_TOP SECRET_ Texas 2006 info
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:21:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  _TOP SECRET_ Texas 2006 info
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: _TOP SECRET_ Texas 2006 info  (Read 6717 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2005, 02:30:34 AM »

Badnarik might make a good Texas governor, but if I were him, Alex Jones would be the last person I would want running my campaign.  While Jones may make a good point once in a while, he's rather loudmouthed and he'd lose a lot of potential votes by scaring them with talk about the Illuminati.  As for Papa Bush, I don't think he'd be that great a choice.  While he does have name recognition, he's not the Texan George W. Bush is.  The senior Bush was born in Massachusetts, spend a good deal of time in the New England area, and in Washington D.C.  He doesn't have nearly the southern folksy appeal, or the charm, or accent W does.  When running for prez, in the '88 election, he only got about 55% of Texas, and in '92 he only got 40%.  Granted, Ross Perot was also a Texan, but compare it to W who got far more of the Texas vote.
M

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2005, 02:34:32 AM »

The buzz I here is that Kay Bailey Hutchison and Carol Keaton Strayhorn both want the governor's spot, but Strayhorn may defer to Kay Bailey and run against Dewhurst for Lt Governor, actually the more powerful position anyway. In such a GOP primary, I'm definitely supporting the ladies.

The Dems are dead in the water for now, and even in Texas we're not crazy enough to elect a third party governor. Yet.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2005, 02:38:32 AM »

If Hutchinson decides to run for Governor, who is the front runner to take her Senate seat? I've seen that Congressman Bonilla is a possible candidate. What are his chances at winning the nomination?
M

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2005, 01:28:49 PM »

The Senate seat would be wide open. Bonilla makes a lot of sense, but DeLay and his faction want to hijack the state, and there are plenty of others out for personal glory. We'll have to see how that gears up.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2005, 02:21:11 PM »

The Senate seat would be wide open. Bonilla makes a lot of sense, but DeLay and his faction want to hijack the state, and there are plenty of others out for personal glory. We'll have to see how that gears up.

Possibly, but Bonilla has historically been a good, strong conservative in his seat and I think if he ran there wouldn't be much challenge, even from the DeLay wing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2005, 02:49:34 PM »

Possibly, but Bonilla has historically been a good, strong conservative in his seat and I think if he ran there wouldn't be much challenge, even from the DeLay wing.

Awesome. Go Bonilla!
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2005, 03:09:33 PM »

Awesome. Go Bonilla!

quiet with you bonilla stuff please hutchinson is much better
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2005, 03:16:54 PM »

Awesome. Go Bonilla!

Hutchinson is fine but since she's running for Governor, why not voice my support for a conservative like Bonilla?
TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2005, 03:51:38 PM »

It would definantely be Bonilla who would grab hold of Hutchinson's Senate seat. I wouldn't mind Hutchinson as governor but Strayhorn is high on my list only because she bangs heads with Rick Perry who I don't much like.

If Bonilla runs for the seat, assuming Hutchinson runs for governor, he'll easily win and may even bring more Hispanics over to the GOP which is a growing trend in Texas. During the 2004 election Bush even carried a border county, Cameron County, which usually votes strong Democratic.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2005, 04:06:36 PM »

Awesome. Go Bonilla!

Hutchinson is fine but since she's running for Governor, why not voice my support for a conservative like Bonilla?

Sorry didnt realize you were talking about the senate seat, yes go him in that race
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2005, 02:45:38 PM »

Bonilla almost got beat in 2002.  He has a much safer seat now, but as an open seat, maybe not so.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2005, 02:51:05 PM »

Sounds like the same old Alex Jones...why didn't he endorse Constitution instead?
The Constitution Party candidate was a write-in candidate in Texas.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies