has enjoyed good health. Many people are not so lucky.

I wish you good health as well.  But that's my point:  no obstetrician will work for a chicken.  It cost about ten thousand dollars to have our baby, and that was more than seven years ago.  Of course, we didn't pay ten thousand.  I suppose we paid maybe 300 of that, not including monthly premium payroll deductions.  But somebody paid bills totalling about ten thousand.  I know because I kept all the paperwork.  Should it cost that much?  Would it cost that much if it weren't for bureaucratic excesses?

Just have to point out that the insurance company probably didn't pay the full $10k - they don't pay sticker price so to speak, rather they either haggle it down or are already given a discounted rate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies