What makes you Dem/Repub/Indep? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:54:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What makes you Dem/Repub/Indep? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What makes you Dem/Repub/Indep?  (Read 43826 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
« on: January 06, 2005, 06:33:36 AM »

In real life, I am a registered Republican. I will be at least until George W Bush leaves office in 2009.

Bush was, in fact, the sole reason why I even registered GOP. Back in 1999/2000, I found his instinctive, but not doctrinaire, emphasis on traditional values most appealing (unlike empty-suit Elizabeth Dole and the bitter, mentally unstable John McCain). Now, it's his recognition that the Religion of Peace is the worst enemy to face civilization since Stalin. Other things such as free trade, Social Security reform, and lower taxes, are vitally important, but secondary, to the evil of international terror. Just kill the bastards!

Moreover, I have never thought much of so-called "fiscal conservatism." That always sounded more like an excuse to jack up rates and taxes to defray the costs of maintaining the welfare state. I'm glad that the modern GOP has eliminated "fiscal conservatism" from its political ideology.

I don't think much of the Democratic Party at all. It is unsalvageable, Joe Lieberman notwithstanding. They really did "Jump The Shark" with this election...bloated and bloviating Michael Moore, Dan Rather, Whoopi Goldberg, Herself (D-NY), etc. 

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies