The CO, MN & MO Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:18:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The CO, MN & MO Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The CO, MN & MO Results Thread  (Read 38434 times)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: February 08, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »

We're still waiting on Colorado Springs to come in.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:40:45 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2012, 12:49:01 AM by Bacon King, VP »

Source?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 12:46:46 AM »

Inks, where are you seeing these results?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 12:57:09 AM »

People self-identifying as Mittbots is a new idea.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 01:27:15 AM »

What was the final turnout in both Minnesota and Colorado compared to 2008? Anyone know?

Absolutely dire.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 01:40:04 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2012, 01:42:07 AM by Nathan »

What was the final turnout in both Minnesota and Colorado compared to 2008? Anyone know?

Absolutely dire.

Nonsense.

Colorado's 2012 vote was 94% of the 2008 vote.  Minnesota's 2012 results aren't all in, but they will likely be worse than that, probably somewhere in the mid 80s.

In that case there was much worse turnout than I seem to have remembered from 2008. It's still bad, considering what the narrative about the political climate of the country was until recently.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 01:54:16 PM »

The odd thing is that policy-wise Obama isn't extreme at all but discourse-wise he's painted as extreme because the American political culture has created a false consciousness that tends to be very far to the right of what people actually want when polled honestly on the issues. I think at one point something like a third of all opposition to Obamacare was from the left.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »

The odd thing is that policy-wise Obama isn't extreme at all but discourse-wise he's painted as extreme because the American political culture has created a false consciousness that tends to be very far to the right of what people actually want when polled honestly on the issues. I think at one point something like a third of all opposition to Obamacare was from the left.

IMO, 10% of the population on the left is extreme.  As are about 15% or so on the right.  The rest of us get along with each other just fine.

Well, yes, but my point was that Obama's policy proposals divorced from how they're spun and rhetoricalized really aren't outside the American mainstream at all.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 04:28:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What evidence do you have that Romney has coattails? From where I sit - the conservatives did better in '10 by expressing conservative principles. It would seem to me that Romney would depress turnout in the downballot races.

Independents and Democrats traditionally come out in stronger force for presidential elections compared to midterms. If we turn off independents by nominating Santorum, or especially Gingrich, we're in for huge downballot losses. All signs point towards Romney being the least likely to lose independents, and especially female voters. Females like Mitt's appearance, background, and overall presence. These females are going to decide which way things go this election. We are best off giving them what they want deep down inside: A good-looking, tall guy. Psychologists have looked into this. Romney is the best hope.

Oh, so you're not just a Romney hack - you're also a misogynistic prick. Good to know.

Are you denying that women, in general, are biologically hardwired to prefer tall, handsome men? Let's be objective here...

I'm certainly denying that.

At most, they're sociologically hardwired to do so.

It should be mentioned that Obama is also a tall, handsome man.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies