CNN's Crossfire to be canceled.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:28:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CNN's Crossfire to be canceled.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CNN's Crossfire to be canceled.  (Read 4284 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 06, 2005, 11:20:02 PM »

This is a sad day. One of my favorite shows will be canceled soon and now Tucker Carlson, one of my favorite political commentators, has left the show. One of America's greatest political debate shows will be no more.  Sad   

The worst thing about this: I found out from the Daily Show.

Word is Carlson might get a show on MSNBC so there's some good news.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 11:22:15 PM »

I will miss impossible-to-understand yelling by loathesome, slimy people.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 11:23:53 PM »

I will miss impossible-to-understand yelling by loathesome, slimy people.

Yeah...I'll miss Carville and Begala too believe it or not.  Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 11:25:22 PM »

Did you ever see the episode of Crossfire that had Jon Stewart on as a guest?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 11:26:15 PM »

This all stems from Jon Stewart's relentless bashing of Crossfire while he was appearing on...Crossfire.  Ahhhh, what a great moment that was!
bushforever
bushwillwin

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 11:29:27 PM »

I always hated Crossfire.  Thank you Comcast for recently putting in Fox News, as I have been watching Hannity & Colmes and Bill O'Reilly the past six months instead.  No more liberal CNN shows.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 11:36:42 PM »

Did you ever see the episode of Crossfire that had Jon Stewart on as a guest?

No but I've heard about it. The crowd at the Daily Show kept cheering when Stewart was announcing it as he smiled. Cancelling Crossfire is not a laughing matter.  Sad
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 11:37:53 PM »

This is a sad day. One of my favorite shows will be canceled soon and now Tucker Carlson, one of my favorite political commentators, has left the show. One of America's greatest political debate shows will be no more.  Sad   

What's so bad about the Daily Show?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 11:38:34 PM »

I always hated Crossfire.  Thank you Comcast for recently putting in Fox News, as I have been watching Hannity & Colmes and Bill O'Reilly the past six months instead.  No more liberal CNN shows.
Now you have Conservaitve Fox shows. Enjoy the brainwashing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 11:40:10 PM »

Well the obvious liberal bias is annoying but I don't think it's bad. Usually pretty funny. I just didn't want to hear it from them since a) it is known that Stewart really dislikes one of the hosts of Crossfire and b) I like to get serious news like that from a serious news channel.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 11:43:35 PM »

Well the obvious liberal bias is annoying but I don't think it's bad. Usually pretty funny. I just didn't want to hear it from them since a) it is known that Stewart really dislikes one of the hosts of Crossfire and b) I like to get serious news like that from a serious news channel.

They only make fun of the GOP because the GOP is in power. Maybe if the GOP people would actually go on that show Stewart'd be nicer to the Republicans. Does it matter where you get it?
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 11:45:30 PM »

No, CNN is brainwashing, thank you.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2005, 11:46:00 PM »

Crossfire too oft deluded into a pissing contest between the opposing sides.  I didn't see much debate or free exchange or ideas as name calling and scandal mongering.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2005, 11:49:44 PM »

I see zero rabid liberals with their hour-long own shows on CNN.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2005, 11:55:16 PM »

Wolf Blitzer, Paula Zahn, Larry King, Anderson Cooper......I do.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2005, 11:55:36 PM »

They only make fun of the GOP because the GOP is in power. Maybe if the GOP people would actually go on that show Stewart'd be nicer to the Republicans. Does it matter where you get it?

Stewart favors the Dems, that's for sure (he did endorse Kerry), but he gives them a pretty hard time, too.  Yesterday's episode on the first day of the 109th Congress was hilarious.  He announced the GOP lineup in all the fashion of a Vegas boxing match, and then said, "but look out, 'cause HERE COME THE DEMOCRATS!"  Then it showed video of a clown car with all the clowns piling out.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2005, 11:57:17 PM »

I have never seen those people intimidate guests, scream at people to shut up, etc.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2005, 11:58:34 PM »

Stewart favors the Dems, that's for sure (he did endorse Kerry), but he gives them a pretty hard time, too.  Yesterday's episode on the first day of the 109th Congress was hilarious.  He announced the GOP lineup in all the fashion of a Vegas boxing match, and then said, "but look out, 'cause HERE COME THE DEMOCRATS!"  Then it showed video of a clown car with all the clowns piling out.

Well, Stewart is Jewish, so it's not surprising. I saw that, it was kind of depressing. Then they started talking about Barack the savior.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2005, 11:59:22 PM »

Well, Stewart is Jewish, so it's not surprising. I saw that, it was kind of depressing. Then they started talking about Barack the savior.

HAHA - yes - with a total legislative experience of...16 hours.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2005, 11:59:44 PM »

I have never seen those people intimidate guests, scream at people to shut up, etc.

Intimidate guests...are you kidding.
Maybe not scream, but oh well.

Oh, I forgot Lou Dobbs.  He's screamed at plenty of people.  He's also the biggest intimidator.  His show is nothing but economic isolationism now.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2005, 12:00:44 AM »

Perhaps they are more sophisicated and stealthy in their bias.  They are latently partisan and you have to pay attention to see their bias.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2005, 12:01:02 AM »

HAHA - yes - with a total legislative experience of...16 hours.

And will Dennis Hastert be the next Bill Clinton?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2005, 12:02:28 AM »

Perhaps they are more sophisicated and stealthy in their bias.  They are latently partisan and you have to pay attention to see their bias.

At least they have even guest numbers. Hannity and Colmes will put up Ann Coulter against a Democratic State Senator or something of the sort. And have you ever watched Scarborough Country? That is not fair and balanced.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2005, 12:06:53 AM »

At least they have even guest numbers. Hannity and Colmes will put up Ann Coulter against a Democratic State Senator or something of the sort. And have you ever watched Scarborough Country? That is not fair and balanced.

Well shouldn't someone in government be more powerful than a political writer??  I also like when they bring on that female who worked for Dukakis and that black democratic rep or whatever with the raspy voice from New York.  They make them sound like such dopes when they put them on.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2005, 12:07:50 AM »

Stewart is actually a registered independent, but yes, he does have a left-leaning bias. And he does hate Crossfire (not just one of the hosts, too.) Personally, I get a lot of news from TDS.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies