Latin American nations take a look at sanctioning Great Britain (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:39:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Latin American nations take a look at sanctioning Great Britain (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Latin American nations take a look at sanctioning Great Britain  (Read 5512 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« on: February 07, 2012, 11:53:42 AM »

The obvious solution is for the British to sell the island (for free while buying out the settlers) to the Tehuelche who then would prevent all Argentine access to the Islands and declare them an independent state. Obvious solution really.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 12:24:08 PM »

The obvious solution is for the British to sell the island (for free while buying out the settlers) to the Tehuelche who then would prevent all Argentine access to the Islands and declare them an independent state. Obvious solution really.

I would be more in favor of the indigenous people of Argentina kicking the whites out of Argentina and relegating them to the Falklands.

Kicking indigenous people out of the country and relegating them to some island that has nothing to do with them, sounds pretty whack.

That, of course, would be the ideal solution. But do we really want Western Europe and North America to be full of Argentine refugees? Most Spaniards find them near insufferable as it is...
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 01:57:24 PM »

My solution would be slightly different. Get everyone out of the islands and then nuke the friggin things. Maybe if they are rendered uninhabitable for 100 years we'll get lucky and the issue will be put to rest Grin

Considering the Tehuelches and the Mapuches got almost 10.000 hectares of land given by the Santa Cruz government a few months ago, I doubt they'd be interested in moving to the Falklands Tongue

And no, the other solution of the whites leaving isn't to my satisfaction either since I have no interest of going either to the islands or to Spain (primarily because they dub every damn movie and it annoys me greatly). And North America? Ugh, no thanks.

Though I would support evicting everyone form the islands, making some kind of concentration camp and then imprision every politician and sports journalist we have. That would be cool too Cheesy

That, of course, is a most excellent point. Perhaps there is some use for prison-camp after all (though I suggest that is what we should use South Georgia for...)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies