Northeast Gubernatorial Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:38:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Gubernatorial Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who do you support for governor (NE residents only)?
Jerseyrules

Napoleon

Rowan

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Northeast Gubernatorial Debate  (Read 2931 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: February 02, 2012, 07:40:21 PM »

This must be a one on one debate.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 08:13:02 PM »

U sure?  What about Rowan?  He deserves representation too, IMO

I disagree and will not participate in a debate with him.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:16:42 PM »

I am not at all interested in debating him after being told about his record as Governor.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 08:24:23 PM »

No; nonserious candidates don't belong in serious debates.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »

Sorry. I am a firm no and will not be discussing it further. I find it a poor investment of my time and a disservice to my constituents, who don't want to see this race turn into a spectacle.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:34:40 PM »

The only chance of myself and Rowan debating together relies on Cincinnatus moderating.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 08:36:57 PM »

I agree Oakvale. When Polnut appointed him GM, he had to remove his name from consideration after it was revealed (by Kal, I think) that his record as Governor was one of chaos.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »

Rowan has no campaign to speak of. What is there to debate?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 08:39:49 PM »

Lincoln-Douglas is a two candidate debate format, which was my intention, as only two candidates are campaigning. If there is to be a three candidate debate, we'd have to convince The People's Paper to moderate.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 08:44:57 PM »

I'd rather have a moderated debate to keep it on track. Three candidates in LD format is extremely hectic, if not impossible.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 08:48:22 PM »

Huh?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 08:56:02 PM »

Is it just us two? I may be open to discussing the Rowan debate later, but he isn't here right now and we have no moderator.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 09:09:30 PM »

This race is assured to be the most important regional election held since I joined Atlasia. There is a decision to be made that will have a long lasting impact on the region. I am running to bring about a Regional Renaissance, having authored and fought to pass a new, cleaner and more effective Constitution to get the balling. I have a history in this region and I'm tested. I offer experience, ideas, and unity.

I was a low key Representative at one point. That all changed when I saw the consequences of electing an untested, unknown Governor had. When Northeasterners put ideology ahead of experience and competence, I was sparked to step in and make a difference. Atlasian of all political stripes, including Homelycooking, 20RP12, and Cincinnatus, were brought together for the purpose of building a better region. While I respect my opponent's enthusiasm, I know that I am the only candidate able to rekindle this spirit.

I worked as a close advisor to friends and former Governors Winfield and Snowstalker. I know what it takes to run this region and I intend to lead by example.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 09:38:01 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2012, 09:41:57 PM by Senator Napoleon »

I've worked across party lines to create policies that benefit Northeastern families, workers, students, and citizens altogether. I brought federal funding for job creating and growth spurring high speed rail, also helping to conserve energy and the environment in the process. I created a federal plan to make education policy globally-sound, paving the way for our posterity's prosperity. I've fought on behalf for your civil liberties and will continues that. I will review every law we have on the books and keep the good policies, fix the flawed policies, and repeal the failed policies. I will continue being an advocate for a better future as Governor. I truly care about this region.

The Northeast needs a leader who is ready on day one. My opponent says he is against unfair taxation, yet his tax proposals saddle workers with even more income taxes than mine does. That is not fair at all.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 10:50:07 PM »

I think 30% is too high and I think 10% is too high. I don't support saddling workers with the burden of excessive income taxation. This has been my platform the entire campaign. You have no right to accuse me of lying.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 11:04:20 PM »

As a former Speaker, I have an excellent understanding of how the legislature works and how to get bills passed. We need revenue, eliminating taxation altogether is a silly and unrealistic proposal. I will take a more pragmatic approach, and I will rescue this region from financial collapse without stunting economic growth.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 11:06:05 PM »

So...  Who is moderating this debate?..

No one, strangely enough.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 11:10:24 PM »

So...  Who is moderating this debate?..

Lincoln Douglas.  See, Napoleon, I told you we could be civil in Lincoln-Douglas. Wink

I was always up for a one on one debate.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 07:29:01 AM »

You can say that all you want but it doesn't erase the fact that many of us remember the disaster following an election where ideology and party affiliation were the only factors contributing to the candidate's victory. My experience, competence and creativity are certainly more valuable to the future of this region than simple ideology. Voters who want to see this region flourish once again can take comfort in knowing that I will set a new standard for the Governor's office. If elected, I will be more prepared for this job than any Governor since, I suppose, AndrewCT (although I guess he is Governor now too). Throughout my terms as Senator I've remained in close touch with regional government. I've been involved consistently but I'm ready to do more.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 05:42:47 PM »

You were also forced to remove your name from consideration due to an abysmal track record.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 07:06:06 PM »

I'm proposing reforms to promote activity, reforms to how the legislature works, reform to how tax and budget policies work, and you want to talk about abortion? Okay...where do you stand on abortion, Representative?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 07:06:31 PM »

I'm proposing reforms to promote activity, reforms to how the legislature works, reform to how tax and budget policies work, and you want to talk about abortion? Okay...where do you stand on abortion, Representative?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 07:20:08 PM »

All that does is tie our hands and prevent us from effectively managing economic circumstances. That's too extreme for an environmentally conscious, business-friendly region. The chance of the legislature passing a pro-life bill is 0%.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 07:24:30 PM »

Has that policy ever worked?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »

Care to provide any evidence for your claims?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies