Santorum is a lunatic, Part 10,568 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:16:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum is a lunatic, Part 10,568 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum is a lunatic, Part 10,568  (Read 12745 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: February 09, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »

The Christian Right is so 2004.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:56:36 PM »

I'll believe that anything other than a negligible amount of Catholics virtually anywhere use "natural family planning" when I see any evidence. I absolutely don't believe that for a second.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 08:45:05 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2012, 08:47:44 PM by Gingrich Agonistes »

Issues like this just prove that you right-winger fucks don't actually care about unemployment or people struggling to pay the bills or anything like that. Rather than save literally tens of millions of American women thousands of dollars on what can be prohibitively expensive medicine, you decide it's more important that employers be allowed to tell women what they can and cannot do with their own bodies based on the employer's religious beliefs!

Upwards of 90% of sexually-active, fertile women who do not want to become pregnant are practicing contraception. If Republicans keep pushing the views of a couple of right-wing bishops and conservatives stuck in the 1950s, they are going to get destroyed in November. You can't just demonize and attack every single group in this country that is not white Christian men and expect to win elections.

See, I thought anybody could buy condoms at the local 7/11. Dirt cheap, too. No prescription. And even more effective than the pill. And condoms actually prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS, unlike the pill. In the 21st century, condoms are really the only rational choice for anybody who chooses sex outside of a committed relationship, if not marriage.

Keep thinking you are re-igniting the "culture war" with this. This is no such thing. This is about you trying to shove more and more Big Government down everybody's throat. Enough is enough. The government does not have the right to tell religious institutions what to do. People are saying enough is enough because they know it will not stop unless a line is drawn in the sand. I know this offends your communist sensibilities, but deal with it.

But the Catholic Church is the enemy! It must be destroyed at all costs because religion is an outdated means to control the populace! No justice, No peace!

No-one's saying anything remotely like this. Huh

e: Just read Politico's latest terrible, terrible post. As I said a while back, Politico, you should be put in hack prison and given the death penalty.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 08:50:32 PM »

Issues like this just prove that you right-winger fucks don't actually care about unemployment or people struggling to pay the bills or anything like that. Rather than save literally tens of millions of American women thousands of dollars on what can be prohibitively expensive medicine, you decide it's more important that employers be allowed to tell women what they can and cannot do with their own bodies based on the employer's religious beliefs!

Upwards of 90% of sexually-active, fertile women who do not want to become pregnant are practicing contraception. If Republicans keep pushing the views of a couple of right-wing bishops and conservatives stuck in the 1950s, they are going to get destroyed in November. You can't just demonize and attack every single group in this country that is not white Christian men and expect to win elections.

See, I thought anybody could buy condoms at the local 7/11. Dirt cheap, too. No prescription. And even more effective than the pill. And condoms actually prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS, unlike the pill. In the 21st century, condoms are really the only rational choice for anybody who chooses sex outside of a committed relationship, if not marriage.

Keep thinking you are re-igniting the "culture war" with this. This is no such thing. This is about you trying to shove more and more Big Government down everybody's throat. Enough is enough. The government does not have the right to tell religious institutions what to do. People are saying enough is enough because they know it will not stop unless a line is drawn in the sand. I know this offends your communist sensibilities, but deal with it.

But the Catholic Church is the enemy! It must be destroyed at all costs because religion is an outdated means to control the populace! No justice, No peace!

No-one's saying anything remotely like this. Huh

e: Just read Politico's latest terrible, terrible post. As I said a while back, you should be put in hack prison and given the death penalty.

I'm sure I deserve no less!
Okay, maybe I'll use a little hyperbole for once tonight.

Apologies for the confusion, I edited my post to reflect that it's Politico who should be sent to maximum security Hack Prison, not you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies