Santorum: Women shouldn't be in front-line combat. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:35:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum: Women shouldn't be in front-line combat. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum: Women shouldn't be in front-line combat.  (Read 7474 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 10, 2012, 11:11:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

50 percent of combat divisions would have to be women. It would never happen - but there would be significant damage to the combat effectiveness to enforce a dubious doctrine with no basis in reality.

Also - it would mean the end of the US military as a serious fighting force. Men prefer difficult jobs that have a high casulty ratio - why not give men a chance to shine? As a guy I'd be embarrassed to have a woman stick up for me and fight my battles for me even if she had 5 inches and 50 pounds (not difficult), simply because I believe that it's my job to protect her with all I've got.

Why do we have to waste time, energy and money defying what most men and women actually want?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 12:41:17 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The US military doctrine is based on combat effectiveness not troop counts. Weakening their primary strength by increasing numbers will weaken their capacity to fight.

This is also why it's preferred to have a volunteer force over that of a draft. Having soldiers that want to fight is much, much better than draftees.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies