The CO, MN & MO Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:27:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The CO, MN & MO Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23
Author Topic: The CO, MN & MO Results Thread  (Read 38270 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: February 07, 2012, 11:07:11 PM »

I admire these candidates, whether I support them or not, for traveling across the country for two straight years or more, spending very little time at home with their families, standing up for what they believe.  If I tried to do that, I would have passed out after the 2nd week.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #276 on: February 07, 2012, 11:11:01 PM »

CNN is trying to dismiss Paul as usual but he put in a very solid performance in Minnesota.

And he kicked Romney's ass! Good for him.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #277 on: February 07, 2012, 11:11:18 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The loss in MN hurts his 'Obama' base. With SC to Gingrich, IA, MO and MN to Santorum - we are looking at the following.

MS, AR, LA, TX, MS, GA, AL, NC, VA, TN, KY, WV, OH, WI, ND, SD, KA, OK, NE, IL, IN, OH, PA are gone.

That's a buttload of EVs.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #278 on: February 07, 2012, 11:11:33 PM »

Paul: "You guys can take your non-binding democracy and shove it!  We're gonna troll the f**k out of the convention! ON TO MAINE!"

I love this man.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #279 on: February 07, 2012, 11:12:59 PM »

Also, TX is gone as well. Depending on what comes out of Colorado - we'll have a better idea of MT, WY, ID, and yes, AZ and NM.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #280 on: February 07, 2012, 11:14:47 PM »

God dammit, Colorado! Count your votes!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #281 on: February 07, 2012, 11:16:06 PM »

Ha, I just got a tweet from CNN saying that a Romney campaign source confirmed he called Santorum to congratulate but did not connect.  He left a message.
Stan
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #282 on: February 07, 2012, 11:17:44 PM »

Why Colorado is so slow?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #283 on: February 07, 2012, 11:18:03 PM »

Paul: "You guys can take your non-binding democracy and shove it!  We're gonna troll the f**k out of the convention! ON TO MAINE!"

I love this man.

He is truly after the hearts of those of us who enjoy chaos.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #284 on: February 07, 2012, 11:19:03 PM »

Ha, I just got a tweet from CNN saying that a Romney campaign source confirmed he called Santorum to congratulate but did not connect.  He left a message.

That is the story tonight.  Romney's failure to connect.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #285 on: February 07, 2012, 11:20:08 PM »

Ha, I just got a tweet from CNN saying that a Romney campaign source confirmed he called Santorum to congratulate but did not connect.  He left a message.

That is the story tonight.  Romney's failure to connect.

Burrrnnnn...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #286 on: February 07, 2012, 11:20:22 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2012, 11:22:39 PM by Politico »

Open primaries/caucuses are a joke. Why would you let Democrats participate in a Republican presidential primary/caucus, especially in a year when the Democratic incumbent is running unopposed? That does not even make sense.

I'm going to bed. When I wake up, Colorado will either be in the Romney column, or we're going to have to annihilate Santorum's campaign too. There is no way to stop Romney, and this is only helping Obama's chances...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #287 on: February 07, 2012, 11:20:48 PM »

Another vote dump in CO. Santorum takes a big lead!
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #288 on: February 07, 2012, 11:21:10 PM »

We just voted. My precinct didn't even vote until 8:15 despite sign in beginning at 6 and the vote supposed to start at 7. A majority of the precincts went "super caucus" this year and did all the candidate speeches together and then either broke up into precincts and continued through payments and voting and selection of delegates or did that in a big group. The point is it isn't the counting that's slow, it is the fact that the results are just getting in.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #289 on: February 07, 2012, 11:21:29 PM »

In Colorado 26% of the vote is in.

Santorum: 42%
Romney: 31%
Gingrich: 15%
Paul: 12%
Stan
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #290 on: February 07, 2012, 11:22:16 PM »

We just voted. My precinct didn't even vote until 8:15 despite sign in beginning at 6 and the vote supposed to start at 7. A majority of the precincts went "super caucus" this year and did all the candidate speeches together and then either broke up into precincts and continued through payments and voting and selection of delegates or did that in a big group. The point is it isn't the counting that's slow, it is the fact that the results are just getting in.

Wink Thanks for info...sorry if I'm look a little impatient, but now in Italy is 5.22 am and I start to be tired.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #291 on: February 07, 2012, 11:22:27 PM »

I'm going to bed. When I wake up, Colorado will either be in the Romney column, or we're going to have to nuke the  out of Santorum's campaign too.

I hate this "not a team player" attitude. Attack ads used during the primaries can only harm the chances of the successful candidate in the general.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2012, 11:23:06 PM »

Santorum winning Adams and the SE and southern I-25. This is a bad night for Romney. Santorum might win all the Hispanic counties and he's competitive in the metro area! Bye bye Romney Cheesy unless boulder come in for you heavy. Santorum focussed his campaigning in the north, Weld and Larimer.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #293 on: February 07, 2012, 11:23:49 PM »

Open primaries/caucuses are a joke. Why would you let Democrats participate in a Republican presidential primary/caucus, especially in a year when the Democratic incumbent is running unopposed? That does not even make sense.

I'm going to bed. When I wake up, Colorado will either be in the Romney column, or we're going to have to annihilate Santorum's campaign too. There is no way to stop Romney, and this is only helping Obama's chances...

You mad, bro?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #294 on: February 07, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »

Wow, I'm calling CO for Santorum. That's amazing.
cavalcade

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

« Reply #295 on: February 07, 2012, 11:24:37 PM »

A lot of that is wannabe Kansas though.

Edit: Spoke too soon, Santorum leads in Adams County.  That should pretty much finish it.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #296 on: February 07, 2012, 11:24:59 PM »

Wink Thanks for info...sorry if I'm look a little impatient, but now in Italy is 5.22 am and I start to be tired.
I can imagine, its 11:30 where I am and I'm already impatient.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #297 on: February 07, 2012, 11:25:52 PM »

There is no way that Democrats could give Santorum a 30 point win in MO. Mittens has big problems with real Midwest folk, just like Southern folk. And unless he does something soon, he is going to loose this primary and big. I just pray it is to Santorum and not to Newt.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #298 on: February 07, 2012, 11:26:32 PM »

A lot of that is wannabe Kansas though.

True, Romney could still win decently with solid showings in the Denver area and wannabe Utah.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2012, 11:26:45 PM »

I can imagine, its 11:30 where I am and I'm already impatient.

We've never done it this way before, but it is more efficient so the congressional and state candidates can talk to everyone at once instead of going precinct by precinct fast enough before precincts adjourn.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies