Cannabis '15: The Long Wait Until 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:25:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Cannabis '15: The Long Wait Until 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cannabis '15: The Long Wait Until 2016  (Read 49281 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 26, 2012, 12:51:10 PM »

It seems absolutely ridiculous that a relatively harmless plant that, along with alcohol, suppressed anxiety and helped allow society to happen is so terribly villified by the masses. The masses who, at the same time, are sucking down prozac like there's no tomorrow.

Anyway. Greetings from California.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 08:07:51 PM »

In case you missed it: The Los Angeles City Council voted to shut down all pot dispensaries in the city within 45 days.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/26/what-will-los-angeles-ban-on-medical-marijuana-dispensaries-mean.html

My favorite dispensary is in LA. Sad
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 08:50:14 PM »

According to the dispensary I visit, only certain establishments are being shuttered. This is supposedly an effort to give the police teeth to shut down the dispensaries that sell more than just weed.

And even if they did shutter them all, there's always West Hollywood.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 02:46:31 PM »

Man, good for Washington. Gay marriage and legalization will make the state a haven for creatives and modernist tech workers. I'm looking forward to having my big gay stoner wedding there!
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 03:56:00 AM »

People who are so staunchly anti-marijuana should try smoking it sometime. You might be surprised to learn that isn't a big scary monster so much as it is an "alcohol alternative."

Some of us are trying to watch our carbs.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 08:53:07 PM »

I would imagine that the federal government has storm troopers on the ready. They're still arresting people connected with medical marijuana here in CA.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 07:09:37 PM »

Almost certainly, major politicians in the Democratic Party will start taking the "moderate hero" stand of letting marijuana law be a state's rights issue. And it may be happening soon. Opposition to marijuana is, as they say, is a mile wide but an inch deep. I expect to see a large number of Obama states move to legalize in the next few years via referendum.

Does anyone expect President-elect Obama to wage a full-scale war on Democratic-leaning voters in a 2016 swing state?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 07:53:23 PM »

I'm kind of annoyed Colorado had to legalize it, too. I wanted Washington to be the only state!

Colorado is more centrally located and already a tourist destination. We won't be able to compete. Sad

From what I hear, Washington's law will go into effect about a year before Colorado's will. That kind of head start means you'll be more than able to compete.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 09:36:43 AM »

The reporter for KTVA news in Anchorage, Alaska recently did a story on marijuana legalization in her state. During the live broadcast, the reporter revealed that she, herself, is the owner of Alaska Cannabis Club, the only medical marijuana club in the state. And that she's dedicating herself to fighting for legalization, and ... well, you know, f*** it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYcSqIuqkz4
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies