Top 5 worst U.S. Presidents. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:40:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Top 5 worst U.S. Presidents. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Top 5 worst U.S. Presidents.  (Read 16030 times)
WillK

« on: February 18, 2012, 01:15:32 PM »

1. Wilson
2. Tyler
3. Pierce
4. Jefferson
5. George W. Bush

While Buchanan was not a particularly good president, one can't really say he made things much worse than they otherwise would have been, which is why he doesn't make my worst 5 list. If either Tyler or Pierce had had a full eight years they might have been able to displace Wilson from my top 5, but they were both bad enough in their first term to preclude getting a second so we'll never know.

Please explain that. As bad as the Ograbme was, it can't make him worse than Buchanan.

Why not?   
Buchanan's response to a crisis was less than we would like, but he didnt create the crisis. 
Jefferson essentially created the crisis with his policy proposal and the way he enforced it.
WillK

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:57:35 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk
WillK

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 05:57:26 AM »

Am I the only one who noticed they're all republicans, and that at least two of those are unfair?

Adams (either one) wasnt a Republican.   I dont know what you mean by unfair, though I completely disagree with several of the choices.
WillK

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 01:36:35 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=150969.msg3239692#msg3239692

Any list that doesn't have James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, and Warren G. Harding in the bottom 5 doesn't have the faintest idea of what it's talking about. 

On the contrary, anyone who thinks Harding should be in the bottom 5 isnt thinking clearly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies