HI-Civil Beat/Merriman River Group: Both Democrats ahead of Lingle
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:12:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  HI-Civil Beat/Merriman River Group: Both Democrats ahead of Lingle
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HI-Civil Beat/Merriman River Group: Both Democrats ahead of Lingle  (Read 797 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2012, 06:38:23 AM »

46% Case
33% Lingle

46% Hirono
39% Lingle

ABOUT THE POLL: Civil Beat surveyed 1,358 likely voters on Jan. 18 and 19 using interactive voice response technology (touch-tone polling). The sampling margin of error is +/- 2.7 percentage points. The margin of error indicates that in 95 percent of samples of this size, the results will be within +/- 2.7 percent of the actual percentage in the full population of voters. The poll was weighted for age, gender and likelihood of voting. The order of candidate names was randomized. The poll was conducted by Civil Beat working with Merriman River Group, a full-service consulting organization specializing in election management, opinion research and communication.

http://www.civilbeat.com/articles/2012/01/31/14721-civil-beat-poll-lingle-trails-both-democratic-us-senate-candidates
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 07:52:14 AM »

If Ed Case wins the primary, I'll probably support Lingle.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 09:22:24 AM »

How can we trust any Hawaii polls given that it's near-impossible to poll with any accuracy? I certainly don't believe that Case would outperform Hirono. Nor do I understand the Case hate- he's only slightly less liberal than Hirono. The difference is that he's an anti-machinist and Hirono is an Inouyebot.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 10:56:41 AM »

Database entry: https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/SENATE/2012/polls.php?action=indpoll&id=15120120119106
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 05:33:42 PM »

Hawaii is like Alaska. Just add ten points to the Democratic (or Republican, in Alaska's case) candidate and that's the real result.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 06:32:42 PM »

How can we trust any Hawaii polls given that it's near-impossible to poll with any accuracy? I certainly don't believe that Case would outperform Hirono. Nor do I understand the Case hate- he's only slightly less liberal than Hirono. The difference is that he's an anti-machinist and Hirono is an Inouyebot.

The anti-Case people are probably more upset at the way he's obsessed with running for and remaining in office and his boneheaded primary challenge, but I agree supporting Lingle over him is absurd.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies