What makes you Dem/Repub/Indep? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:53:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What makes you Dem/Repub/Indep? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What makes you Dem/Repub/Indep?  (Read 43589 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: January 06, 2005, 07:44:59 AM »

I vote against the people the religious vote for.  Simple.

I still find it amazing that reasonable people could stay in the GOP, tainted as it is by hate and intolerance.   
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 02:21:20 PM »

A lot of religious people vote Democratic as well

Yes, alas politics is a sorry business of compromise. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 04:19:57 PM »

What does reasonable mean? People that agree with you?

Yeah, people who agree with me on individual freedoms.  People who mind their own business and have respect for others privacy - like Bullmoose, WalterMitty, Htmldon - and Chaffee/Snowe/Collins/Specter.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 04:21:57 PM »

No, you're religious right.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 04:24:29 PM »

I still find it amazing that reasonable people could stay in the GOP, tainted as it is by hate and intolerance.   

I don't know who you're talking about, but give em a break...you only jumped ship a couple months ago.

For everyone one of the reasonable people that leaves, the GOP moves further and further right. Personally, I think an even distribution of reasonable people between the 2 parties is the best solution, not a high concentration in one party and low in the other.

I'm sorry Bullmoose - I have a lot of respect for the vestiges of the decent GOP.  People like Chaffee, Snowe, Collins, and Specter are of course better than most Democrats.  Still, I think it a mistake to believe you can influence the religious party from such a small minority position.  Besides, I just feel cleaner being disassociated from those haters.  You should try it, its a great relief.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 04:46:04 PM »

You said respect for people's private lives. Well, I don't care about anyone's private life.

Sure you do - you're an advocate of oppressing homosexuals and pregnant women, for a start.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 05:43:35 AM »

I am a Republican, because the Republican party is the only party to stand up to those bloody murderous harlots~yes, those women who support and or have had abortions!
That hellish practice will end once our beloved President is able to put Scalia or Thomas in the driver's seat of the Supreme Court, and another Ultra-Conservative S.C.J. \

Glory, Glory, Halleluiah!  What a day that will be!

Funny post, but you do realize that about half the population over here actually believes this kind of crap?  I suppose it seems funny if you have a British passport.. but for those of us stuck with the sinking ship, it is hard to laugh.  Thanks for trying though - I did chuckle a bit.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies