Did Democrats Carry Out "Operation Backdoor" in Missouri and Minnesota...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:10:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Did Democrats Carry Out "Operation Backdoor" in Missouri and Minnesota...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Did Democrats Carry Out "Operation Backdoor" in Missouri and Minnesota...  (Read 8811 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:23:59 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2012, 10:40:25 PM by Politico »

...to get more people to Google the term "Santorum"? Do they get that much of a kick out of horrifying people with that silly meme?

It's strange how Romney and Gingrich are trailing Paul and Santorum, especially in comparison to the expected trend in Colorado. Unlike the closed caucus of Colorado, Missouri and Minnesota are open to all registered voters, which does not make a lot of sense really. I am going to blame the open caucus, and T-Paw for being an epic fail.

I expect Romney to win Colorado because it is closed only to Republicans.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:28:32 PM »

Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 10:29:38 PM »

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

This guy has been running for president for over six years and he can't seal the deal. Priceless.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 10:31:20 PM »

The base hates your candidate. So much that they're coming out in droves for a guy that lost his last election by 18 points. Deal with it.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 10:31:51 PM »

Blame your own guy, not the Democrats.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 10:32:37 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2012, 10:35:15 PM by Politico »

I am calling shenanigans by Democrats here, especially after seeing the glee from Obama fanatics who want to turn all of America into Detroit. Very good job, but once the secret plans start leaking it is going to help Romney, especially if we can get it on record that some immature Democrats intentionally voted for Santorum because they think the Santorum Internet meme is hilarious...

Colorado will be the tell-tale sign, of course. The dirt always comes out in the wash...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 10:35:01 PM »

stop trollin bro
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 10:35:24 PM »

I admit, it was all me, I got 80000 Missourians to vote for Santorum because of Google.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 10:35:54 PM »

The only people trolling today are Democrats in Missouri and Minnesota. It will be hilarious how much this will help Romney, especially among Independents, after we out whomever is behind this.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 10:37:26 PM »

I don't see what the conspiracy is. People google Santorum, which makes them vote for him how?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 10:38:06 PM »

The only people trolling today are Democrats in Missouri and Minnesota. It will be hilarious how much this will help Romney, especially among Independents, after we out whomever is behind this.

Oh dear...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 10:39:01 PM »

I don't see what the conspiracy is. People google Santorum, which makes them vote for him how?

No, Democrats voted for Santorum because they wanted to disrupt Romney's road to victory with the added benefit of giving Santorum publicity again. Why would they want that? These sick puppies get a kick out of unwitting voters, especially seniors, becoming horrified by what they find when they do a Google search of Santorum...
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 10:42:35 PM »

No, Democrats voted for Santorum because they wanted to disrupt Romney's road to victory with the added benefit of giving Santorum publicity again. Why would they want that? These sick puppies get a kick out of unwitting voters, especially seniors, becoming horrified by what they find when they do a Google search of Santorum...
Why can't Republicans like Santorum?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 10:43:50 PM »

If you aren't an Obama operative... you need help, I'm sure the Paulites have enough tin-foil left over from their hats to help you out.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 10:46:15 PM »

Oh Jesus Christ on the cross... are you for serious?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 10:47:21 PM »

If they did, they are a lot more competent than the Republican party, and hence deserve to win the 2012 elections.
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 10:53:24 PM »

RomneyBot 0.9 wasn't programmed with a routine for dealing with losses, it seems. I guess it needs bugs worked out before hitting 1.0.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 10:53:47 PM »

Why can't Republicans like Santorum?

Obviously a number of Republicans like Santorum, too, but these numbers are nuts, especially in comparison to Colorado and the previous closed contests.

Nobody did exit polling either to confirm what kind of hipsters came out of Missouri/Minnesota.

The dirt will come out in the wash. Shenanigans definitely happened. T-Paw is not that much of an epic fail...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 10:54:28 PM »

Just one question snowy...

Where were YOU during the caucus tonight? Angry

Apparently doing something involving backdoors and Santorum and something else.  I'm not the best person to ask.  Politico would know.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 10:55:33 PM »

Just one question snowy...

Where were YOU during the caucus tonight? Angry

Participating in the Republican caucus is where he and the rest of the young, hardcore Minnesota Democrats were at. What a joke an open caucus is...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 10:57:20 PM »

Participating in the Republican caucus is where he and the rest of the young, hardcore Minnesota Democrats were at. What a joke an open caucus is...

Those fuzzy math polls you don't believe in were predicting this all weekend.  Of course, if they were true, that means your candidate is finished regardless.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 11:00:07 PM »

Yes, T-Paw is that much of an epic fail. He seriously is.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 11:02:17 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2012, 11:04:08 PM by Politico »

Those fuzzy math polls you don't believe in were predicting this all weekend.  Of course, if they were true, that means your candidate is finished regardless.

No serious polling on Missouri or Minnesota was done. Not even internally. The networks didn't even bother with exit polling because the contests mean so little.

The shenanigans will leak eventually. I remember when Republicans played this game in 2008 to mess with Clinton ("Operation Chaos"). Why do the parties still have open caucuses/primaries, anyway? What an odd setup. In order to participate in the Republican (Democratic) primary/caucus for your state, you should have to be a registered Republican/Independent (Democrat/Independent) on January 1.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 11:04:19 PM »

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 11:05:56 PM »

No serious polling on Missouri or Minnesota was done. Not even internally. The networks didn't even bother with exit polling because the contests mean so little.

What on earth is "serious polling"?  Did PPP just decide to make up their numbers here and here.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies