MN and CO PrimR- PPP: Santorum leading by 2 in MN, Romney by 14 in CO in 1st day
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:50:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  MN and CO PrimR- PPP: Santorum leading by 2 in MN, Romney by 14 in CO in 1st day
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: MN and CO PrimR- PPP: Santorum leading by 2 in MN, Romney by 14 in CO in 1st day  (Read 5025 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2012, 03:14:10 PM »

Rick with a "clear lead" in Missouri.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2012, 03:31:36 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2012, 03:33:56 PM by Mr. Morden »

PPP is releasing new numbers tonight, Mittens possibly running third in MN

How would they already know that for a poll being conducted tonight?  Do they actually poll during the day on a weekday?

I think it's based on Sunday night's numbers. The polling in the OP is from Saturday night.

They said they weren't going to poll on Super Bowl Sunday.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/02/colorado-and-minnesota-republican-poll-question-suggestions.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2012, 04:17:38 PM »

The best thing about this poll: PPP didn't underestimate Romney in NV, so they should be accurate again.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2012, 04:32:21 PM »

Actually, a win by Paul might give him momentum to win a few other caucuses (the Dakotas, Alaska, Montana, and Washington are his best shots), and at least win delegates in some other states.

A win by Santorum might enable him to briefly emerge as the anti-Romney. My sense at this point is that if Santorum, Newt, and Paul can all stay in long enough, this thing might still go to the convention.

This.  The reason a win in Maine or anywhere else by Paul is relevant is because he's on the scoreboard that matters.  Right now, he's a really succesful boutique candidate.  Santorum is, conversely, an unsuccessful mainstream candidate.  That said, and before Phil jumps all over me with various Paul-oriented epithets (I'm not nearly as big of a Paul supporter as Phil might think, by the way), a win by Santorum in any state will give him new momentum.  I think Gingrich will be very hard-pressed to stay in after a Santorum state win, his ego notwithstanding.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »

I'm sure Gingrich will be happy that Romney's inevitability shield has another crack in it even if he's not the person who puts the crack in it. He will wait for Super Tuesday. There have been so many ups and downs in this thing, I can't see why he wouldn't.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies