Newt to withdraw tomorrow? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:06:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Newt to withdraw tomorrow? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newt to withdraw tomorrow?  (Read 6271 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 04, 2012, 06:59:26 PM »

Hopefully this will just be some stunt to draw attention away from Romney's blowout.

"Hey look over here, I could be throwing in the towel!" would be the world's worst campaign diversion tactic.

Then again, this is the Newt Gingrich campaign.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 01:13:06 AM »

I really don't get why the Romney bots are so insistent upon every one else conceding to "inevitability" if they truly think Mitt is a good candidate.  A lengthy primary campaign most certainly did not hurt Obama in 2008.  If anything, it helped him by enabling him to build up a tested campaign structure in many states for the fall instead of a few early ones.  It also would give Romney's campaign a chance to try out different messages of why people should vote for Romney to see what is effective.  He'll need more than mud being slung by his Super PAC come the general election.

I agree.  Especially in a year when there is an anti-incumbent vote that can be more easily focused; and a group of people who need to be identified and catered to (Paul supporters and ardent anti-Mitters), I really don't buy the "long-term primary campaign hurts Mitt Romney" line.

Then again, I completely buy the idea that Mitt Romney has hurt Mitt Romney during the primaries by being Mitt Romney.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies