Cannabis '15: The Long Wait Until 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:21:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Cannabis '15: The Long Wait Until 2016
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Author Topic: Cannabis '15: The Long Wait Until 2016  (Read 49060 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »

That Colorado poll only has 50% saying yes though. I remember how the polls were showing California would legalize Marijuana a month before the election, and then it all fell apart.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »

I will be voting for amendment 64 in CO to legalize marijuana.  Hopefully CO will be the first state to make it legal.  That would be great.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2012, 03:34:40 PM »

This is a cross-post from a few days back, but SurveyUSA's poll from about 10 days ago has I-502 leading 57%-33%.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2012, 06:42:45 PM »

That Colorado poll only has 50% saying yes though. I remember how the polls were showing California would legalize Marijuana a month before the election, and then it all fell apart.

Yeah but don't you think the California initiative would have done better had it been in 2012 instead of 2010 (higher total turnout, proportionally more younger people voting, etc)?

Based on the polling and shifts against in the end, I'd guess Colorado is a tossup while Washington is lean pass and Oregon is likely fail.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »

Yeah but don't you think the California initiative would have done better had it been in 2012 instead of 2010 (higher total turnout, proportionally more younger people voting, etc)?

Based on the polling and shifts against in the end, I'd guess Colorado is a tossup while Washington is lean pass and Oregon is likely fail.

Yeah, but it would have failed this year as well. I think Washington might pass it, but I would very surprised if Colorado passes it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2012, 07:41:04 PM »

Here is a polling update.

Looks like legalization is in a decent position in Washington and a slightly more precarious position in Colorado.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2012, 02:47:12 AM »

Washington could pass it but Colorado is highly unlikely. Even in Washington I would guess there is about a 40% chance of it being defeated.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2012, 02:46:31 PM »

Man, good for Washington. Gay marriage and legalization will make the state a haven for creatives and modernist tech workers. I'm looking forward to having my big gay stoner wedding there!
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2012, 03:16:26 PM »

Man, good for Washington. Gay marriage and legalization will make the state a haven for creatives and modernist tech workers. I'm looking forward to having my big gay stoner wedding there!

Congrats Mr. Moderate!  Cheesy
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »

I voted against marijuana legalization, and I quite hope it fails. However, seeing the Feds crack down on those who think it's ok to smoke marijuana might be amusing too.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2012, 04:18:16 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2012, 04:20:17 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

I voted against marijuana legalization, and I quite hope it fails. However, seeing the Feds crack down on those who think it's ok to smoke marijuana might be amusing too.

You are a sad human being who needs help. I hope there's a hell for paternalistic dicks.

edit: I'm not referring to realisticidealist but to paternalistic dicks. You're free to consider him one though!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2012, 04:51:25 PM »

Why? I can't think of any rational argument.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2012, 04:55:12 PM »

Not in Romney's America.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2012, 05:03:29 PM »

Why are you hoping it fails? 
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2012, 06:40:29 PM »

Government knows what's good for you.

The fact that some people actually get a kick out of seeing the state exercise its unrestrained authority against people for owning a plant is sad, but interesting.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2012, 03:56:00 AM »

People who are so staunchly anti-marijuana should try smoking it sometime. You might be surprised to learn that isn't a big scary monster so much as it is an "alcohol alternative."

Some of us are trying to watch our carbs.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2012, 04:27:43 AM »

Some of us are trying to watch our carbs.

but munchies Sad
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2012, 01:54:50 PM »

Why should I hope it passes? I have no desire to start legalizing marijuana. I'd rather we banned alcohol and tobacco than continue with this discourse of legalization and laissez-faire morality. I do not wish the government to socially legitimize marijuana and the culture that surrounds it. I find it amusing when people so brazenly break the law and refuse to conceive of the inescapable nature of the consequences that follow--regardless of the supposed righteousness claimed by the transgressors.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2012, 02:30:03 PM »

Why should I hope it passes? I have no desire to start legalizing marijuana. I'd rather we banned alcohol and tobacco than continue with this discourse of legalization and laissez-faire morality. I do not wish the government to socially legitimize marijuana and the culture that surrounds it. I find it amusing when people so brazenly break the law and refuse to conceive of the inescapable nature of the consequences that follow--regardless of the supposed righteousness claimed by the transgressors.

Sounds an awful lot like the idiot conservatives that go on about the "homosexual lifestyle". Surely you understand that marijuana usage causes no harm to others...and little to no harm to the user? Don't see why an otherwise compassionate person like you wants to ruin so many lives for something so trivial.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2012, 05:56:04 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2012, 06:02:06 PM by Senator Sbane »

How could you possibly find it amusing that people's lives a ruined daily because of the governments war on a harmless plant? Being around Houston I can say the victims of the war are disproportionately minorities, many of whom are doing nothing else wrong. Working with NORML I have also seen many people who have legitimate illnesses and the medicine they are prescribed is worse than the illness itself. One such fellow in north Houston chose to self medicate becuase while it may not have cured his spinal issue it at least took the pain away and didn't have the wicked side effects the prescription crap. He was busted and is now facing 25 to life and with his health problems will more than likely die in prison. I see nothing amusing about it.

It's ridiculous that it is somehow ok to take Oxycodone for pain, but not Marijuana. Especially considering that the chance of overdosing goes way up for strong opiates such as Oxycodone. On the other hand, it is virtually impossible to overdose on Marijuana. And of course opiates are much more addictive than Marijuana.

Even leaving aside pain pills, let us look at one of the primary reasons people choose to use Medical Marijuana in states like California, anxiety. There is a tremendous amount of legal benzodiazepine use in America for anxiety. Why shouldn't people be allowed to use Marijuana extract capsules for that very same indication?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2012, 06:04:53 PM »

If it passes there will be legal Marijuana and no state income tax. Very attractive place to live....

In any case, some of you are way too optimistic. There are a lot of Realisticidealist types out there. Especially women who stay undecided till the end and then overwhelmingly vote no. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2012, 04:23:55 PM »

Good news! PPP finds the amendment leading in Colorado, 53-43: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_CO_1025.pdf
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2012, 08:23:12 PM »

That "5" before that "3" is a biiiiiiig deal.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2012, 08:53:07 PM »

I would imagine that the federal government has storm troopers on the ready. They're still arresting people connected with medical marijuana here in CA.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2012, 12:23:04 AM »

I would imagine that the federal government has storm troopers on the ready. They're still arresting people connected with medical marijuana here in CA.
And heavy heavy shame on Obama for it. He utterly failed this movement and they shouldn't forget that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies