Rick Santorum's VP? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:36:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rick Santorum's VP? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rick Santorum's VP?  (Read 7245 times)
hotpprs
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: 3.83

« on: February 10, 2012, 01:36:21 AM »

Marco Rubio would be my 1st choice for anyone who gets the GOP nomination.
But the more I see interviews with him, the more I suspect he would rather stay a Senator while he waits his turn to run for President.
I think Rick Perry would be a good choice. Santorum may need help in the South, and Perry could help with organization and money. And he will help with Hispanic voters.
Susana Martinez might be a good pick, but she would have to be well vetted first.
It could be another repeat of the whole Sarah Palin thing, but then again, that could be a plus.
There may be a backlash once and for all against the opposing party bashing a women, seemingly just because she is a woman.
Huntsman? He is the poster child for China taking our jobs away. I don't know what all this talk is about Huntsman. He was not popular as a candidate, how will he help Santorum? No way!!
hotpprs
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »

I think Rick Perry would be a good choice. Santorum may need help in the South, and Perry could help with organization and money. And he will help with Hispanic voters.
Susana Martinez might be a good pick, but she would have to be well vetted first.
Perry is an embarrassing gaffe machine who will never get out of Texas again, and whose epic fail of a presidential campaign was so bad that it put his day job in jeopardy. Also, the last thing Santorum (or Romney for that matter) needs is a VP who reminds people of Dubya or Palin, and Perry combines the worst characteristics of both.

Really, I'm not trying to be wise with this remark, but aren't most VPs gaffe machines?
And maybe that is by design to make the guy at the top of the ticket look good?
Look at either the VPs that were actually in office, or were just on a ticket in the last 40 years.
Quite a bunch of controversial characters.
hotpprs
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 04:17:40 PM »

A moderate. Scott Brown, Jon Huntsman, or Mitch Daniels.

If he wants to lose, but pick someone close to his values, I would pick my Congressman, Allen West.

I thought of Allen West also, I see him on FOX news a lot but do not know much about him.
Santorum was a contributor on FOX news for the last few years. So I wouldn't be surprised if it would be someone who is also on FOX news often. (Maybe Ann Coulter.....HA HA HA).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies