Santorum: Women shouldn't be in front-line combat. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:57:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum: Women shouldn't be in front-line combat. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum: Women shouldn't be in front-line combat.  (Read 7480 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: February 11, 2012, 12:39:51 AM »

I eagerly anticipate Ron Paul's trolling of Santorum in the next debate.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 12:50:53 AM »
« Edited: February 11, 2012, 12:55:31 AM by Politico »

Maybe I've watched Alien/Aliens one too many times, but I've always suspected AT LEAST SOME women can fight just as well as many men. However, I would obviously bet that, in general, most women would be poor in combat, or at least certainly a higher percentage of women would be poor in combat than the percentage of men. Furthermore, the elite of the elite will always be men for the same reason that most of the overall sports world records are in the male categories, not the female categories. To give another example, I would be really surprised to find out that the Navy SEALs team that took out Bin Laden had a single female on its roster.

That is not to say that I agree with Santorum saying these sort of things. The GOP is going to need to win at least 47% of the female vote to have a chance at beating Obama. Comments like this do not help after the Cain/Gingrich debacles. It appears only Romney actually understands how to win over female voters, not repel them. Team Romney certainly understands how important females are going to be in this election. Why Santorum and Gingrich do not is beyond me...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies