Santorum: Women shouldn't be in front-line combat. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:13:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum: Women shouldn't be in front-line combat. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum: Women shouldn't be in front-line combat.  (Read 7498 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 11, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »

Women are not in combat roles now- from what I gather the DoD is trying to put them in combat support roles- intelligence, comm, medical, etc which would put them closer to actual combat
Santorum is describing something that is VERY true....ther e is a natural instinct to protect women and I cannot imagine the horror of seeing a woman killed in action or wounded in combat...it is somethign that is difficult to describe and might sound sexist but thats not the intention

Santorum is exactlyr ight but should phrase his thoughts better
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 12:11:02 PM »

It's not a "natural instinct."  It's entirely a cultural thing.  It just appears inborn because of the way gender socialization works.  Just like every other aspect of gender.

Regardless- it is there and would be an issue

Aside from that, women are less physically prepared for combat. There is a reason PFTs for women have lower standards...females are simply unable to push the limits of physical strength and stamina of men. Hell any woman serving right now could do far better then most male civilians in a physial contest... but women are unable to reach the required physical level for combat
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 12:20:01 PM »

What I just mentioned- PFT- is the most crucial component of military training. Everyone from the new arrival at Marine Corps REcruit Depot to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has to pass as PFT and those who create the standards for it have set them lower for women because of natural ability

I agree that all women are not weaker then all men...that is what I was trying to say by saying any woman in the military is far more in shape then most civilian men and many men in the military...but combat arms troops (not even special operators but they are of course the extreme) need to excel at the PFT, not to mention the other tests they will undergo- challenge courses and the like
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies