Santorum is a lunatic, Part 10,568 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:32:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum is a lunatic, Part 10,568 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum is a lunatic, Part 10,568  (Read 12766 times)
Link
« on: February 09, 2012, 03:34:20 PM »

"My grandmother is a typical white person"

They all say dumb things sometimes... the guillotine comment was over the top but the rest of what he said was dead on

You mean the part about what's left is "a government telling you who you are what you'll do and when you'll do it."

But isn't that his whole campaign platform?  I will label you immoral and I will tell you who you can marry?
Link
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2012, 06:45:40 PM by Link »

Hrm? Given that Obama is forcing Catholics to pay for abortio...

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Let us know when you wish to rejoin the rest of us on planet earth.
Link
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 06:43:28 PM »

Birth control is used by 98% of Catholic women. This opposition to basic healthcare based on far-right old-fashioned ideas that the vast majority of the country disagrees with is disgusting. I hope Obama doesn't back down on this.

Be careful: The pendulum can swing the other way down the road. Do you really want that kind of power in the hands of somebody like Santorum some day?

What?  The power to force us to do what 98% of us are doing already?  Sure.  Why not?
Link
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 07:10:11 PM »

Birth control is used by 98% of Catholic women. This opposition to basic healthcare based on far-right old-fashioned ideas that the vast majority of the country disagrees with is disgusting. I hope Obama doesn't back down on this.

Be careful: The pendulum can swing the other way down the road. Do you really want that kind of power in the hands of somebody like Santorum some day?

What?  The power to force us to do what 98% of us are doing already?  Sure.  Why not?

Really? You do realize what Santorum wants of 2-10% of the population, or whatever the percentage is, right?

2%≠10%  It's 1/5 of 10%.  Nice try.

No actually I don't know what Santorum wants of 10% of the population.

98% of Catholics volunarily use contraception.  Please name for me some other issues regarding sexual reproduction where 98% of the population not only have an opinion but have at some time in the past followed through and acted on that opinion.

And this isn't forcing someone to take contraception.  This is forcing certain institutions to cover it on their insurance.  If no one at the company wants to take it then there is effectively no change for the company.  No change seems  pretty benign.  What could be better than that?
Link
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 07:12:42 PM »

No one has any medical need for contraception.

The ignorance of this statement is astonishing.
Link
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 07:21:17 PM »

So if you are a Republican do you just not give a flying fuck about anyone other than white males?
Link
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 07:23:47 PM »

Nobody NEEDS contraception. Want contraception? It's readily available at the local drug store or grocery store. It's dirt cheap, too. It is a want, not a need, and if you can't afford condoms at the local drugstore then you should probably re-consider your priorities.

Forcing a religious institution to do something that is against their beliefs is not American. It's practically communist.

I've never heard of using condoms to treat endometriosis.  Link please or we will all assume you are lying.

The ignorance on the far right is astonishing.
Link
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 07:32:21 PM »

Nobody NEEDS contraception. Want contraception? It's readily available at the local drug store or grocery store. It's dirt cheap, too. It is a want, not a need, and if you can't afford condoms at the local drugstore then you should probably re-consider your priorities.

Forcing a religious institution to do something that is against their beliefs is not American. It's practically communist.

I've never heard of using condoms to treat endometriosis.  Link please or we will all assume you are lying.

The ignorance on the far right is astonishing.

If you are taking the pill solely to treat endometriosis, you are NOT taking the pill as a contraceptive. Furthermore, there are other ways to treat said illness. Finally, the Catholic hospitals are not denying treatment of endometriosis.

A minute ago you hadn't even heard of the disease and now you are an expert?  Give us a break.
Link
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 07:36:34 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2012, 01:46:12 AM by Link »

Contraception is a want, not a need.

Link
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 07:43:09 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2012, 02:04:39 AM by Link »

Your support of this nonsense makes you a Big Government stooge who implicitly believes the state owns you and I.

I don't think doctor's recommendations are "nonsense."  No offense but I would listen to them before I listened to you.
Link
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 02:07:36 AM »

Your support of this nonsense makes you a Big Government stooge who implicitly believes the state owns you and I.

I don't think doctor's recommendations are "nonsense."  No offense but I would listen to them before I listened to you.

By "nonsense" I was obviously referring to your belief in having the government force religious institutions to do things that are against their beliefs (i.e., forcing Catholic hospitals to give contraceptives on demand for the sole purpose of contraception).

Politico you made the statement, "Contraception is a want, not a need."  You have been shown to be completely 100% wrong.  You don't have a fundamental understanding of the basic subject matter so you really shouldn't be going around trying to dictate government policy.
Link
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »

I'm not the one ignoring serious health issues ...

Objective evidence would seem to indicate otherwise.

You wouldn't understand a nuanced position if it hit you over your head.

How in the world is this "nuanced..."

Contraception is a want, not a need.

That sounds like a pretty broad absolute statement.  That is 100% wrong in many cases.
Link
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 06:37:47 PM »

Do you engage in AIDS denialism, or do you simply believe HIV is now "sex diabetes"?

Wha...

That is the most impressive strawman I've seen in quite some time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies