Obama's Catholic hospital decision (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:49:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama's Catholic hospital decision (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama's Catholic hospital decision  (Read 7936 times)
Link
« on: February 02, 2012, 07:32:13 PM »

What's wrong with just requiring Catholic hospitals to refer out patients seeking birth control products?

What's wrong with all Catholic hospitals being cut off from all public funding?

You take the money... You follow the rules.
Link
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 04:44:12 PM »

I didnt know about this until today and I am offended as a Christian... I have tried to give the President the benefit of the doubt...

That's a lie.
Link
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 04:50:04 PM »

Overly dramatic much? Religion does not dictate what the law should be, it's as simple as that.

Religion should be protected from government wherever possible... this is a violation of the separation of church and state- which was meant to protect the former not the latter!

You do realize that the majority of states already require religious based hospitals, etc to cover the cost of contraception.  You realize that right?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Link
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »

Never met a Catholic girl who wasn't on the pill.

One of my friends is a Buddhist girl who has in the past gone off on a tangent about how hormonal birth control disagrees with her interpretation of the sutras and throws the body askew of the Middle Way. (Not a hippie Buddhist girl. Her family is Japanese and Korean.)

Mumbo Jumbo is gibberish in any languange.
Link
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 03:20:56 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2012, 03:23:19 PM by Link »

pretty much.  I think we're on the same frequency, beet.  As I said, his is an extreme example.  The population of my household is three, and between us we have 89 years of living, and none of us has ever required a quadruple bypass.  What we have required is azithromycin, casts for broken arms, cough medicine, X-rays, vaccinations, general obstetrical services, general pediatric services, circumcisions, and the like, much of which could be had for the cost of a chicken or a pound of butter at one time.

That is a lie.  Azythromycin was licensed by Pfzir in 1986.  I guarantee you it cost more than a chicken or pound of butter.  Where do you guys get this stuff from?
Link
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 09:45:09 PM »

I'd tend to think the insurers would prefer to flip for the few pills that the few woman from these institutions might ask for than pay for maternity costs and all that comes after.

I'd rather drink my cellmate's love juice than have it forced into my rectal canal.

very strange.
Link
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 10:17:26 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2012, 10:26:46 PM by Link »

Okay, let's try another tac.  I'm not trying to put words into your mouth--or anything else into your mouth, for that matter--but it strikes me as astonishing that it doesn't bother you, or anyone, that we have come to a point of saying, "well, the autocracy will tell us what it will tell us, and we have no other recourse than to make the best of it."  This is outrageous!  A private company is expected to eat the cost, all because of executive fiat.  And this isn't even a congressionally-mandated clusterfuck.  That, at least, is legitimate.  This is presidential fiat on a matter that isn't even remotely related to the executive branch description, as envisioned by The Founders.  

Deeply disturbing.  

The insurance companies are not going to "eat the costs."  They will raise the rates on other customers.  98% of women use contraception.  The majority of Catholic universities and hospitals cover it anyway already.  This is much to do about nothing.  The Obama administration created millions of new customers for the insurance companies with his health care law.  Trust me, they are doing fine.

Any other concerns?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies