What makes you Dem/Repub/Indep? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:06:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What makes you Dem/Repub/Indep? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What makes you Dem/Repub/Indep?  (Read 43480 times)
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« on: January 09, 2005, 01:53:20 PM »

My status as an independent comes after many years of constantly switching parties. I started out as a Republican because my parents were. By 2003 I had grown tired of how they claimed to be the party of social values, fiscal responsibility, and upholding the law. It became apparent that they were in reality none of these. North Carolina's state motto is "To be rather than to seem", I wanted to find a party which actually was a party of the aforemention qualities rather than merely seeming to be one. The Constitution party clearly was the best candidate so I joined it, but the honeymoon was brief.

One thing about me is, I really don't like to belong to a party unless I completely agree with every last plank on their platform. In light of my disagreement with the Constitution party over the death penalty, it became apparent to me that I would have to leave my newfound party. With no other party even close to my views, I became an independent.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies